Jason Brown

nobody said that.

you do understand that it may not have been the same people who slated Jimmy for bringing in soutar that wanted langfield oot, don't you? you do understand that not everyone on here has the same opinion, don't you?

If it's got anything remotely to do with football there's a fair chance Frunkie winna understand.

• Upvote 3

I think, largely, I agree with those saying that Rogers shouldn't be thrown in to first team action if he ain't ready yet, and there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is ready.

He got on to the bench this season when Jason Brown has gone a bit mental and then as soon as Brown gets his head back together, he is straight back on the bench. Someone who it looked like he would never be considered for the squad again. Obviously Brown and co don't think he is ready.

Not only that, he was behind Lukasik in the under 19s, even though they were similar ages. He's now gone, not deemed ready to step up, so would be surprised if his back up is then ready.

Obvious answer is to come to an agreement with Brown that satisfies all parties (ripping up of contract) and looking to get someone in to compete for the number 1 shirt. Unfortunately, I think we will do the first part, but bring in someone Bossu-esque to reduce spending on wages.

It would be foolish in the extreme to put Rodgers in the first team from the start.

I think we all agree in that.

However it's imperative that we see J. Brown out of the door and Langfield following soon after.

I thought Brown did well enough last season when he came in after Gonzo left, but h'e shown himself to be an utter fruitloop and we can do without that frankly.

Langfields been done to death.

Every time the ball comes near him it's a heart stopping moment that he's going to make a fuck up.

He has zero command of his box and his distribution is really, really poor.

2 new keepers sooner rather than later please AFC.

• Upvote 2

It would be foolish in the extreme to put Rodgers in the first team from the start.

I think we all agree in that.

However it's imperative that we see J. Brown out of the door and Langfield following soon after.

I thought Brown did well enough last season when he came in after Gonzo left, but h'e shown himself to be an utter fruitloop and we can do without that frankly.

Langfields been done to death.

Every time the ball comes near him it's a heart stopping moment that he's going to make a fuck up.

He has zero command of his box and his distribution is really, really poor.

2 new keepers sooner rather than later please AFC.

If Rodgers is as good as some say/think then I'd rather we just got rid of Brown & Clangers & replaced them with ONE very good keeper.

Rodgers can be No.2 & we can employ another youngster also.

For the moment though, I'd even have Leighton pulling on his gloves again over fkn Clangers & I'd bet he'd do far better even now than Clangers in his prime (& I really believe that)

If Rodgers is as good as some say/think then I'd rather we just got rid of Brown & Clangers & replaced them with ONE very good keeper.

Rodgers can be No.2 & we can employ another youngster also.

For the moment though, I'd even have Leighton pulling on his gloves again over fkn Clangers & I'd bet he'd do far better even now than Clangers in his prime (& I really believe that)

Has anyone that's seen Rodgers play actually said he's good? Someone alleged he'd turned down Stoke to come to us and that was it?

I'm not saying he won't be good, people develop at different speeds and it's a hard position to judge, I just don' think he looks ready at all, although reading his interview he clearly thinks he is

He's still an AFC player so I'd imagine he is obliged to turn up for training etc...He's been poorly treated by the club and it is probably only professional pride that is stopping him from telling the real story behind his inexplicable fall from grace.

wasnt he staopped by the police for driving whilst banned or something like that?

Has anyone that's seen Rodgers play actually said he's good? Someone alleged he'd turned down Stoke to come to us and that was it?

I'm not saying he won't be good, people develop at different speeds and it's a hard position to judge, I just don' think he looks ready at all, although reading his interview he clearly thinks he is

Surely to fuck he's ready to be No.2 by now, otherwise why the fk is he even playing for U19s.

Clangers is not ready for No.1 but seems to somehow blag his way through it. :dontknow:

Surely to fuck he's ready to be No.2 by now, otherwise why the fk is he even playing for U19s.

Clangers is not ready for No.1 but seems to somehow blag his way through it. :dontknow:

Because he's only about 18 and still developing as a goalkeeper? He'd have to be a fantastic prospect for me to consider throwing him into a game for us without having some previous senior football experience from a loan deal. If someone who's actually seen the boy play can tell em that he's good enough then toppa, if not then it's too big a risk. Langfield's shite, but he's not that shite.

Because he's only about 18 and still developing as a goalkeeper? He'd have to be a fantastic prospect for me to consider throwing him into a game for us without having some previous senior football experience from a loan deal. If someone who's actually seen the boy play can tell em that he's good enough then toppa, if not then it's too big a risk. Langfield's shite, but he's not that shite.

Yes he is...Langfield is the difference between 4/5th finish and challenging for the title...He's always a moment away from making a catastrophic error...no no no...a new keeper should be a given.

Even without seeing him I'd say he's good enough to have as No.2 & I'd be happier with him as No.2 than Clangers. I want Clangers & Brown GONE I want a real No.1 in & not just a replacement No.2 for Brown cos that just makes Clangers even more safe in his deluded mind that he's good enough to be Aberdeens No.1.

& YES Clangers IS that SHITE! he is one of the worst No.1's in the SPL. There's not many at other SPL clubs that I'd not want ahead of him in goal for us.

Even without seeing him I'd say he's good enough to have as No.2 & I'd be happier with him as No.2 than Clangers. I want Clangers & Brown GONE I want a real No.1 in & not just a replacement No.2 for Brown cos that just makes Clangers even more safe in his deluded mind that he's good enough to be Aberdeens No.1.

& YES Clangers IS that SHITE! he is one of the worst No.1's in the SPL. There's not many at other SPL clubs that I'd not want ahead of him in goal for us.

This post looks drink fuelled F&D but I'd have to agree with the sentiment...Fatty Broon...I still think his fall from grace has racist overtones... is finished at the Club...Clangers is obviously rated by Broon or why else the 2 year deal...sympathy for his condition (minky weegie filthness)?...Broons made a complete idiot of himself (not for the first time) regarding his obvious feeling sorry for the wretched Langfield...It's a sorry state of affairs and no mistake...My contempt for Broon (old) will be doubled if he fails to secure an SPL Standard keeper in Jan.

• Downvote 2

Yes he is...Langfield is the difference between 4/5th finish and challenging for the title...He's always a moment away from making a catastrophic error...no no no...a new keeper should be a given.

A new goalkeeper should be a given, but where will you get one that doesn't have a club and doesn't want paid?

Different story if Brown goes in January, but otherwise I'll trust the managerial team as to whether an untried youngster is ready to be thrown in at the thick end- particularly as it could wreck his career if he's not.

In the meantime, I think it best to support the team on the park, even if some of them are of debatable quality.

A new goalkeeper should be a given, but where will you get one that doesn't have a club and doesn't want paid?

Different story if Brown goes in January, but otherwise I'll trust the managerial team as to whether an untried youngster is ready to be thrown in at the thick end- particularly as it could wreck his career if he's not.

In the meantime, I think it best to support the team on the park, even if some of them are of debatable quality.

Why would it wreck his career?

There is a difference between supporting the team on the park (which we all do) & wanting the shite replaced with better.

It's great that these players we want replaced are now in the minority compared with the past lists of players we all argued about but there still remains players such as Clangers & Clark that must be replaced & Brown is the main reason for them being given deals, so Brown is 100% to blame for this. He gets credit for everything else he's done regarding signings, so equally he deserves the stick for the shite & hopefully he sees the error of his ways & rectifies it asap

I didn't say Langfield was a good enough number one. I said he isn't so shite that we should be replacing him with an untried youth keeper.

Langfield isn't good enough, everyone bar MT knows it. Average shot stopper, shite with crosses and kicking. He needs replaced in January but until then we're stuck with him.

I didn't say Langfield was a good enough number one. I said he isn't so shite that we should be replacing him with an untried youth keeper.

Langfield isn't good enough, everyone bar MT knows it. Average shot stopper, shite with crosses and kicking. He needs replaced in January but until then we're stuck with him.

Bang on

This post looks drink fuelled F&D but I'd have to agree with the sentiment...Fatty Broon...I still think his fall from grace has racist overtones... is finished at the Club...Clangers is obviously rated by Broon or why else the 2 year deal...sympathy for his condition (minky weegie filthness)?...Broons made a complete idiot of himself (not for the first time) regarding his obvious feeling sorry for the wretched Langfield...It's a sorry state of affairs and no mistake...My contempt for Broon (old) will be doubled if he fails to secure an SPL Standard keeper in Jan.

Aye that's the reason Isaac Osbourne isn't in the team at the moment too apparently, nothing to do with his injury.

Fucking idiot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

& I'm guilty of none of the above :dontknow:

But I will say Clangers & Clark are shite excuses for footballers.

Just to be clear, I wasn't accusing you specifically of anything. Just making a general point that applies to numerous posters on here and elsewhere.

I can never muster the energy to care who does and doesn't.

Just because a post is replied to does not imply an accusation, although it often appears to be taken that way.

And yes, they are both shite.