Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

I'm so fucking angry about all this...

We've turned down a £50m gift

We're spending £30m on destroying a grade A listed building, ripping out the marble stair and sticking a corrugated iron shed on its roof.

We've just gifted a private company St Nicolas House and we're then going to pay rent on Barney Square for eternity. Where's that money coming from? The disabled and schools oh and benefit cuts in this 'city deal' that Carmichael spoke about yesterday. So the poor and vulnerable pay for the council buildings front garden.

Now after spunking money on shite that doesnt need it, throwing away money because Barney wants barney square and turning down a £50m gift we're going cap in hand to Westminster and the fucking EU like some third world nation.

These cunts need their fucking necks wringing!!!

Interesting use of the word "renovate".

I might write to Embra City Council offering them £50million to fill Princess Street Gardens with cement.

Huge difference is Princes street gardens are accessible to all and an inviting place to visit, over Christmas they have a huge market there that tourists come from all over to visit, our hole in the ground just isn't suitable for this, next time you're in town have a wander down, save the odd jakey it will be empty, it will also be void of any sunlight and cold and dank.

If ours was street level we could hold events like Christmas markets and ice skating, instead we have nothing.

Remember as well that the choice of what to do went to a democratic referendum, the CGP won, politics should never have came into it after that.

Huge difference is Princes street gardens are accessible to all and an inviting place to visit, over Christmas they have a huge market there that tourists come from all over to visit, our hole in the ground just isn't suitable for this, next time you're in town have a wander down, save the odd jakey it will be empty, it will also be void of any sunlight and cold and dank.

If ours was street level we could hold events like Christmas markets and ice skating, instead we have nothing.

Remember as well that the choice of what to do went to a democratic referendum, the CGP won, politics should never have came into it after that.

And with a little bit of effort there's no reason that UTG couldn't be the same.

Look at what they've managed to do with Duthie Park using nothing but a little bit of sympathetic TLC.

That's all UTG needs.

And with a little bit of effort there's no reason that UTG couldn't be the same.

Look at what they've managed to do with Duthie Park using nothing but a little bit of sympathetic TLC.

That's all UTG needs.

OK, why should the gardens in the centre of the city be unavailable for the elderly and disabled? There is no real access bar 2 old sets of stairs that are dangerous for those not sure of foot and impossible for people in wheelchairs etc to access.

Duthie Park... Might want to look into how that was done and who did the driving before using it as a comparison.

Its not about what UTG needs though its about what the city centre as a whole needs. It needs a complete revamp, a total upgrade and the CGP, whether you liked the design or not was the kick off for it all to happen. The money was there, Wood and the Scottish Government had set all that up, the will was there as the referendum showed. Now we have to go cap in hand to Westminster, they've already said no and the EU who will also say no.

Its all far too late now, nothing will ever happen and we'll be living in a city that will continue to fall to bits until the oil has gone and then it will end up looking like parts of Leeds or Newcastle. Left derelict and untouched just like a lot of hte buildings around the city centre are already. Why would anyone invest in buying one of the Union Street buildings, doing it up and try to attract business back when its just surrounded by shite?

Thats what the main danger was and thats what we'll now be left with. A council dithering about with a begging bowl trying to get money it knows it cant to do projects that will get as far as an artists impression before its canned due to lack of funds.

The final nail has been hammered into the coffin, Aberdeen will be left behind. Companies are already moving to Dundee, a couple of Subsea comps are heading down next year and their is talk of one of the operators moving as well. Why, because its a city on the up and will help attract people from the global work force to work for them. When I left Aberdeen a major part of the reason I ended up in Den Haag was because I liked the feel of the place. It was a sunny day, the centre of Den Haag looked beautiful, a mix of old and new done correctly. If I was a Londoner (for example) and had the choice between a job in Aberdeen or Den Haag (without knowing anything about either) and visited both I know for a fact where I'd choose. That is the danger of leaving this city to plebs like Barney, it will and is going backwards and we'll end up losing some of the companies that keep this city going when they can no longer attract the staff. We lose that, the rest we have goes with it.

OK, why should the gardens in the centre of the city be unavailable for the elderly and disabled? There is no real access bar 2 old sets of stairs that are dangerous for those not sure of foot and impossible for people in wheelchairs etc to access.

Aye, because it's impossible to add a ramp for under £100million.

I'm not gonna bother reading the rest of yer rant.

I dont get it - who murdered a kid?

Mr & Mrs Mc

Aye, because it's impossible to add a ramp for under £100million.

I'm not gonna bother reading the rest of yer rant.

Mr & Mrs Mc

Well, yes it is actually. One that would meet all the H&S reqs these days. Said ramp would take the whole grass verge to reach the first level. Wouldnt cost 100m but there wouldnt be any of this oh so precious grass people were clambering over themselves to protect.

Wasnt a rant at all. Nothing in it directed at you or OTT, just my thoughts.