Fucks Sake Langfield

Yes but these are what if's.

We have to work with what we've got and we have to support the players through things like this.

By putting into perspective the fact that it's one mistake.

It's not multiple mistakes. If he starts making mistakes every game by all means hang him out to dry.

Until then he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Confirmed. Wind up.

A: Yes but these are what if's.

We have to work with what we've got and we have to support the players through things like this.

By putting into perspective the fact that it's one mistake.

B: It's not multiple mistakes. If he starts making mistakes every game by all means hang him out to dry.

Until then he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

A: No it's not. He fucked up, and has done on many occasions. Not if he has fucked up and if he fucked up against the unwashed.

B: :dontknow: :confused: :sleeping::banghead:

It's clear I'm wasting my time here.

We need a scapegoat.

Step forward Jamie Langfield.

In my opinion every player deserves a clean slate at the start of every season, and I'll judge them on their performances thereafter. What's happened in the past should have no bearing.

But it's clear some of you bear a grudge over past misdemeanours. Your prerogative. I'm sure it inspires the players to know they have to start with one hand tied behind their back, with fans waiting to pounce on their every mistake.

I'm certainly not on a wind-up that's for fucking certain.

We need a scapegoat.

In my opinion every player deserves a clean slate at the start of every season, and I'll judge them on their performances thereafter. What's happened in the past should have no bearing.

But it's clear some of you bear a grudge over past misdemeanours. Your prerogative. I'm sure it inspires the players to know they have to start with one hand tied behind their back, with fans waiting to pounce on their every mistake.

Celtic_v_Aberdeen_1561761a.jpg

If they've tied their own hand behind their back then they deserve it.

What are you expecting?

Me to jump down his throat too?

Hysteria? Demand he's transfer listed.

A great advert for our club's future prospects, make one mistake and you're transfer listed, as well as roundly abused over a private medical matter.

Fantastic togetherness.

We need a scapegoat.

Do we? Do we need a scapegoat? And why would that be? Why do we need one? Or is that just some happy clappy bullshit when shite players are called for what they are, shite? Youll here the old "back the team, blah blah blah" from someone soon. The team get perfectly good backing, but when someone literally throws the ball in the net, and has done numerous times every season he has been here, it's clear he's not up to it.

I'll judge a player over his time with AFC. Langfield, is and always has been shit. He doesn't pick himself and give himself new deals though, perhaps the manager is responsible for putting such an incompetent player in that position?

Here's the new Jamie Langfield, same as the old one.....

What are you expecting?

Me to jump down his throat too?

Hysteria? Demand he's transfer listed.

A great advert for our club's future prospects, make one mistake and you're transfer listed, as well as roundly abused over a private medical matter.

Fantastic togetherness.

You seem to be ignoring the facts. He's called Clangers for fucks sake. :laughing:

This is like arguing with a hun. Complete avoidance of facts!

We lost 1-0, with one mistake.

We should just move on from it.

If Langfield keeps making mistakes every week, I'll be the first to acknowledge that his time is up and he should move on.

Apart from the mistake however, he played well.

Therefore he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We lost 1-0, with one mistake.

We should just move on from it.

If Langfield keeps making mistakes every week, I'll be the first to acknowledge that his time is up and he should move on.

Apart from the mistake however, he played well.

Therefore he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He played well? Apart from throwing the ball in the net? Lets just forget about the single most important of the game, and say he played well?

He deserves fuck all.

How many times do I have to say it to you?

I'm talking about this fucking season.

Comprendez?

Yea we know. You're judging him on 1 game. Bizarrely.

We're judging him on 150 odd games he's played for us plus Saturday and telling you you're speaking pish.

For a change.

You are blaming him solely for the defeat.

Which means you're making him the scapegoat.

Which is unfair.

He lost us a point, to put things into some perspective. He won't be the only goalkeeper in Scotland who cost his team a point or two at the weekend.

But he's the only one in Scotland facing savage criticism for his error.

You are blaming him solely for the defeat.

Which means you're making him the scapegoat.

Which is unfair.

He lost us a point, to put things into some perspective. He won't be the only goalkeeper in Scotland who cost his team a point or two at the weekend.

But he's the only one in Scotland facing savage criticism for his error.

He lost us a point? Finally we can agree on something.

That means you are saying he cost us the defeat too?

So we're agreeing here.

Does that mean you're making him a scapegoat too then?

I don't care about other teams goalies, I care about our one, and he' not up to the job.

I don't trawl other teams forums so don't know opinions on their goalies. I've heard Hibs have a shite one though. Could be wrong but they usually do.

He lost us a point? Finally we can agree on something.

That means you are saying he cost us the defeat too?

So we're agreeing here.

Does that mean you're making him a scapegoat too then?

No, I'm not making him the scapegoat. I'm saying his error cost us a point.

I'm also saying that some criticism for that error is inevitable, and justified.

Everyone I'm sure can agree on that.

What I'm not agreeing on is folk saying he should never play for the club again and that he only got a contract because he was ill etc etc.

What a load of shite. He'll play on Saturday so we should just support him and that's the end of it.

Doing anything else will just make him more even more nervous which is hardly helpful.

No, I'm not making him the scapegoat. I'm saying his error cost us a point.

I'm also saying that some criticism for that error is inevitable, and justified.

Everyone I'm sure can agree on that.

What I'm not agreeing on is folk saying he should never play for the club again and that he only got a contract because he was ill etc etc.

What a load of shite. He'll play on Saturday so we should just support him and that's the end of it.

Doing anything else will just make him more even more nervous which is hardly helpful.

Maybe Langfield should man the fuck up. Is he a complete fanny or something? He's nae exactly a youngster. Nervous? FFS. Do we have a man or a fucking 12 year old in goals?

• Upvote 2

Maybe Langfield should man the fuck up. Is he a complete fanny or something? He's nae exactly a youngster. Nervous? FFS. Do we have a man or a fucking 12 year old in goals?

You're not exactly a youngster either, but yet you're crucifying the keeper after the first game of the season, for one error, which was admittedly a bad one.

Maybe you need to take some of your own advice and man the fuck up.

You're not exactly a youngster either, but yet you're crucifying the keeper after the first game of the season, for one error, which was admittedly a bad one.

Maybe you need to take some of your own advice and man the fuck up.

You're waffling nonsense now tup. Give up.

I actually see where Tup is coming from.

Personally, I find it difficult to forget about his many, many past mistakes however as a Support, we do need to man up and get over Saturday.

It was a horrible, horrible error in a game we were never going to lose but hey ho, thems the breaks.

Lets forget about the sellick game and give the lads the backing they need this weekend :scarf:

• Upvote 1

it's a big burden broon puts on clangers, since his whole gameplan seems to be not conceding. a keeper that's a wobbly jellyfish in goals with a nickname clangers, instead of "the rock" or "the wall" isn't really the best idea.

I'd agree with this...It seems if you're the wrong side of 30 and have ever been involved in the Scotland set up you're guaranteed a start.

Broon needs to stop living in the past and think of the club...not just seeing out his contract...He's always referred to as a safe pair of hands...maybe Broon (old) as a pose to Broon (fat) is the answer to the goalkeeping problem...I'm sure even he could have kept a clean sheet on Sat.

Two parried (soft) shots...didn't come for one cross