Roswell 1947

tup

I agree it's almost certainly black ops by human beings.

However, when you look into the Lake Vostok mystery and other things like the Nazca lines then you can see we are not really party to a lot of what goes on in the shadows around us.

Why not tell us is the question?

there are some things you're better off not knowing. and there are some things that need time to be put in place, and if you were told in advance of that happening, it couldn't happen. that sort of thing i expect. but what the fuck do i know? you didn't even like my original answer to your thread. :ThumbsDown:

i'm going home to bake, whilst i wait for these negative thoughts to pass. :moonie:

I want to know everything.

Knowledge is power.

Although, equally ignorance is bliss.

i.e. enjoy the baking.

if you want knowledge and power, become head of state in a country like the US of A. then you can have loads of secrets and keep them from others.

until that time, i expect you don't get to be in the know about some things. sucks to be you.

If aliens really did come to earth then the US government are cunts for covering it up , instead they should have announced that we were being invaded by the only 2 aliens from their planet but there might be more planets like that out there .

Brotherhood of man would have followed as we searched endlessly for this elusive planet , resulting in a mixture of Lost in space , red dwarf and that cartoon thundercats .

Seriously though , anything that comes out of the US leaves me thinking "aye , right !" , even the moonlandings were a load of pish .

The truth is out there , unfortunately you winna get to hear it !

If aliens really did come to earth then the US government are cunts for covering it up , instead they should have announced that we were being invaded by the only 2 aliens from their planet but there might be more planets like that out there .

Brotherhood of man would have followed as we searched endlessly for this elusive planet , resulting in a mixture of Lost in space , red dwarf and that cartoon thundercats .

Seriously though , anything that comes out of the US leaves me thinking "aye , right !" , even the moonlandings were a load of pish .

The truth is out there , unfortunately you winna get to hear it !

I have met and spoken to at length with Buzz Aldrin during a flight from Amsterdam to Moscow and can confirm that your claim there is 100% pure unadulterated bullshit.

I have met and spoken to at length with Buzz Aldrin during a flight from Amsterdam to Moscow and can confirm that your claim there is 100% pure unadulterated bullshit.

Wouldna be much of a cover up if Buzz Aldrin was telling complete strangers on a plane all about it !!

How did he convince you ? Did he tell you it's dark up there ? That the rocket was really really fast and noisy ?

I often think that the most compelling argument that the Moon Landings happened, as history claims, is nothing to do with the science of it. "Hoaxers" would have you believe that while the U.S. successfully fooled not only their most bitter, most ideologically hated foe in the Soviet Union - the only other country with comparable technology which had achieved even more in the way of firsts in space exploration, and would love to discover a hoax like Jutes love being known for marmalade - the efforts they went to were sufficient to pull the wool over the eyes of the Soviets, but not a few isolated oddballs living in their parents' basements.

As for Roswell; I find it difficult to believe that while the U.S. most cherished nuclear secrets were consistently leaked to enemy forces, actual and real evidence of supposed alien life on Earth never made it beyond those same oddballs and their basements. I would think those double-agents would be ransacking offices looking for that kind of information.

Wouldna be much of a cover up if Buzz Aldrin was telling complete strangers on a plane all about it !!

How did he convince you ? Did he tell you it's dark up there ? That the rocket was really really fast and noisy ?

It isn't a cover up so he chats freely to anyone fortunate enough to be sitting next to him on a plane.

He's an intelligent man. He said many things. The speed and noise of the rocket isn't really relevant to whether he was on the moon in the grand scheme of things so it wasn't mentioned.

I've been looking into this in some of my recent reading.

Opinions please.

I dinna need anyone to explain it to me before anyone does, I ken the gist of it, I'm looking for personal interpretations of the existing information.

I tend to believe that some kind of non-American vehicle crashed in the desert. Over the years the evidence has mounted that this was no weather balloon.

Some of the more compelling evidence, and I don't know what you're reading, comes from guys who allegedly worked on the program.

Bob Lazar claims to have worked on the back engineering program, and you can see interviews with him on Youtube. Very level-headed and smart individual. Doesn't strike me as making the story up.

The book Above Top Secret, written by a military officer who was in charge of the release of certain technologies into the private sector.

The locals who were threatened by military officials. Why threaten people who might talk about a downed weather balloon?

And some of the most compelling evidence that this was no weather balloon came from the Air Force themselves in the form of Ramey's memo... carelessly flourished by the officer at the press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8VQwxF8gRQ

I tend to believe that some kind of non-American vehicle crashed in the desert. Over the years the evidence has mounted that this was no weather balloon.

Some of the more compelling evidence, and I don't know what you're reading, comes from guys who allegedly worked on the program.

Bob Lazar claims to have worked on the back engineering program, and you can see interviews with him on Youtube. Very level-headed and smart individual. Doesn't strike me as making the story up.

The book Above Top Secret, written by a military officer who was in charge of the release of certain technologies into the private sector.

The locals who were threatened by military officials. Why threaten people who might talk about a downed weather balloon?

And some of the most compelling evidence that this was no weather balloon came from the Air Force themselves in the form of Ramey's memo... carelessly flourished by the officer at the press conference.

Aye I've heard of Bob Lazar.

The locals certainly seen something and some of them were hounded to their deaths because of it, although information on this is sometimes vague.

Roswell - man-made object fucks up and falls out of sky. Aliens seem best cover up for USAF then the next day the decide that this will cause even more panic and retract. Simple.

Crop Circles - aye, lets travel billions of miles to leave lovely patterns in farmer Brown's field.

Aliens visiting earth - hasnt happened... if it had we'd all be either dead or enslaved. There aint no Star Trek style federation utopia out there. If an alien race comes here its because it wants something. We'll just get in the way of it taking it. If a civilization can make a craft that can survive the rigors of space travel along with the speeds that would be needed to get here then it sure as hell can brush off a few nukes fired into space to bring it down.

Are we alone - fuck no. shear arrogance and religious babble to think we are. There are billions of stars, trillions of planets out there. For us to be the only planet that has life on it would be near impossible.

Roswell - man-made object fucks up and falls out of sky. Aliens seem best cover up for USAF then the next day the decide that this will cause even more panic and retract. Simple.

Crop Circles - aye, lets travel billions of miles to leave lovely patterns in farmer Brown's field.

Aliens visiting earth - hasnt happened... if it had we'd all be either dead or enslaved. There aint no Star Trek style federation utopia out there. If an alien race comes here its because it wants something. We'll just get in the way of it taking it. If a civilization can make a craft that can survive the rigors of space travel along with the speeds that would be needed to get here then it sure as hell can brush off a few nukes fired into space to bring it down.

Are we alone - fuck no. shear arrogance and religious babble to think we are. There are billions of stars, trillions of planets out there. For us to be the only planet that has life on it would be near impossible.

Aye, there's bound to be heaps of other life forms in the Universe, however travel between galaxies would seem to be pretty much impossible so you're relying on aliens living relatively near by and having superior tech to our own. Narrows the odds of them ever making it to Earth down quite a lot.

Drake equation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

'Speed' isn't an essential component to Interstellar travel, according to Lazar.

We think of travel in purely conventional forms, which would make travel to even the nearest stars next to impossible.

Most technologies suffer from the rule of diminishing returns, so to break through that wall you need radical development rather than simple progression.

For example, using chemical rockets, the conventional form of space travel right now, it would take months to reach Mars from Earth, even when Mars is at it's closest to our planet. This makes travelling to Mars using a manned vehicle a very complicated problem in terms of fuel and stores.

The Canadians, however, have developed an engine that doesn't use chemical combustion. It's a radical departure from burning fuel, and they estimate the journey would take weeks rather than months, which immediately makes the fuel/supplies problem a less significant barrier

Thinking in purely conventional terms doesn't really work.

Now, we've been flying for a hundred years or so, and we've gone from dudes jumping of the end of piers, flapping makeshift, homemade wings, to a permanent orbital Space Station, and a means to reach Mars in a few weeks. That's a hundred years.

Now, imagine what could be accomplished in terms of propulsion in a thousand years, or ten thousand years.

In even two hundred years technology will have advanced beyond a point that we would understand as any kind of recognisable propulsion.

IF Aliens exist they almost certainly don't travel from Zeta Reticuli using technology developed by the NAZIs during WW2, so to say that the time needed to travel between the stars makes contact impossible is thinking in purely conventional terms.

'Speed' isn't an essential component to Interstellar travel, according to Lazar.

We think of travel in purely conventional forms, which would make travel to even the nearest stars next to impossible.

Most technologies suffer from the rule of diminishing returns, so to break through that wall you need radical development rather than simple progression.

For example, using chemical rockets, the conventional form of space travel right now, it would take months to reach Mars from Earth, even when Mars is at it's closest to our planet. This makes travelling to Mars using a manned vehicle a very complicated problem in terms of fuel and stores.

The Canadian, however, have developed an engine that doesn't use chemical combustion. It's a radical departure from burning fuel, and they estimate the journey would take weeks rather than months, which immediately makes the fuel/supplies problem a less significant barrier

Now, we've been flying for a hundred years or so, and we've gone from dudes jumping of the end of piers, flapping makeshift, homemade wings, to a permanent orbital Space Station, and a means to reach Mars in a few weeks. That's a hundred years.

Now, imagine what could be accomplished in terms of propulsion in a thousand years, or ten thousand years.

In even two hundred years technology will have advanced beyond a point that we would understand as any kind of recognisable propulsion.

IF Aliens exist they almost certainly don't travel from Zeta Reticuli using technology developed by the NAZIs during WW2, so to say that the time needed to travel between the stars makes contact impossible is thinking in purely conventional terms.

All well and good but according to Einstein it is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. I don't like to think it is but it would seem so. The nearest star to us is 5 years away at the speed of light. That's a hoor of a drive.

All well and good but according to Einstein it is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. I don't like to think it is but it would seem so. The nearest star to us is 5 years away at the speed of light. That's a hoor of a drive.

He's nae the brain he's made out to be.

If I remember this correctly, the closer you get to the speed of light the greater the increase in the object's mass until it reaches near infinite mass.

Again, we're thinking in purely conventional terms.

We already know that the speed of light can be altered, even using today's technology. Further to that, we know that Time, gravity and Space are interrelated, and who's to say that these can't be manipulated? Time slows down the greater the greater the gravitational mass it comes into contact with. Nothing about the Universe is 100% fixed... there are rules, but they can be manipulated.

It's possible that breaching the Speed of Light isn't a necessary component in the equation.

If I remember this correctly, the closer you get to the speed of light the greater the increase in the object's mass until it reaches near infinite mass.

Again, we're thinking in purely conventional terms.

We already know that the speed of light can be altered, even using today's technology. Further to that, we know that Time, gravity and Space are interrelated, and who's to say that these can't be manipulated? Time slows down the greater the greater the gravitational mass it comes into contact with. Nothing about the Universe is 100% fixed... there are rules, but they can be manipulated.

It's possible that breaching the Speed of Light isn't a necessary component in the equation.

The Canadians, however, have developed an engine that doesn't use chemical combustion. It's a radical departure from burning fuel, and they estimate the journey would take weeks rather than months, which immediately makes the fuel/supplies problem a less significant barrier

The problem is one of physics not technology - if e=mc2 - then basically travel between stars is just not going to work in the lifespans of any species of interest on this planet and that is the only working model we have.

The universe has been around a long long time - if there were aliens capable of travelling between stars they'd be here by now and we'd either be in some happy federation or eliminated as surplus to requirements, unless of course you adhere to the hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy model - in which case the event at roswell is simply an unfortunate crash by two teenagers buzzing a planet that hasn't made interstellar contact yet and the americans have gone all secretive about it largely because they don't understand it.

The problem is one of physics not technology - if e=mc2 - then basically travel between stars is just not going to work in the lifespans of any species of interest on this planet and that is the only working model we have.

I'm pretty sure E=MC2 is a confirmed equation ;)

But, again, you're just thinking "Let's go really, really fast in a conventional sense" which would involve travelling in regular Space/Time using, theoretically, great big chemical rockets.

If that's the means by which we attempt to get to the stars, then it's going to take a loooong time to reach even the closest solar system.

It's now theorised that there are 11 dimensions in time and space, not 3 (or 4 if you count time). I'm no physicist, but apparently a whole bunch of near impossible mathematical problems suddenly vanish if 11 dimensions are factored into the equation.

E=MC2 works based on understanding of a three (4 if you count time) dimensional world.

The universe has been around a long long time - if there were aliens capable of travelling between stars they'd be here by now and we'd either be in some happy federation or eliminated as surplus to requirements, unless of course you adhere to the hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy model - in which case the event at roswell is simply an unfortunate crash by two teenagers buzzing a planet that hasn't made interstellar contact yet and the americans have gone all secretive about it largely because they don't understand it.

There's a crazy conspiracy maze covering all those subjects. How much is believable is up to the individual... but look at it this way.

... We're barely into the technological age. After a million years of living in trees and running away from four-legged predators we've only just started building machines. Our industrial age is barely a couple of centuries old... and in that time we've reached the computer age.

We've gone from purely natural means of propulsion... legs, horses, Eagle (if you're Gandalf), have given way to steam, internal combustion, to Ion and plasma drive.

According to Lazar, the fuel source of the craft he was working on was E115... an element we can just about manufacture in tiny amounts right now. We'd need a couple of kilos of the stuff to power the craft he claims to have been back engineering. Instead of chemical reaction it operates on a form of gravitational drive, creating it's OWN gravity as a means of propulsion. Now if you can manipulate gravity, and gravity directly impacts time and space, going really, really fast is no longer a component of travel, potentially.