Kilimanjaro Climb

buzz15afc

Listen, if you have ethical issues with the Gift Aid when you make your donation, remember this...

The world ain't free, neither this site nor any other. It's the banks who are the bastards in all this. I'm in the process of setting up a merchant account on my business bank account which allows online subscriptions from debit and credit cards. Do you know how much the banks take? They take a percentage of EVERY transaction. There's no way round it, although threatening to take the bank account elsewhere miraculously gets them to drop their

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have misinterpreted Just Giving's modus operandi, boofon and mistook the maths.

Not to worry, we don't want to be arguing about this on here. I would encourage you to rectify your mistake by reading more about them however.

Unless I'm mistaken, which you can advise me of privately, but you won't need to.

100% of every donation we make goes to Alzheimers Scotland. That's all that matters to my mind.

No I haven't.

£7.90 out of every £1000

EDIT: From that link it claims that a card process costs 1.45%. A considerable amount less that the 5% Just Giving take.

Anyway this isn't the thread for pissing and moaning. It's about raising money.

Alzheimer Scotland are now better off due to a direct payment to them from me. Just Giving have made no money from that transaction.

That keeps me happy. It keeps Alzheimer Scotland happy. Just Giving I'm sure don't give a shit as they're creaming it in already.

As we were.

Anyway this isn't the thread for pissing and moaning. It's about raising money.

Alzheimer Scotland are now better off due to a direct payment to them from me. Just Giving have made no money from that transaction.

That keeps me happy. It keeps Alzheimer Scotland happy. Just Giving I'm sure don't give a shit as they're creaming it in already.

As we were.

Well done. Seriously.

But.

You've done nothing for Buzz which is the whole point of this exercise. :laughing:

Just noticed the request for donations has also been posted on the Mad off topic forum, very poor response from them so far, does this mean we're a more benevolent bunch over here? :sherlock:

Miserable bastards.

Yes.

I just noticed I get a mention on the board over there, and it's not been deleted.

My thanks to Phoenix for his kind words.

EdgarPrais is still burning because I correctly challenged him over his gambling addiction and told him to seek help.

If only 'Tup's Corner' was in operation at the time.

Yes.

I just noticed I get a mention on the board over there, and it's not been deleted.

My thanks to Phoenix for his kind words.

EdgarPrais is still burning because I correctly challenged him over his gambling addiction and told him to seek help.

If only 'Tup's Corner' was in operation at the time.

Which thread are you mentioned on?

I've just read the Stav22 moving to Aberdeen thread, starts out full of hope as he looks forward to starting a new life in Aberdeen, ends with him sneaking back to glasgow after 3 days because the landlady wouldn't give him a contract! :laughing: does he post here?

Which thread are you mentioned on?

I've just read the Stav22 moving to Aberdeen thread, starts out full of hope as he looks forward to starting a new life in Aberdeen, ends with him sneaking back to glasgow after 3 days because the landlady wouldn't give him a contract! :laughing: does he post here?

The 'first poster on Aberdeen Mad' one. All good.

Apart fae Jannie Versace, who has the temerity to give me some abuse and hopes fervently never to meet me. He's a bit like the briPod of Aberdeen Mad.

Also, Edgar Prais calls me an 'idiot'!

Jealousy gets you nowhere in life.

I dinna ken about Stav22.

Just noticed the request for donations has also been posted on the Mad off topic forum, very poor response from them so far, does this mean we're a more benevolent bunch over here? :sherlock:

Miserable bastards.

yeah i posted it on there yesterday.. also saying how brilliant you guys on here have been, just to see if i could get some competition between the boards.... THE HAT will always be the best :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Upvote 1