Sevco Thread

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

They’ll easy beat Ajax and Napoli at home 

liverpool aren’t the same beast now either (thankfully)

Won’t be watching any of it anyway. Hope they get some serious violence in Italy - women and children attacked. Lovely 

Are you not meant be in Australia with another of your “friends” from the internet?

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We can but hope… they ‘should’ finish bottom of that group but you never know with that jammy cunts.

Maybe but likes of Napoli are no where near as good as they were. Italian league is pretty crap nowadays, it’s a bit of a farce they get 4 spots to be honest. 

13 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Its hardly bed wetting... last season they played 19 European games and still finished 28 points ahead of 3rd place in the league and 48 points ahead of us. If you think thats suddenly going to change this season then you're deluded. Yes we can maybe show them they've been in a game but in the grand scheme of things its going to make fuck all difference.

Same old same old isn't it, they're not Real Madrid. Thing is in Scotland they and the other half are pretty much the equivalent. I think they always know they're in a game no matter who they play, but that doesn't change anything.

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I think they'll win 2 of their home games from that lot. Ajax will be one of their home wins

And possibly draw one away

I think they're actually better in Europe than domestically. In Scotland they typically face a parked bus and sometimes struggle to break it down. While in Europe it's far more open and that appears to suit them. And incidentally the parked bus strategy is fair enough as far as i'm concerned.

It can work, the "have a go" thing is naïve and looking for a humiliating hiding which is why no one really does it. 

9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Maybe but likes of Napoli are no where near as good as they were. Italian league is pretty crap nowadays, it’s a bit of a farce they get 4 spots to be honest. 

The 'Champions' League in general is a farce. It wont be long until certain 'big' clubs are guaranteed entry no matter where they finish in their leagues. Its all about the money and the rich get richer.

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but i'd love nothing more than them to lose all 6 games.

20 hours ago, Helmet said:

The clubs need to invite independent scrutiny on thier league, the whole thing structure, governance, commercial activities,  personnel, nothing off the table, 

This review needs to be carried out promptly and results made public, along with progress reports,

Fans and stakeholders should be allowed to input and have a say in the actions following the review, 

This won't happen so the status quo will go on and on and on etc.

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Sadly us getting further away from them has been our own doing the last few seasons. We just need to concentrate on ourselves instead of greeting about them doing well in europe. Finishing 3rd for a few seasons will bring in a hell of a lot more money if we can get there. Then we can win the treble 

No reason that the clubs can't question the utter lack of competition over the long term in our national sport to drive an agenda for change as well as taking care of business properly day to day.

19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

This is such a boring thing to say

How do you think Motherwell fans feel about us getting 4.5m for ramsay?

So you are excited by the current state of football then? 

You think that all teams having less money and being on a more level playing field, with more teams from more countries in with a chance of winning big European games, like the 70s and 80s before money went mad is boring? 

You are excited by players earning 400k a week and competitions being played out between Oligarchs, Big Business and in some cases countries themselves?

OK then, we disagree 

3 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

So you are excited by the current state of football then? 

You think that all teams having less money and being on a more level playing field, with more teams from more countries in with a chance of winning big European games, like the 70s and 80s before money went mad is boring? 

You are excited by players earning 400k a week and competitions being played out between Oligarchs, Big Business and in some cases countries themselves?

OK then, we disagree 

All teams don't have less money

Hearts are going to get c£3m more this season than they got last season ( c5 months of their wagebill)

Know why they're getting that?

They done well last season

See how that works?

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

All teams don't have less money

Hearts are going to get c£3m more this season than they got last season ( c5 months of their wagebill)

Know why they're getting that?

They done well last season

See how that works?

I didn't say any teams have less money now, I suggested that football was a better compensation when all trams had less money. 

All teams do have more money, but the gaps between the rich and the rest have grown too big, so the smaller teams are comparatively poorer than they have ever been. This disparity is bad for competition. 

The money Hearts are getting from a better performance or we got for selling players is a relative pittance compared to the operating budgets of the Glasgow teams even without their winnings. 

That in turn is nothing to a Man City or a PSG. 

Football in my opinion was better before some teams ended up with stratospheric budgets and became almost untouchable. 

2 hours ago, JojoJuan said:

I didn't say any teams have less money now, I suggested that football was a better compensation when all trams had less money. 

All teams do have more money, but the gaps between the rich and the rest have grown too big, so the smaller teams are comparatively poorer than they have ever been. This disparity is bad for competition. 

The money Hearts are getting from a better performance or we got for selling players is a relative pittance compared to the operating budgets of the Glasgow teams even without their winnings. 

That in turn is nothing to a Man City or a PSG. 

Football in my opinion was better before some teams ended up with stratospheric budgets and became almost untouchable. 

Yeah and dumbartons turnover is nothing to ours 

It's the way it works

If dumbarton do better, they can get to our level 

If we do better,  we can get to the Glasgow 2s level

"Rangers" had no right to get to the Europa final, but they did

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah and dumbartons turnover is nothing to ours 

It's the way it works

If dumbarton do better, they can get to our level 

If we do better,  we can get to the Glasgow 2s level

"Rangers" had no right to get to the Europa final, but they did

They had every right as they are operating on similar budgets to a lot of the teams that get to Europa finals. Maybe they aren’t the biggest budgets but they are certainly up there with many. 
Sevco & Celtic reaching the latter stages/final of Europa cup now & again is no more surprising/unrealistic than smaller Scottish sides reaching domestic finals now and again

I don’t know whether Millertime is constantly on the wind up or is just stupid or maybe a bit of both.

with the mad European tournament money, you could almost equate the SPFL, to a 50 metre dash.

Rangers and Celtic, you can start on the 40 metre line. Hearts, you can start on the 5 five metre line. The rest of you, get back to the zero metres starting line.

‘oh you lot back there, you say that’s not fair, well you’d better try harder next season”- as if that’s going to make one iota of difference as to who is going to win the race. It’s going to be one of those two who start at the 40 metre line, and season after season, repeat, repeat, repeat.

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

They had every right as they are operating on similar budgets to a lot of the teams that get to Europa finals. Maybe they aren’t the biggest budgets but they are certainly up there with many. 
Sevco & Celtic reaching the latter stages/final of Europa cup now & again is no more surprising/unrealistic than smaller Scottish sides reaching domestic finals now and again

Really?

You tnink their budget was "up there" with dortmunds,  for example?

Or PSVs?