Sevco Thread

4 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

I don’t know whether Millertime is constantly on the wind up or is just stupid or maybe a bit of both.

with the mad European tournament money, you could almost equate the SPFL, to a 50 metre dash.

Rangers and Celtic, you can start on the 40 metre line. Hearts, you can start on the 5 five metre line. The rest of you, get back to the zero metres starting line.

‘oh you lot back there, you say that’s not fair, well you’d better try harder next season”- as if that’s going to make one iota of difference as to who is going to win the race. It’s going to be one of those two who start at the 40 metre line, and season after season, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Well, with that attitude, yeah, it is

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Dunno, not being defeatist?

A loser?

Ok, let’s all be winners. Will that change the fact that the gruesome twosome will get £40m each. Herts will get £5m. The rest will get nothing. 
roght, let’s be winners. Do you foresee the result changing, ie the gruesome twosome finishing 1st and 2nd and getting a further £40m or so.

A liecester Cinderella story is unlikely in spfl.  Basically u have 2 english premier clubs, 2-3 championship clubs and rest are more like league 1 and 2 in quality.  Hence the league cups are the best chances but as a canadian i find the domestic cup concept bizarre and why do you need 2. I know i am going to get hate for this observation.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Really?

You tnink their budget was "up there" with dortmunds,  for example?

Or PSVs?

Their budget is up there with plenty of sides that have reached the Europa league final. Obviously not all but they work on a budget that is expected to be reaching the lesser European finals on occasion. Not great surprise to see a side with their budget reaching latter stages in europa or conference final

you said they had no right to reach the final but their budget gives them plenty ‘right’ opportunity to do so really 

1 hour ago, Itsagoal said:

Ok, let’s all be winners. Will that change the fact that the gruesome twosome will get £40m each. Herts will get £5m. The rest will get nothing. 
roght, let’s be winners. Do you foresee the result changing, ie the gruesome twosome finishing 1st and 2nd and getting a further £40m or so.

I'm not explaining it to you 

1 hour ago, Donscanada said:

A liecester Cinderella story is unlikely in spfl.  Basically u have 2 english premier clubs, 2-3 championship clubs and rest are more like league 1 and 2 in quality.  Hence the league cups are the best chances but as a canadian i find the domestic cup concept bizarre and why do you need 2. I know i am going to get hate for this observation.

What about Leicester though? Proof it can be done

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Their budget is up there with plenty of sides that have reached the Europa league final. Obviously not all but they work on a budget that is expected to be reaching the lesser European finals on occasion. Not great surprise to see a side with their budget reaching latter stages in europa or conference final

you said they had no right to reach the final but their budget gives them plenty ‘right’ opportunity to do so really 

Again, no, it doesn't

Their budget is not anywhere near dortmund or psvs

Guest milne_afc
9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jesus suffering fuck.

It’s 100% simple. 

ANY Dons fan who posts anything that is supportive of the hun scum deserves to have their face battered unrecognisable & irretrievable.

FUCK THE HUN SCUM. 

It’s something that “WE ALL AGREE” on.  

If not FUCK OFF

What a state to get into

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

Ask yourself thar question

The season they won the league,  they were 15th in the list of 22 for wage bills and their squad cost £23m

Man Citys cost 650m

Their wage bill was something like 230 million, and liverpools was something like 350 million.

That’s about two thirds. 

Celtic's last year was 50million and the Huns just under 

Aberdeen were next on 9. That’s 5 and a half times more. 

Wage bills are proven to be main factor of success in general. 

9 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Their wage bill was something like 230 million, and liverpools was something like 350 million.

That’s about two thirds. 

Celtic's last year was 50million and the Huns just under 

Aberdeen were next on 9. That’s 5 and a half times more. 

Wage bills are proven to be main factor of success in general. 

A key difference between the EPL and the SPFL that allows a Leicester situation is they have a competitive league and we simply don't.

But then it's MT's failure to accept that fundamental difference that means he can't see the irrelevance of the Leicester comparisons.

25 minutes ago, Helmet said:

A key difference between the EPL and the SPFL that allows a Leicester situation is they have a competitive league and we simply don't.

But then it's MT's failure to accept that fundamental difference that means he can't see the irrelevance of the Leicester comparisons.

Another difference with England , is that glory-hunters seems to have far less of an adverse effect than up here.

Whilst there are undoubtedly thousands of glory-hunting “fans” of Man Yoo and the other glamour clubs from all over England , I get the impression that English clubs’ fanbase have a far greater proportion of their local community than anywhere in Scotland.

• Upvote 3
16 hours ago, Millertime said:

Again, no, it doesn't

Their budget is not anywhere near dortmund or psvs

I didn’t say they had as big a budget as all the clubs though. 
I said they had as big a budget as plenty other clubs that have reached the latter stages/final. They aren’t minnows in budget terms 

32 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I didn’t say they had as big a budget as all the clubs though. 
I said they had as big a budget as plenty other clubs that have reached the latter stages/final. They aren’t minnows in budget terms 

Tell me which teams who got to the final in the last 5 years have the same budget as them

47 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Tell me which teams who got to the final in the last 5 years have the same budget as them

Why 5 years? Why not go back to when they last reached a final, or when celtic did?

They are easily in the same budget brackets as many teams that they competed with.

Porto, Braga, Benfica, athletic Bilbao, Seville, Villareal, Zenit, Espanyol, Shakter, Dnipro, Marselle,