Fucks Sake Langfield

Tup,

If Scott leitch was exempt from "the new season, clean start" argument due to him being a prick, that is fair enough.

But wanting to join Rangers, surely automatically makes you a prick, so therefore Langfield should not be allowed the same courtesy from other people of being allowed a clean start this season, because he is a hun prick ??

I've no doubt Langfield is a prick.

I'm also under no illusions about his abilities as a goalkeeper.

All I'm saying is a little support can go a long way, the poor bugger has been through the mill recently, came back from it, and then gets crucified for his first mistake after his comeback.

• Site Sponsor

We'll see RTYD.

Your plan for the club to 'admit a mistake' and transfer list him is ludicrous.

I'm amazed you have a workforce willing to staff your office such are your exacting standards.

One strike and you're out, harsh.

The statement of the century thus far. Tup is saying that Langfield has made one mistake in his AFC career, or he is too thick to realise that all of us wanting him out base our argument on his entire AFC career. If it were down to us, Saturday's abomination would not have ocurred as he would be on the dole queue.

• Site Sponsor

All I'm saying is a little support can go a long way, the poor bugger has been through the mill recently, came back from it, and then gets crucified for his first mistake after his comeback.

Oh dear. So he should be playing as a sympathy matter.

Its not the one mistake he is being crucified for though is it, its his catalogue of errors over the years that have led us to this position, where the majority of fans think he is shite.

I agree support is what he needs, if he is going to be playing on Saturday I hope he recieves a good welcome, let him know the fans are behind him fully and anyone who goes to the game and gives him abuse from the start, or are just waiting for the first dropped cross to give him pelters, then they are clearly not supporting the team, but this does not change the fact he is clearly not good enough, that not his fault, its the managers.

But this a discussion message board so people will abuse the players when deserved, they will all have a different attitude at the game itself, as I doubt anyone deliberetly goes to a game with the mindset of wanting to abuse any players before the game has even started, and if they did they can fuck off and support someone else as far as I concerned.

• Site Sponsor

You wouldn't understand the concept "of going to games" on the grounds you are a part time cunt/full time nonce.

You know fuck all about football, rendering your abuse meaningless :swear:

Nice try though :fishing:

Kev, does he not attend games?

Keyboard warrior eh?

Because someone within the club told me, which is good enough for me, and holds far more substance than you to be honest.

And it was you that brought up the subject of assistant managers FFS! :laughing:

No it doesn't.

If it was universal, then surely McGhee hated him also?

I have a much better source than you.

• Site Sponsor

Tup's point re clean slates for the start of a new season is one that I can understand. Indeed I referred to it earlier on the thread.

Much as I was trying to be positive on Saturday, I was blocking out my true feelings towards Langfield.

When he made his first save, gathering a low ball with his left hand - bread and butter really for any competent keeper - I was like "good man".

Then he blocked a well hit shot - which was impossible for any professional to let in - I was also using this for solace and encouragement.

In the second half, another good strike was easily palmed away but by now, I was getting nervous about him. These were not convincing saves.

In a match where we were looking totally comfortable - cos Celtic are shit - it took an absolute howler to settle it.

When that goal went in, all my true feelings poured out.

The language that my son and I employed turned the air worse than blue, and there's nothing worse than blue.

Langfield didn't deserve the clean slate that I was trying to give him. His previous is too long and he is too consistent in his shiteness.

It is utter management incompetence that he was even in goals on Saturday and he should never play for us ever again.

The Turd could not be polished. Stupid, stupid, stupid decision to keep him on.

Think everything's been said that can be said on this topic...

All summer there has been speculation regarding who'd be our number one. All summer the vast majority of supporters have been appealing to Craig Brown not to install Langfield as number one. Every dons supporter is aware he's a disaster waiting happen. I even remember Stoney warning us all that he'd probably blow up again Celtic if he got the chance... I didn't think he'd drop a clanger that early, but it was always just a matter of time. Personally speaking, I thought our next visit to Tannadice would be the scene of the crime.

It was like the ultimate slap in the face when that tame shot trundled under his hands. The reason it made me, and others, so angry is that it was completely avoidable. Langfield should not have been put in that position. We all know he's shite and he's certainly done nothing to suggest he deserves the jersey since returning from his illness. Just don't play him and we won't have to endure any more of this pish. I don't personally think Jason Brown is the answer, but he's a far better option than Clangers is right now.

• Upvote 2

You are blaming him solely for the defeat.

Which means you're making him the scapegoat.

Which is unfair.

He lost us a point, to put things into some perspective. He won't be the only goalkeeper in Scotland who cost his team a point or two at the weekend.

But he's the only one in Scotland facing savage criticism for his error.

Tup I agree.