Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

:laughing: find it laughable how everyone is so clearly in the know with wages talk. You were all in the boardroom at the time werent you, youve scanned the contract.

Most professional contracts for young players gain their money firstly in their signing on fee, and secondly in their bonuses such as appearances, wins, clean sheets, man of the match and such.

• Site Sponsor

Been told he was offered 400 a week ......

If that is the case then we really do need to look at the money we are spunking away on the likes of Clark, Langfield, Fallon, et al.

No guarantee that the loon would make it big but the promise surely has to be worth a gamble of

This is rank min. Get him to fuck. Actually hope he goes to some nobody in da EPL and doesn't play a single game, has loan spells at Port Vale, Southend, Burton Albion and Hereford, all totalling to 36 appearences and 1 goal. At the age of 24 he moves to Hibs where he plays 18 games and scores no goals. He then moves to Fleetwood town, who are in League 1 by now and spends 11 seasons there finishing 11th, 12th, 11th, 18th, 15th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 8th, 10th, 21st.

• Site Sponsor

Good luck to the kid he'l get his 100k signing on fee and 5k a week for a few years at least. Hard to sit here and criticise an 18 year old getting that kind of offer.

Sometimes you have to wait in life for the right opportunity and Football is no different.

He could have stayed here until he is 23, maybe won a cup (or two) and if he has the right stuff get a move to a top EPL club and then who knows. Best chance of development would have been here.

Interesting to see what happens in the next few days; he might not particularly appreciate the criticism and perhaps good sense will prevail. Maybe not, maybe off to Fulham.

Good luck to the kid he'l get his 100k signing on fee and 5k a week for a few years at least. Hard to sit here and criticise an 18 year old getting that kind of offer.

Sometimes you have to wait in life for the right opportunity and Football is no different.

No problem with him choosing the pounds. I do have a problem with the bullshit he has been saying in the press etc.

• Upvote 1

He could have stayed here until he is 23, maybe won a cup (or two) and if he has the right stuff get a move to a top EPL club and then who knows. Best chance of development would have been here.

Interesting to see what happens in the next few days; he might not particularly appreciate the criticism and perhaps good sense will prevail. Maybe not, maybe off to Fulham.

Exactly he's a good player with bags of talent. Even better players than Maguire and have left for England and did fuck all.

This is true but it doesn't back up your point. Look at Ferguson, he had numerous opportunities to leave Aberdeen but he waited his time, he trusted his ability and was loyal to Aberdeen until the right opportunity came along.

Grimmer, Fyvie, now Fraser, they aren't waiting for the right opportunity, they are leaving as soon as they can get their hands on some cash and couldn't care less about the club that's made their careers.

I think it's quite easy. Disgusting that money is such a motivator at his age, if indeed it is money that is his biggest concern. Could have been much more in a few years time if he's stuck it out and signed a new deal with us.

I think it's quite easy. Disgusting that money is such a motivator at his age, if indeed it is money that is his biggest concern. Could have been much more in a few years time if he's stuck it out and signed a new deal with us.

It's always going to be the case I'm not defending his actions.

Your right even a few years down the line the OF would be prepared to offer him 10-15k a week *spits*

Lying bastard!

Who would lie to the fans of the club they supposedly support? He claims he wanted to stay yet he had the opportunity and turned it down. Get him shot in January, hate having players at outlet club that aren't committed.

Wouldnae go that far.

If he signed for sevco though...

I think they have learnt: Shaughnessy, Jordon Brown, Cammy Smith and Dec McManus have all recently signed new deals. Problem with Fraser is that they didn't know if he was worth a new contract until he started to play well in the SPL, by which point is has proved to be too late.

I do however think that we should be tying more youngsters down to deals before they get first team action (kind of like what we've done with McManus). Better to take a gamble on some in my opinion rather than lose potential gems for nothing.

Combined total of what, 4 first team starts between them? How did we know they were good enough?

We made the mistake of hyping up too much when he was in the last year of his contract. We should have been playing it down until we had him signed up :clangers2:

This is true but it doesn't back up your point. Look at Ferguson, he had numerous opportunities to leave Aberdeen but he waited his time, he trusted his ability and was loyal to Aberdeen until the right opportunity came along.

Grimmer, Fyvie, now Fraser, they aren't waiting for the right opportunity, they are leaving as soon as they can get their hands on some cash and couldn't care less about the club that's made their careers.

That's what I'm trying to say the first offer is not always the best it might be a better one than current.

You have to take a step back sometimes to look at the future.

I hope he never pulls on the red-shirt again. This is an act of betrayal against the club he supports and who have nurtured him, the scummy agent has obviously been putting ideas in his head. If you have no commitment to AFC then GTF. Barnsley on a wet wednesday night i hear is fantastic.

Also his existing wage and his wage offer are also part of the considerations for compensation figures so I would very much doubt AFC would allow themselves to be embarassed by a gross figure lower than just about every single SPL going in front of the tribunal. Get real folks.

Also his existing wage and his wage offer are also part of the considerations for compensation figures so I would very much doubt AFC would allow themselves to be embarassed by a gross figure lower than just about every single SPL going in front of the tribunal. Get real folks.

Is it not just a basic figure set by FIFA now though?

Aye unfortunately the days of Willie Miller knocking back moves to Spurs and Real Madrid are a thing of the past...Someone has got to get the contracts side of AFC sorted out pronto...Dundee Utd seem to be able to get decent young players to sign long term deals where the club will see some return when the inevitable happens... David Goodwillie

• Upvote 1

AFC are useless at managing the contracts and never seem to learn any lessons. How can a player like this who has just made it into the first team be about to see his contract run out????? Yet again we are about to lose a player who should be making us millions for peanuts.

Fuck AFC and fuck the money grabbing little cunt. Thinks he's too good for the SPL? He hasn't even scored a goal yet!

:clangers2: