Sevco Thread

10 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Debate just before 3pm kick offs on Radio Scotland where everyone, bar Stuart Cosgrove, were agreeing that Rangers and Celtic being in the champions League was a good thing for Scotland. Even god was agreeing unfortunately ☹️

Of course it helps that the majority of pundits on air at the time were either ex Celtic or Rangers players so no shock there to be honest.

It was fucking disgusting. Classics including

Someone suggested that it was up to the other clubs to bridge the gap by spending the solidarity payment wisely. 

Neil Mcann suggesting that because other leagues in Europe aren't competitive either, that somehow makes the situation in Scotland ok. 

Tom English saying that the financial gap isnt ever going to be bridged so the extra money doesn't matter and we should all just look at the old firm with adoration. 

Talking about the other clubs looking at Hearts and "aspiring" to third. 

I think there is a wee bit of bias, but all in all the issue is that these guys are in an echo chamber and haven't given the issue any serious thought. They get confused that people don't think the old firm doing well is a good thing and retreat back into the tired old arguments without allowing their brains to venture further. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Parklife said:

No one that isn't a parochial wee fud agrees with you. 

2 great cities and backwards Aberdeen. 

Fuck off with that. 

Aberdeen can improve but it's just a myth that it's a backwards place. 

A heralded city like Glasgow is still divided by nonsense sectarianism. 

I know folk who have maybe set foot in Aberdeen like twice if at all and they always say the same shit like "Aberdonians are miserable" and the city is "shitty and grey."

You can say that about anywhere ?

I also think a huge part of following our club is loving the city for what it is. I think it needs a lot of work and help but it's bizarre to be from Falkirk, follow Aberdeen and then slag off the city and its inhabitants. 

You get parochial people everywhere, that's how it is. Plenty weegies don't think a world exists outside of Glasgow. 

Chill with the Abz bashing bro.

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc
7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I also think a huge part of following our club is loving the city for what it is. I think it needs a lot of work and help

Nae half. I seen the city centre in sober daylight last week for the first time in yonks. What a depressing hell-scape. Aberdeen needs better leaders.

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Fuck off with that. 

I know folk who have maybe set foot in Aberdeen like twice if at all and they always say the same shit like "Aberdonians are miserable" and the city is "shitty and grey."

I also think a huge part of following our club is loving the city for what it is. I think it needs a lot of work and help but it's bizarre to be from Falkirk, follow Aberdeen and then slag off the city and its inhabitants. 

You get parochial people everywhere, that's how it is. Plenty weegies don't think a world exists outside of Glasgow. 

It’s almost as if he’s a clueless “dimwit”

12 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Nae half. I seen the city centre in sober daylight last week for the first time in yonks. What a depressing hell-scape. Aberdeen needs better leaders.

It does. 

She was beautiful in that late summer sun yesterday, though. Utterly beautiful.

17 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It’s really not. 

Of course it is ?

Thousands of gypes turn up on the terraces every week and sing stupid wee songs about occupied Ireland. 

That's the crux of the Rangers and Celtic rivalry, it's pure sectarianism. This fact is conveniently ignored by the SMSM. 

Obviously the divide isn't as bad as it was but kidding on it doesn't exist- come away 

Guest milne_afc
14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I do find their money chat tiresome.

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Weegies like a bit of money chat too, the eens that go offshore anyway. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

which is laughable when you consider the economy up here and the fact many folk travel globally for work, can probably afford a few more holidays a year or whatever. 

?

15 minutes ago, NEM said:

It’s almost as if he’s a clueless “dimwit”

It's just a really trite, cliche thing to throw at folk from the North East. 

We're often viewed as rednecks or something, which is laughable when you consider the economy up here and the fact many folk travel globally for work, can probably afford a few more holidays a year or whatever. 

It's bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Aye I'm probably being unfair. I've still got relatives up in Aberdeen but I avoid the cunts like the plague because of that. Probably taints my view.

I'd say materialistic money chat is just indicative of a social media culture where you need to show everyone how successful you are otherwise you're not successful. Bear shits in the woods and all that 

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

?

Haha. 

It's a fair point, IMO. Not to say those folk should boast about it, it's just weird to view people of Aberdeen as parochial, when many, due to the wealth, will be better travelled than in other parts of the country. 

Folk who chat and boast about money though, are grim. I'm just describing the differences that would probably counter Parkies claim. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s correct but that’s not a city ‘divided by sectarianism’. Away from the football on a day to day basis ,whether at work or within communities,most Celtic and Sevco fans and fans of other teams all get along just fine. 

It's a bigger problem in Glasgow than in any other Scottish city, then. 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, manboobs109 said:

Aberdonians live a bit holiday chat as well. They never seem to have visited places either, they've always done them.

"We did Vietnam last year"

You’re just making that up

53 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Fuck off with that. 

I like Aberdeen, it's a great place. I just enjoy pointing out to idiots who are trying to slag off Glasgow that, in almost every way, Glasgow is a better place to live than Aberdeen. 

Many Aberdonians have an obsession with Glasgow and try and bash it at every opportunity. Weird behaviour. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

It was fucking disgusting. Classics including

Someone suggested that it was up to the other clubs to bridge the gap by spending the solidarity payment wisely. 

Neil Mcann suggesting that because other leagues in Europe aren't competitive either, that somehow makes the situation in Scotland ok. 

Tom English saying that the financial gap isnt ever going to be bridged so the extra money doesn't matter and we should all just look at the old firm with adoration. 

Talking about the other clubs looking at Hearts and "aspiring" to third. 

I think there is a wee bit of bias, but all in all the issue is that these guys are in an echo chamber and haven't given the issue any serious thought. They get confused that people don't think the old firm doing well is a good thing and retreat back into the tired old arguments without allowing their brains to venture further. 

I didn’t understand his point.  It was something like If Celtic and Rangers didn’t make Europe for ten years still nobody out with them would win the league.

So, in the ten years, Celtic and (disgustingly) particularly Rangers presumably continue to do well in Europe and Aberdeen, Hertz et al (as well as winning the league) continue to be collectively shite in Europe.

Did I get that right?

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I like Aberdeen, it's a great place. I just enjoy pointing out to idiots who are trying to slag off Glasgow that, in almost every way, Glasgow is a better place to live than Aberdeen. 

Many Aberdonians have an obsession with Glasgow and try and bash it at every opportunity. Weird behaviour. 

I think in a way it's understandable. 

All the wealth our nation has is off of our shores, yet our city sees little to no benefit from it whilst yer Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee etc are heavily invested in. 

Partly a local government problem but also people blame the national government. 

I think Glasgow is a great city.

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I think in a way it's understandable. 

All the wealth our nation has is off of our shores, yet our city sees little to no benefit from it whilst yer Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee etc are heavily invested in. 

Partly a local government problem but also people blame the national government. 

I think Glasgow is a great city.

Not sure I agree with that bit in bold tbh. 

Aberdeen has spent the past 4 decades being one of the wealthiest, most thriving cities in the UK. 

The last 20 years should've seen heavy investment in a transition from fossil fuels to renewables though, which would've enabled Aberdeen's well paid and highly skilled workforce to transition and the city continue to thrive. The failure to do that is a failure on Aberdeen (and all of Scotland TBH). 

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I didn’t understand his point.  It was something like If Celtic and Rangers didn’t make Europe for ten years still nobody out with them would win the league.

So, in the ten years, Celtic and (disgustingly) particularly Rangers presumably continue to do well in Europe and Aberdeen, Hertz et al (as well as winning the league) continue to be collectively shite in Europe.

Did I get that right?

What's funny about that argument too is it totally discounts the cup competitions. 

If they can build really top tier squads with two really strong XIs with that CL money, the likelihood of one of the other clubs winning a cup diminishes greatly. 

Scottish footballs best period in my lifetime was when the Huns were out the league. It was actually competitive, generally speaking, and you felt like you could win something. 

The reason the media don't see it that way is because everything is viewed through the Glasgow lens. If there's no Old Firm why even bother? They don't have as much to write about without a Celtic or a rangers. They couldn't give a fuck if anyone else wins a thing in Scotland, they can just churn out substandard musings about the two clubs ad infinitum, and get paid to do so. 

The paying fanbases aren't considered in their thoughts on Scottish football. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Aberdeen has spent the past 4 decades being one of the wealthiest, most thriving cities in the UK. 

The last 20 years should've seen heavy investment in a transition from fossil fuels to renewables though, which would've enabled Aberdeen's well paid and highly skilled workforce to transition and the city continue to thrive. The failure to do that is a failure on Aberdeen (and all of Scotland TBH). 

I mean in terms of the city, of course. I wouldn't dispute individuals across the board have seen benefit. 

Im talking in a collective, communal sense. Our city is slowly turning into one of those forgotten industry places you get in the North of England. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Can a thriving city be "backwards"?