Roswell 1947

tup

haha!!!

i dont think so at all, its just using your imagination to think outside the box!

is it REALLY that unorthodox that youd not think of it?

When it gets to the point that you accept things that you imagine up over more logical and factual explanations, then it may come across as a bit crazy...

i dont think so at all, its just using your imagination to think outside the box!

Thinking aliens somehow built pyramids on earth aligned to invisible stars or in fact have made other pyramids that are also invisible/on other planets/in another dimension is, well, plane crazy.

So, in short, yes.

While it's an interesting anachronism, the Antikythera Mechanism points only towards advanced human technology, rather than "Aliens!"

I personally think that there has been previous civilisations on Earth, human civilisations, that were wiped out following some kind of global collapse. Possibly an Ice Age, volcanism, or some other natural disaster. What we see as the emergence of human civilisation, centering on the Fertile Crescent, was in fact a re-emergence of human civilisation, rather than the first instance.

One thing I'll say about the pyramids is that I don't believe Jewish slave-power was responsible, since the Jews were in fact never likely slaves of the Egyptians.

I also believe that the Egyptians used technologies that we're currently unaware of them using.

That doesn't necessarily mean aliens, though.

Big believer in Atlantis then?

Oh, I've no (personal) doubt that the Mechanism is Human-inspired, designed and constructed. I just threw it out there as one of those peculiarities that rests aside Stonehenge, the Pyramids, etc. As feats of engineering or science or sociology which seem very much out of place to their time period (or imagined period).

Certainly, I'd be disappointed if a truly alien race decided hiding a mechanical clock-like device at the bottom of the sea for a thousand years was the best way to go about initiating contact. Unless it's similiar to the sci-fi "Contact", in which case maybe we'll work out how to build one ourselves and go visiting.

Big believer in Atlantis then?

I'll sit on the fence with that one.

Do I believe there was an Atlantean Civilisation that disappeared into the ocean? Well, yeah it's absolutely credible. The Earth's surface is a dynamic place, and a carefully placed Tsunami, volcanic eruption, or major natural disaster could wipe out an island nation pretty easily.

Do I believe a race of supermen fled Atlantis because a nuclear war against the Aryans or some other group destroyed the Earth's surface, forcing the atlanteans to flee into the interior of the Earth where they currently reside in Shamballa?

Possibly not.

If current human civilization were to be wiped out tomorrow, how long until all signs of that civilisation disappeared? How long for forest or desert to reclaim a city? Couple of thousand years? Twenty thousand years would for sure cover it.

Depending on how much crazy shit you read, 20,000 years is an interesting time-frame.

In India there's a belief that there was a pretty significant civilisation occupying that part of the globe 20,000 years ago, and that it was wiped out in a war. Some evidence may lie in Indian cities that are being excavated

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

Our own civilisation has been around for a few thousand years, depending on where you're at, and our knowledge of what's under the ground is patchy at best. I get the impression that we've been civilised before, suffered a cataclysm, and are slowly recovering from that cataclysm.

Even the disappearance of ONE culture can have a devastating effect on civilisation.

When the Western Roman Empire finally collapsed circa 476CE, that was it tatties for Europe. We regressed back to a state of barbarism where we couldn't even build a road, sanitation was forgotten, simple things like a stone arch was beyond our capacity, and cities gave way to fortified structures surrounded by huts made of mud and wood. Any form of democratic process was forgotten, and we regressed to a level of cultural and technological barbarity that Roman influence had slowly been addressing for centuries. It took us about a thousand years just to get back to where we were.

So we can see that, factually, we do go through periods of progression and regression.

Could an advanced 'Atlantean' culture have existed and been wiped out?

Sure could.

Our Civilisation (that is, post-1930) might then be the first to be "impossible" to completely scour from the earth. All the fun we've had splitting the atom has left the tell-tale remains of fissionable by-products in our atmosphere (as well as terra firma). These heavier elements half half-lives of ... A really long time. Still, they will eventually decay until the only sources of radiation are naturally occurring. There's the vast, vast swarm of space debris (be that active, non-functional satellites and/or detritus like expended rocket stages) that should ensure there's evidence of our civilisation in LEO for a good few centuries.

Finally, the equipment (Lunar Landers, rovers and Laser Rangefinders) left on the Moon will exist for at least as long as either the Moon survives or a sufficiently catastrophic impact event wipes out all evidence of Man's work there. Since various probes, rovers and landings have been made at various points, it's unlikely that all evidence of our presence on the Moon will be lost.

Throw in that there's a multitude of probes in orbit of Mars that will be there, undisturbed, for a long time - not to mention Deep Space probes like the two Voyagers, Pioneer 10, etc. - and this could be the first time Human (current) Civilisation has done enough to make sure somewhere, there's a lasting reminder of it.

All perfectly reasonable assumptions in my book Kelt. Where did you get that quote from? I'd like to check it out.

Link here though not a lot of information. For more you'll have to dig.

The Vedas talk of weapons like the Brahma Ashta and the Naga Ashta, which when read from a purely technical standpoint, sound like modern weapons... with either high-yield conventional explosives or even nuclear weapons.

The Bhagavad Gita talks about a war in Ancient India, the Mahabharata War, where massively destructive weapons are used. Nuclear weapons, if you're disposed to believe in the likelyhood of such a possibility.

Over a thousand years later, Oppenheimer test his nuclear weapons, and pointedly chooses to cite text from... the Bhagavad Gita. This is possibly one of the most intense historical pieces of film you're ever likely to see. This is Oppenheimer quoting from the Bhagavad Gita immediately following the Trinity tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YLehuMydo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TnWLJ_aLo

The problem is that anything that doesn't correlate with the commonly held belief of the day is ridiculed and, worse, actively stamped out... be that Heliocentricism or the Ruins of Troy.

The mainstream media reports on nothing of controversy, but would rather maintain the status quo, in a sort of large scale succulent lamb school of journalism.

So anything out of the ordinary is pushed to the fringes, where unfortunately it's very easy to dismiss these people as cranks and loons.

I'd recommend Coast to Coast AM to anyone who's interested in anything not in the mainstream. It's an American radio show with a huge following. It has guests on from all walks of life, and admittedly many of those guests are fruitloops who should be locked up... even by my pretty liberal standards. However, many of the guests are former NASA employees, archaeologists, JPL staff and on occasion, former government employees and astronauts.

This is a lengthy interview with Bob Lazar, an employee at S4, who was allegedly employed to work on back engineering 'exotic' propulsion systems. The government denied he worked for him, or even knowing who he was, until one investigative reporter found his phone number in the base's directory.

He's a pretty credible witness, although there's a lot of disinformation and downright slander aimed his way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6Xq8idR90

You're right MT, there's no way the Egyptians could've built the pyramids.

There's also no way archaeologists know which quarries the stones came from, know how the stone was quarried and the tools used, know the routes the stones took to get there, there's no way a civilisation that based its beliefs on the sky would then manage to align 3 buildings to 3 stars and there's no way people who could build boats that could carry 200-300 people could also work out how to get large lumps of stone to go together in a pyramid shape.

There's also no way that same civilisation would fail to build perfect pyramids before hand that are dotted around the place which would all be warm ups to the great puramids.

No way at all.

My mate has not long started a job in Cairo, I asked him what the place was like, his first sentence was......put it this way, the Egyptians never built the pyramids, they're not capable, the place is a shit hole.

I've never been so can't comment but it would be a hard enough job building those feckers with a 100 ton crane and good transport systems, I suspect outside forces were involved, same goes for Stonehenge and the Forth road bridge.

• Upvote 1

The problem is that anything that doesn't correlate with the commonly held belief of the day is ridiculed and, worse, actively stamped out... be that Heliocentricism or the Ruins of Troy.

The mainstream media reports on nothing of controversy, but would rather maintain the status quo, in a sort of large scale succulent lamb school of journalism.

So anything out of the ordinary is pushed to the fringes, where unfortunately it's very easy to dismiss these people as cranks and loons.

I'd recommend Coast to Coast AM to anyone who's interested in anything not in the mainstream. It's an American radio show with a huge following. It has guests on from all walks of life, and admittedly many of those guests are fruitloops who should be locked up... even by my pretty liberal standards. However, many of the guests are former NASA employees, archaeologists, JPL staff and on occasion, former government employees and astronauts.

This is a lengthy interview with Bob Lazar, an employee at S4, who was allegedly employed to work on back engineering 'exotic' propulsion systems. The government denied he worked for him, or even knowing who he was, until one investigative reporter found his phone number in the base's directory.

He's a pretty credible witness, although there's a lot of disinformation and downright slander aimed his way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6Xq8idR90

My mind is open but when the evidence presented is on the level of some ghost hunting TV show and I am told to 'prepare to be amazed' then that's just not going to cut it.

Will check out your vid though, think I've heard of this guy before.

My mind is open but when the evidence presented is on the level of some ghost hunting TV show and I am told to 'prepare to be amazed' then that's just not going to cut it.

Will check out your vid though, think I've heard of this guy before.

As I say, the level of guest varies from utter mentalist to nuclear physicists and, one of my favourites, Father Malachi Martin. A Catholic Priest who lived a somewhat colourful life, and was involved in exorcisms, amongst other things. Now whether or not you believe in demonic possession, and I don't, it's an interesting interview to listen to. Probably on Youtube if you care to look for it.

I wouldn't let the 'Be prepared to be amazed' line phase you... C2CAM is a damned good show, even when the mentalists are on. You might even say those are the best shows.... like the flyover of Area 51 episode, probably fake, but highly entertaining. And the very spooky Area 51 Caller, who could be dismissed as nothing but a crank until all the lights go out :)

The problem is that anything that doesn't correlate with the commonly held belief of the day is ridiculed

The mainstream media reports on nothing of controversy

Yes, this is undoubtedly the case.

My belief is that the more a theory is ridiculed, and the more powerful the person/authority ridiculing it, the more chance it has of being connected to the truth.

unless theyre pointing at the actual stars theyre from

OR, maybe these "main pryamids" are also just practice ones

practice ones for ones weve either not found yet, or wont ever find because theyre so sophisticated

Practice Pyramids? :hysterical:

did the "great minds" not think the earth was flat once upon a time?

whoever the clever, handsome bastard was that first said it might be round was...he was probably branded as a mentalist too

I use that argument all the time to wind up the bird. Shes got some Biomedical Science type degree. If i feel like an argument, this is how a typical conversation will go:

Me - "Why do we need lungs?"

Her - "So we can breathe".

Me - "How do you know"

Her - "*sighs, followed by a detailed explanation on each function of the lungs etc.*"

Me - "Yeah, but how do you know?"

Her - "*Years of research, tests, many of the worldest brightest minds type rant*"

Me - "yes, but the smartest thought the world was flat years ago, they were proved wrong. How do you know what you are saying now wont be proved wrong in 300 years?"

Her - "Fuck off. *Goes in huff*"

• Upvote 1

I hope you're so good in bed that your bird is hopelessly addicted to you thommo. Sounds to me like you're heading for being dumped for being her intellectual inequal.

Surprise her. Educate yourself and then educate her. Study something worthwhile. Show her that your brain is organic rather than static.

The stagnating brain shrivels and dies. Winding up the more intelligent than us provides satisfaction only to the most twisted and shriveled of minds.

He's punching above his weight big time.

He works in the bakery in Asda.

He's in charge of defrosting the rolls.

did the "great minds" not think the earth was flat once upon a time?

whoever the clever, handsome bastard was that first said it might be round was...he was probably branded as a mentalist too

No, they didnt, thats a myth... It comes from around the 1900's when people were trying to argue the finer points of evolution.

Most people, from the time of the ancient Greeks, knew that the Earth was a sphere.

you're INCREDIBLY ignorant mate

i feel sorry for people who just believe what theyre told

most people are basically sceptical but balance up the probability of things - your mum tells you your her boy - you believe her, you have no real proof she didn't just nick you from the neighbours pram and substitute another child - the chances are pretty high you are the child of the woman you know as mother but not 100%. There are established mechanisms for the construction of pyramids well within the capabilities of man at that time, detailed reports of how it was done and progressive evidence of improvement in design over time, so on balance I believe that the egyptians with on occasion assistance from some semitic tribes built the pyramids.

I feel incredibly sad about the gullible - but if you wish to come round i have some snake oil for sale that can make you immortal - money back if it doesn't.

anyway hang on a second...people are saying that egyptians built their pyramids DIRECTLY under that thing from men in black???

lets think about that for a second, there are only 3 possibilities:

1) they were aliens themselves

2) aliens built the buildings themselves (predator vs aliens was right!) and then fecked off, with the sneaky egyptians stealing the credit

3) god?

Okay - you're not simply gullible - your three unique MT options are that egyptians are aliens - they are still here - the coptic egyptians are direct descendants - aliens built it and went away - presumably to central america to build some more and then off to SE asia - pyramids are quite easy to build - there is one on the outskirts of Rome too - or that a multidimensional being who is worshipped by many but for whom there is no proof built them - and the ideas of god and aliens are your own then not ideas you've heard and brought in to fit a (fanciful) idea rather than the far more credible concept that they were made by the Egyptians - look are you sure you've not heard of the beneficial effects of monkey glands - i can make you immortal - full refund on failure