Sevco Thread

Actually Division 1 and 2 didn't change one penny

Championship did significantly change

Premiership 1st place AND 2nd place dropped about £1million between them (£315k from first £685k from 2nd) 9th 10th 11th and 12th also saw a small increase

Also parachute payments were introduced

so I have checked and you are wrong

Oh and i doubt the prize money will change the voting system will prevent that from happening

Whats your point caller? Up until this change, there was a huge drop between the prize money for 2nd to the prize money for 3rd place. ie 1st and 2nd were awarded disproportionately highly.

Championship increased signficantly - why?

And how will the voting system prevent a change? if all clubs in the Premier league are going to get more money, then all the greedy chairmen will vote for it.

The TV money should be divided equally.

I'm not advocating shared gates. When TV money is spread equally, it lowers the effect of the gate receipt income disparity.

We will be giving the lion's share of the TV money to two clubs.

Because they have the most fans say the broadcasters. Each thing becomes self perpetuating.

I'm otherwords a conspiracy in open sight.

Whats your point caller? Up until this change, there was a huge drop between the prize money for 2nd to the prize money for 3rd place. ie 1st and 2nd were awarded disproportionately highly.

Championship increased signficantly - why?

And how will the voting system prevent a change? if all clubs in the Premier league are going to get more money, then all the greedy chairmen will vote for it.

My point ? you were wrong you said that money down all the divisions was changed - wrong

yes money went to the championship I agree 2 YEARS before you arguement

The biggest teams to gain are NOT Rangers, Rangers have an extra 300k Hibs have GAINED 350k as it looks like St Mirren will. Dundee United have also GAINED 250k

So actually some championship teams might have gained but then so have premiership sides

So where are the premiership teams going to get the extra money from that would make them want to support a change Its only 11-1 if it only affects the premiership alone so cannot include the championship money

Talking pish

Yes it was changed in 2012

Read what was said

Suddenly they wanted a fairer distribution of cash down through all 4 divisions

Wrong it only affected the Premiership and championship

where oh look, it's a new club called The Rangers could be found.

Wrong it didnt change winnings for any clubs in Div1 and 2

So let's not split hairs with diversionary stuff about who benefited most.

When is it diversionary to correct an argument based on Falsehood with the TRUTH??

The clubs that have benefitted the most (due to the introduction of parachute payments are Hibs, Hearts St Mirren and Dundee united who gained an extra 250k in their first season and 100k in their 2nd

Not diversionary a fact

the 11-1 is in place for PREMIERSHIP clubs only discussing PREMIERSHIP business so cannot be easily change the entire financial package for the SPFL as a whole

About the only thing you and RobboJunior have got right was this was introduced in 2012

Oh hang on no it wasnt the SPFL was formed in 2013 so prize money didn't change till then

• Upvote 1

The not changing winnings for Division 1 and 2 argument I'm sure you are aware is rubbish.

To give them heaps more prize money, just as the huns arrived, would have been just a wee bit too blatant don't you think?

What happened was the best scenario the huns making the rules could implement without arousing massive suspicion.

I still don't know what your argument is.

Actually look it up its correct - div 1 and div2 did not change

If you don't know what the argument I suggest you revisit your arguements and check up some actual facts before spouting pish

1. It wasn't changed in 2012 (the SPFL didn't come into existence until 2013)

2. Div1 and Div2 did not change the allocation of prize money

3. The clubs that benefit the most are clubs that are parachuted into the Championship

4. 11-1 voting is only for matters affecting the Premiership - not for changing prize money allocation

The not changing winnings for Division 1 and 2 argument I'm sure you are aware is rubbish.

To give them heaps more prize money, just as the huns arrived, would have been just a wee bit too blatant don't you think?

What happened was the best scenario the huns making the rules could implement without arousing massive suspicion.

So it's a conspiracy in plain sight that is being hidden so it's not suspicious? Or are you just a haver?

"The Northern Bar is long past being a Rangers pub, OF games are a pretty mixed bunch between sheep and them. Unfortunately, Aberdeen is not a great place to watch Rangers games in pubs - having lived there for years I struggled to find any dedicated Rangers bar. Indeed, it was a struggle to find pubs which would show Rangers games in preference to simultaneous EPL games."

:hunbash:

Utter tripe again.

I'm unsure what your arguing about one minute it's corruption when proved wrong you've changed it to bias by the media now your back at corruption.

You're arguing something completely different here, I'm not even making the points you are supposedly countering.

So I'm out.

As I said a few days back you'd do your health a favour by stepping out of this debate

"The Northern Bar is long past being a Rangers pub, OF games are a pretty mixed bunch between sheep and them. Unfortunately, Aberdeen is not a great place to watch Rangers games in pubs - having lived there for years I struggled to find any dedicated Rangers bar. Indeed, it was a struggle to find pubs which would show Rangers games in preference to simultaneous EPL games."

:hunbash:

I'm proud of the fact they struggle to find a "Rangers" bar. Not so proud that dons fans would associate with them watching OF games.

Utter tripe again.

I'm unsure what your arguing about one minute it's corruption when proved wrong you've changed it to bias by the media now your back at corruption.

As I said a few days back you'd do your health a favour by stepping out of this debate

No.

Look back at the timeline of events.

Our game is fixed. Look at the attempts at first to shoehorn the newco into the top league. Then a farcical attempt to put them into the next league down until the likes of Turnbull Hutton stood up to them.

He was then threatened by the Rangers manager and there were genuine threats made to burn Starks Park to the ground.

So don't even attempt to lecture me on a subject you appear to know very little about.

Stick to the Record, that's your level.

No.

Our game is fixed. Look at the attempts at first to shoehorn the newco into the top league. Then a farcical attempt to put them into the next league down until the likes of Turnbull Hutton stood up to them.

He was then threatened by the Rangers manager and there were genuine threats made to burn Starks Park to the ground.

So don't even attempt to lecture me on a subject you appear to know very little about.

Remind me again - how close was the vote for The new club to start again in the SPL?

Remind me again how close the vote was for the new club to start again in the first division?

Surely if the game is fixed then they wouldn't have started in the bottom league?

Surely if the game was fixed they wouldn't have finished THIRD last season and been humped by Motherwell?

Someone (Two actually) made a suggestion and made some pretty outrageous comments as to the outcome if their suggestions weren't followed up. The fact that those two administrators so badly read the mood of their member clubs should have been enough for a vote of no confidence yet both managed to survive that's incompetence of the directing mind not some sort of corruption

People actually agree with a lot of what you are saying Tup - you just aren't saying it in a rational way, outlandish comments, untruths etc detract from your argument. People are not arguing with you because you are wrong they are arguing with you because when you over exaggerate something you insult us

• Upvote 2

No.

Did they get into the top flight? The answer to that is NO the clubs quite rightly rejected that and I'm proud our club was one of those who did so. You fear their statements like "sink us an we will sink you"

Huns should never be taken seriously.

No.

So basically the Huns are a bunch of greedy, cheating, blagging cunts who get away with it sometimes and don't at other times. The media are mostly a bunch of fawning, sooky bumlicks, with a few honourable exceptions. That's all true. It's the masonic conspiracy talk that makes you sound a wee bit mad. You've obviously talked yourself into this big conspiracy stuff and now your massive ego won't let you back pedal a bit.

• Upvote 3

Actually look it up its correct - div 1 and div2 did not change

If you don't know what the argument I suggest you revisit your arguements and check up some actual facts before spouting pish

1. It wasn't changed in 2012 (the SPFL didn't come into existence until 2013)

2. Div1 and Div2 did not change the allocation of prize money

3. The clubs that benefit the most are clubs that are parachuted into the Championship

4. 11-1 voting is only for matters affecting the Premiership - not for changing prize money allocation

I said it came into force the year after the huns went pop - ie 2013. I never mentioned 2012 - anway - that IS splitting hairs - the point being until the huns died, no one had any concern about a fairer distribution in the premier or lower leagues.

TV deals were arranged to screen The Rangers games in div 2. When in the history of world football have a 4th tier team been involved in TV deals and had regular live games screened? Never is the answer you're looking for. And as for hibs etc benefiting the most, my argument wasn't that Sevco benefitted the most. It was that the whole setup was re-arranged so that they benefitted. Which they absolutely without question did. They spent 2 seasons in the championship picking up all that extra cash that never existed prior to their demise.

I'll accept I got it wrong about the bottom two divisions getting more money if you're telling me that's the case, but are you telling me you believe none of this was done to benefit Sevco? Really? Wow.

And neither you, nor Zander, have acknowledged the fact that prize money in the premier was grossly weighted in favour of the top two, up until the scumbags died. That is a fact and both of you have conveniently sidestepped it because it doesn't suit your fingers in your ears argument.

Did they get into the top flight? The answer to that is NO the clubs quite rightly rejected that and I'm proud our club was one of those who did so. You fear their statements like "sink us an we will sink you"

Huns should never be taken seriously.

Fuck me why do you refuse to see what was right in front of you.

The ONLY reason the clubs rejected it was down to the fury and threat of boycotts by their fans. The clubs were ready to welcome them into the championship with open arms - they're all greedy cunts out to grab as much cash as they can.. It was us fans that forced their hand. Fortunately the majority of fans are not like you, and see injustice for what it is, and refused to just accept it.

If you disagree with that version of history then you are delusional.

• Upvote 1

The ONLY reason the clubs rejected it was down to the fury and threat of boycotts by their fans. The clubs were ready to welcome them into the championship with open arms - they're all greedy cunts out to grab as much cash as they can.. It was us fans that forced their hand. Fortunately the majority of fans are not like you, and see injustice for what it is, and refused to just accept it.

Once voted out of the premiership it was up to the league - 25 out of 30 voted for rangers not to go into the Championship

So hardly open arms

Given that some of those clubs count supporters in the 100's I very much doubt that a "supporter backlash" was the reason that so many said no to the championship route

• Downvote 1

Once voted out of the premiership it was up to the league - 25 out of 30 voted for rangers not to go into the Championship

So hardly open arms

Given that some of those clubs count supporters in the 100's I very much doubt that a "supporter backlash" was the reason that so many said no to the championship route

Apologies I said Championship, I meant premiership.

Our clubs were ready to vote them straight back into the top league. It was fan power that prevented that. I can't believe you would willingly pretend that wasn't the case.

Again absolute bullshit as Bamber says it was an overwhelming NO. Who gives a fuck what clubs would have or could have done they rejected it in huge numbers.

Your making wild assumptions to suit your obsession now.

• Downvote 1

Again absolute bullshit as Bamber says it was an overwhelming NO. Who gives a fuck what clubs would have or could have done they rejected it in huge numbers.

See above. You're wrong.

They needed 7 clubs to vote to keep them in the top league (even more amazing is that they got a vote themselves - which fuck me if that is not a big red flag then what is?) and all the noises from the clubs was that we needed them, oh the tv deal etc.

The fans told them to fuck off and they shat their pants. Where is the wild assumption?

• Upvote 1

Still no mention of the prize money for 1st and 2nd prior to huns demise I see?

Ignore ignore ignore.