Holiday 2013 Thread

Any recommendations for Edinburgh? Hotel, restaurant and pub wise?

Looking for places to take the better half, nae too posh, but still a bit romantic.

Hotel: Hawke + Hunter - It's a botique hotel but it's not that expensive. Smart as fuck she'll be impressed.

Restaurant: I always take woman to The Honours on North Castle Street - decent food at a decent price. If not take her to The Dome - the food's not as good but the surroundings are nice.

Pubs: The Bow Bar (Grassmarket), The Star Bar (New Town), Cafe Royal. Three of the best pubs in the city min.

Any recommendations for Edinburgh? Hotel, restaurant and pub wise?

Looking for places to take the better half, nae too posh, but still a bit romantic.

Scotsman is nice on the North Bridge, i usually like to stay there, but can be pricey depending on when you go.

Restaurants in Edinburgh i like are Browns, The Dome & The Witchery. Used to be a cracking restaurant in Edinburgh called Olorosso, but has recently closed down.

Scotsman is nice on the North Bridge, i usually like to stay there, but can be pricey depending on when you go.

Restaurants in Edinburgh i like are Browns, The Dome & The Witchery. Used to be a cracking restaurant in Edinburgh called Olorosso, but has recently closed down.

i was in edinburgh pver xmas and ny and stayed at they caley.

they have great deals on at the moment, not sure why.

we got a suite with bags of room for 120quid.

as for the witchery also went there for lunch.

affa fine 3 course lunch for little over 35.

Hotel: Hawke + Hunter - It's a botique hotel but it's not that expensive. Smart as fuck she'll be impressed.

Restaurant: I always take woman to The Honours on North Castle Street - decent food at a decent price. If not take her to The Dome - the food's not as good but the surroundings are nice.

Pubs: The Bow Bar (Grassmarket), The Star Bar (New Town), Cafe Royal. Three of the best pubs in the city min.

cracking club beneath the dome - why not ?

:cool:

I spent three hunner in the Cafe Royal a month or so back. There were only 3 of us. Twice in 2012 we met there for an all-afternoon sesh. It's fantastic.

I didn't ken you actually had taste in decent boozers Rocket min. Fair play to you...

:thumbup1:

You winna be going anywhere on yer holidays Big Man until you get yourself a job and sort your career oot?

I had a fleeting conversation with a mutual friend of ours recently who informed me that you may, for reasons unknown to me, come to the mistaken conclusion that I am this cunt:

http://www.thenewlawyer.com.au/law-firms/homophobic-law-firm-trainee-loses-job

I most definitely am not. I don't even live in Aberdeen anymore.

I can assure you, I'm currently managing to hold down my job.

cracking club beneath the dome - why not ?

Aye - It's always hoachin with vagina...

you living in edinburgh BM?

whats the deal with the trams. the place is a tip. just like it was last time i was there circa 08.

No, I stay in Glasgow now but I'm through on an almost weekly basis.

Still building them - the depot has been constructed and they've taken delivery of the first tram (i think) but their still building the tracks.

The whole city centre resembles a midden. Almost the entire length of York Place (from the Conan Doyle pub on the corner) right to the other and, and large patches of St Andrew's square resemble craters - all dug up and inaccessible to traffic. Taxi drivers bitch and moan about it perpetually, but secretly they're loving it - we were close to

No, I stay in Glasgow now but I'm through on an almost weekly basis.

Still building them - the depot has been constructed and they've taken delivery of the first tram (i think) but their still building the tracks.

The whole city centre resembles a midden. Almost the entire length of York Place (from the Conan Doyle pub on the corner) right to the other and, and large patches of St Andrew's square resemble craters - all dug up and inaccessible to traffic. Taxi drivers bitch and moan about it perpetually, but secretly they're loving it - we were close to

Indeed. I fear I'll miss it though.

On the Vegas past of my plans who has been and what hotel do they recommend.

Looking at the Palazzo or the Cosmopolitan. Any others worth looking at?

We stayed at ballys a couple of years ago. Wasn't too expensive and sits very central in the strip. However, could maybe have done with being done up a bit. They were in the process of doing work in rooms. We stayed in an older room tho and it fine.

Def take positioning into account the boof

We stayed at ballys a couple of years ago. Wasn't too expensive and sits very central in the strip. However, could maybe have done with being done up a bit. They were in the process of doing work in rooms. We stayed in an older room tho and it fine.

Def take positioning into account the boof

Booked up The Palazzo yesterday. Central enough and it gets good reviews all round. Wife was put off the Cosmopolitan by the photos of the place which seemed to have an abundance of "Spring Break" Americans poolside.

Looking at going to Berlin not sure when but before July, any one got any suggestions on where to stay and what to look for?

Have a wander up to the Siegessäule. It's the Victory Column. Goddess of Victory (Victoria) is at the top of it.

The golden statue atop the column was featured in the music video to U2's 1993 "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)" and inspired Paul van Dyke's 1998 trance music hit, "For an Angel"; the column was also featured in his music video during the Love Parade in 1998.

It inspired me as well as I've got a tattoo of her on my back. :thumbup1::dancin: :dancin: :dancin:

398px-Vxla-berlin-siegessaule-victoria.jpg

Been in Thailand since Christmas Day. Currently sunning it up in Koh Samui staying in a mate's villa. No plans whatsoever except relax and get pished. Fly home the 22nd Jan.

Off to St Pete Beach in Florida followed by 4 nights in NYC middle of Feb. Going to see Swedish House Mafia at an exclusive charity gig in NYC. Myself and 3 friends won the tickets at auction. It should be immense My link

Got my best mate's stag do in Berlin early March for 4 days then the wedding 2 weeks later.

Back to Thailand for 3 weeks around 10th of April for Songkran.

Then i may look for a job come May or bugger off to Oz to find one.

Getting paid off is brilliant! I highly recommend it!

• Downvote 1

Been in Thailand since Christmas Day. Currently sunning it up in Koh Samui staying in a mate's villa. No plans whatsoever except relax and get pished. Fly home the 22nd Jan.

Off to St Pete Beach in Florida followed by 4 nights in NYC middle of Feb. Going to see Swedish House Mafia at an exclusive charity gig in NYC. Myself and 3 friends won the tickets at auction. It should be immense My link

Got my best mate's stag do in Berlin early March for 4 days then the wedding 2 weeks later.

Cunt :angry2:

• Upvote 1

Paid off from doing what, Roman Abramovichs business partner?!

Cunt :angry2:

A cunt is a useful thing.

How many times have Swedish House Mafia said 'this is our last concert ever, and we're going to do our own thing.

Pretty sure in was September last year which was there last one...pretty sure they've done 23 'this is our last concert ever' since...

Yeah their One Last Tour is clearly all about the $$$. Playing about 40 gigs all over the world. I went to see them in Amsterdam in December and it was by far the best gig I've ever been to. I didn't know much about SHM and to be honest didn't care about the gig, I just fancied the jolly in Dam but so glad I went. NYC should surpass it!

Paid off from doing what, Roman Abramovichs business partner?!

Right industry with Abramovich.

• Upvote 1