Sevco Thread

Might have already been posted, but canna be arsed checking through the last 12 odd pages that have appeared in less than 24 hours on an Aberdeen Football Club forum about another fucking club that apparently were nae obsessed with (honestly), but decent read stating pretty much what last nights result means for the rest of Scottish Football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61413676

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

I was talking about beating Bayern Munich Real Madrid ?

Fair enough, again incredible achievement but comp[etely unrelatable to today. Football is a completely different game these days, which is why nobody will ever do what Aberdeen did in 83 again. Football back in the early 80's wasn't all about money, it is these days, and those with money generally win everything which is why the old firm are miles ahead of everyone else in Scottish football. Its a sad state of affairs.

The desperation of ALL the Scottish clubs chairmen to keep the league small in hope of getting at least 3 or 4 games v each of the arse cheeks for the pittance of extra income generated by ‘added attendance’ when we play them is what is keeping us small time clubs small time. 

Just fkn make the top league 20 teams & see if that improves a few more clubs.

Would love to only play those cunts twice each in the league season.

of course their would be plenty shite meaningless games with bigger league but there would also be a lot more fight/competition for European qualifying positions between the ‘also rans’ like us.

end this play each other 4 fkn times a season & see if it changes things up a bit. End this top 6 split BS too. 

20, 10 & 10 or even just two leagues of 20 

3 relegated teams from top league 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Sevco would find a way of not finishing bottom.......like it or not they have made themselves almost unbeatable at Ibrox and more often than not win those matches. And are fairly adept at not losing away from home, but if they do, not by large margins. 

I think I'm right in saying if they managed to find a way of finishing 3rd in their group, they'd drop down into the last 32 of the EL?

However the £40m they're guaranteed from the CL itself wipes out enough of their debt to ensure they become sustainable for years to come.

Correct

1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

The word great is quite often over used.

This is one of these occasions.

Depends how you're interpreting "great". 

If it was being used in the sense of meaning highly competitive with a fairly large number of reasonably possible winners......I think great would be appropriate.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Fair enough, again incredible achievement but comp[etely unrelatable to today. Football is a completely different game these days, which is why nobody will ever do what Aberdeen did in 83 again. Football back in the early 80's wasn't all about money, it is these days, and those with money generally win everything which is why the old firm are miles ahead of everyone else in Scottish football. Its a sad state of affairs.

Steaua Bucharest beat Barcelona in the 86 European Cup final but your point still stands

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think they'll win 2 of their home games from that lot. Ajax will be one of their home wins

And possibly draw one away

Ajax (as always) will lose their best players & have to rebuild.

Theyd be beatable at the Bastard garden. 

My only hope is that when the hun scum start their Rule Brittania pish in Napoli & Amsterdam, they’ll get battered, stabbed, macheted, decapitated or preferably, all of the above. 

Listening to the great and the good of Scottish Football telling you why Celtic and Rangers in the Champions League is good for Scottish Football is a bit like hearing that the billionaire’s of the world getting richer and richer is a great thing for poor people. 

The gap just gets bigger and bigger.

Fuck them cunts.

• Upvote 3