Sevco Thread

There is no way they will sign these 3 players.

I suspect someone at Rangers will raid their kids inheritance to find the cash for 1 "marque" signing. So maybe someone like Vukic or Allan.

Then they will sit back and pray the fans believe all the other players linked in the press and start buying season tickets up pronto.

They have to do this, if they don't get enough ticket sold they are rooked again.

But the main weapon in selling tickets to bears is to simply get the press to tell them how many fantastic signings will be coming in and then never sign any of them.

This works well because a) they have 95% of all sports journo's pulling in the same direction to get the tickets sold, b) bears are thick as fuck and will lap up the shite as usual.

In fact if you think about it the media are a major part in the "success" of the old Rangers over years.

imagine how many season tickets we'd sell if all the scottish sports press was pulling talking us up and all our signings up constantly all close season? Linking us to every player they can think of including dozens we'd never realistically be able to sign.

So free publicity blitz provided.

Although tbf your average Dons fans is a smarter than your average bear (booboo).

Then there the "news articles" in which the herald and daily record will print the Rangers season ticket prices and ticket office number at the foot of the articles. Do you see them doing this for us? or Dundee Utd? or Celtic? no of course not.

So free advertising provided.

There is no way they will sign these 3 players.

I suspect someone at Rangers will raid their kids inheritance to find the cash for 1 "marque" signing. So maybe someone like Vukic or Allan.

Then they will sit back and pray the fans believe all the other players linked in the press and start buying season tickets up pronto.

They have to do this, if they don't get enough ticket sold they are rooked again.

But the main weapon in selling tickets to bears is to simply get the press to tell them how many fantastic signings will be coming in and then never sign any of them.

This works well because a) they have 95% of all sports journo's pulling in the same direction to get the tickets sold, b) bears are thick as fuck and will lap up the shite as usual.

In fact if you think about it the media are a major part in the "success" of the old Rangers over years.

imagine how many season tickets we'd sell if all the scottish sports press was pulling talking us up and all our signings up constantly all close season? Linking us to every player they can think of including dozens we'd never realistically be able to sign.

So free publicity blitz provided.

Although tbf your average Dons fans is a smarter than your average bear (booboo).

Then there the "news articles" in which the herald and daily record will print the Rangers season ticket prices and ticket office number at the foot of the articles. Do you see them doing this for us? or Dundee Utd? or Celtic? no of course not.

So free advertising provided.

They are called huns.

I thought Ashley's plan was to get the first £5m in season ticket sales ringfenced to ensure the Huns actually pay back his loan? So even that won't help them top up the 'war chest'.

Anyone who thinks they'll be signing anything other than free agents and loans are off their head, which most Huns are of course.

Danny Wilson would be a clever signing for them.

"Sevco sign premiership star" scream the papers.

"Sevco sign boy from the Scottish championship who is so ambitious he would accept another year in the championship" screams the reality.

Warburtons interview must have been class. OK Mark, so we need you to win everything for three years just to break even. Any Questions?

I thought Ashley's plan was to get the first £5m in season ticket sales ringfenced to ensure the Huns actually pay back his loan? So even that won't help them top up the 'war chest'.

Anyone who thinks they'll be signing anything other than free agents and loans are off their head, which most Huns are of course.

I'm sure Ashley has everything covered.

But that's not what the Scottish Sports press will be telling the huns to do their "job" of selling the season tickets. Remember reporting sports news is only a hobby for these guys, 95% of their effort goes into helping their football team get all the best press coverage and free advertising they can give.

Why can Ashley not just appear at the door one day and say "give me my £5m back now"? Do the Huns (or anyone else) really think Ashley is going to accept anything less than the merchandising rights and money has already been agreed on?

It appears to be basic theft to me and would on the surface of it be a criminal offence.

But we all know that where The Rangers are involved, normal rules need never apply.

Ashley's statement last week stated that if they want to hold on to the £5m loan then SD will continue to take 75% of all merchandising as per the loan agreement. If the huns want to return to the 49/51% split then all they have to do is repay the loan. Seems fair. What the orcs now want is to retain the cash loan and renegotiate the terms so that they get a bigger cut of the merchandising. What they can't seem to understand is that they have absolutely no leverage to renegotiate, Ashley knows this and is happy to take the additional revenue through his shops. No crimes are being committed.

Aye but there is certainly a hint of 'we are going to rip this man off' about the hun rhetoric Nelly min.

More than a hint of it. They appear desperate to, but maybe don't want the ensuing fallout.

Yep and Ashley's EGM was it seems part of his plan to take action. Its well noted that the board did not respond to any questions Ashley raised via the EGM Resolutions and this seems to have gone largely ignored.

If Ashley takes legal action now you might think a court will look favourably on the fact he has tried everything he can to encourage them to pay up and the courts are the final resort. Meanwhile when given the chance to officially respond on the record RIFC directors have pretty much snubbed and ignored the legally raised resolutions.

Feels like Ashley is laying the ground work before moving onto the next stage.

Aye good luck with ripping off a self made billionaire.

It seems to escape King and his followers that unlike RRM who are generally all talk and no trousers, Ashley will hold not waste time and money on silly PR exercises but he will speak with his actions and he'll do what he bloody likes, not be bullied into anything by a sycophantic scottish press core.

They can't be any worse than what Ashley is knocking out.

For the first time in over 30 year I never bought our last home top, I refuse to pay the best part of fifty quid for a t-shirt that falls to bits (sponsor) after a couple of washes. shame really weve had some superb tops, Im not a fan of the new skin tight tops most clubs are going with nowadays (less shirt pulling) but weve had some crackers my favs are the eighties tops cr smith, Mcewans lager and the most recent good one was the tennents one (Jelavic final).

Hope we dump puma quick smart!

Where's the problem? Should still last him a good few seasons. :dontknow:

• Upvote 1

They can't be any worse than what Ashley is knocking out.

For the first time in over 30 year I never bought our last home top, I refuse to pay the best part of fifty quid for a t-shirt that falls to bits (sponsor) after a couple of washes. shame really weve had some superb tops, Im not a fan of the new skin tight tops most clubs are going with nowadays (less shirt pulling) but weve had some crackers my favs are the eighties tops cr smith, Mcewans lager and the most recent good one was the tennents one (Jelavic final).

Hope we dump puma quick smart!

Where's the problem? Should still last him a good few seasons. :dontknow:

Its the beans and egg yoke that are holding most of them together until they wash them every 6 seasons (that is if they can peal them off by that time with the usual weight gain

they will be like the rings around the tribes woman's neck)