Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

interesting comments on radio today from Willie Miller - says he had to work extremely hard to convince his parents that he should sign two years ago when he was 16..

For me, I'm extremely disappointed he's gone but not really surprised..

Reading his inteview in the Herald a couple of months ago, there was no real indication in there that he was unsettled, other than an inference that he was very much the 'teaboy'.. He also had alot of time for McGhee it seems..

I cannot help but feel there's a little more to the story than meets the eye...

Anyway, I think he's looked at the options and frankly just doesn't rate his future at Pittodrie - It hurts but tbh, this forum has been full for years of posts, which basically state that AFC have no drive, no ambition, no passion, no leadership, have made countless bad managerial choices, and nothing has changed. So can you blame him? Ok, Bournemouth ain't what we expected, but it seems to be there's a bit of life and ambition about the club, which is a darned sight more than can be said for us at the moment.. I'd venture that if we had a thrusting, dynamic and ambitious chairman coupled with a management team chomping at the bit to prove themselves and genuinely eager for success, then perhaps the outcome would have been different. but we don't and it hasn't.

I say good luck to the lad. He's 18, made a choice and at least let's give him the credit for having some strength of mind. It may be the wrong or the right decision but hey, who hasn't done / said some things at 18 that are debatable to say the least....

Disappointed, but the club need to take some positives and TRY to learn from lessons here, whatever they maybe.

• Upvote 1

interesting comments on radio today from Willie Miller - says he had to work extremely hard to convince his parents that he should sign two years ago when he was 16..

Bit contradictory to what Willie said earlier in the season when he said they went to Fraser with an offer and told him to take it away and come back to the club with an answer, then said he signed it on the spot without looking at it as all he wanted to do was play for Aberdeen.

Bit contradictory to what Willie said earlier in the season when he said they went to Fraser with an offer and told him to take it away and come back to the club with an answer, then said he signed it on the spot without looking at it as all he wanted to do was play for Aberdeen.

I thought he was speaking about Fyvie when he said he had to work hard to get him to sign to start with.

Dont buy into the hype min.

Before Sky the English leagues were fucked, even during Sky half the Championship and the lower leagues are still fucked.

There's lots of reasons Scottish football hasnt kept up with English, most of them down to the idiots that have run our game over the last 20 years that constantly undersell and undervalue our game.

If Scottish football was given

He wasn't 16 in the summer. Didn't he sign his first pro contract in the summer (one year deal)? Think it was summer 2012 when he thought he was going to be released that he signed on with no hesitation.

We maybe haven't won anything in years, but let's face it we are only a few points from Europe far better situated to win any silverware than lets face it they will ever be. England is littered with small clubs who do fuck all but sit in the lower leagues year after year.

Each to there own these guys might have some fun just now. Nobody will remember them when they drop out the championship after doing fuck all and go back to making up the numbers whilst we are still competing in the top league chasing European places whilst they are playing in the Dulux cup.

Not sure if Miller remembers what he said earlier in the season or whether he was less than honest in a previous interview? I just hope he's not turning into rentaquote for the BBC.

Winger Ryan Fraser has in a matter of weeks established himself as one of the country’s brightest talents.

And Miller recalls clearly the day he signed him as a pro.

He said: “I remember taking Ryan and his parents up to one of the boxes at Pittodrie. We had signing talks overlooking the pitch.

“It was just to give it an added feeling of importance. We had a chat about our hopes for him and then presented the contract.

“It’s not a negotiation, it’s an offer and we tell them to take the contract away, have a look at it, think about it, and if there’s anything on their minds to tell us.

“But Ryan said ‘no’. I asked him ‘What do you mean no?’

“Ryan said: ‘No, I’m signing it NOW’. I was delighted.

My link

For me, I'm extremely disappointed he's gone but not really surprised..

Reading his inteview in the Herald a couple of months ago, there was no real indication in there that he was unsettled, other than an inference that he was very much the 'teaboy'.. He also had alot of time for McGhee it seems..

I cannot help but feel there's a little more to the story than meets the eye...

Anyway, I think he's looked at the options and frankly just doesn't rate his future at Pittodrie - It hurts but tbh, this forum has been full for years of posts, which basically state that AFC have no drive, no ambition, no passion, no leadership, have made countless bad managerial choices, and nothing has changed. So can you blame him? Ok, Bournemouth ain't what we expected, but it seems to be there's a bit of life and ambition about the club, which is a darned sight more than can be said for us at the moment.. I'd venture that if we had a thrusting, dynamic and ambitious chairman coupled with a management team chomping at the bit to prove themselves and genuinely eager for success, then perhaps the outcome would have been different. but we don't and it hasn't.

I say good luck to the lad. He's 18, made a choice and at least let's give him the credit for having some strength of mind. It may be the wrong or the right decision but hey, who hasn't done / said some things at 18 that are debatable to say the least....

Disappointed, but the club need to take some positives and TRY to learn from lessons here, whatever they maybe.

I was thinking that things were changing, albeit slowly, and so was disappointed that the lad decided to go.

He is in there and maybe sees it for what it is, and as Highbury Don says, he's made his decision, possibly not an easy one for such a young lad.

I also wish the lad good luck. It's a tough business and he'll need it.

We maybe haven't won anything in years, but let's face it we are only a few points from Europe far better situated to win any silverware than lets face it they will ever be. England is littered with small clubs who do fuck all but sit in the lower leagues year after year.

Each to there own these guys might have some fun just now. Nobody will remember them when they drop out the championship after doing fuck all and go back to making up the numbers whilst we are still competing in the top league chasing European places whilst they are playing in the Dulux cup.

Do you think you'll see it in your lifetime?

See it for what? Someone said Willie had to fight to get his parents to sign when he was 16. He was 18 when he signed his 1 year deal in the Summer and 19 next month?

Monkeys post is irrelevant surely?

I may have it wrong but I thought he signed his first pro contract at 16, which would make Miller's comments contradictory. If he didn't sign his first professional contract until last summer, at 18, then apologies.

But then, why would they have to take him up to one of the boxes overlooking the pitch, to set the scene and sell the club to him, if they were unsure whether he was being given a new contract or not?

I may have it wrong but I thought he signed his first pro contract at 16, which would make Miller's comments contradictory. If he didn't sign his first professional contract until last summer, at 18, then apologies.

But then, why would they have to take him up to one of the boxes overlooking the pitch, to set the scene and sell the club to him, if they were unsure whether he was being given a new contract or not?

No idea Ollie, was just trying to do the math.