Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

I won't I hope he fails. He is all in it for the money. If he stayed here until he was maybe 22-23 then yes I would wish him the best of luck for the future. But he isn't, because he is in it for the MONEY.

So is almost anyone in any profession. Take money out of the equation and what can Aberdeen offer that a club down south can't?

• Upvote 1

I won't I hope he fails. He is all in it for the money. If he stayed here until he was maybe 22-23 then yes I would wish him the best of luck for the future. But he isn't, because he is in it for the MONEY.

To be honest we cannot blame him for that.

That's life & we're all just being sentimental & deluded if we believe he'd want to stay here for a pittance.

If the club offered DECENT money, then fair enough to the club. They done what they could but if they offered less than Clark for example, then the club & only the club are at fault.

I certainly not stay at the club if that cunt was earning more than me & I was playing every week & ten times the player he is. regardless of age. :dontknow: not when other clubs will offer 5 & maybe more times the money.

The chances of being injured in the SPL by all the fkn cart horses are higher as well, so canny blame him for taking money & running.

some unbelievable OTT reactions on here.

As much as I would love it if footballers who were also fans of the club put the club that developed them first, we just don't live in that world any more.

Footballers nowadays want to get as much cash as they can as quickly as they can. Its not about career and the prospect of winning something with your club. I mean just look who Grimmer and Fyvie signed for - two shit teams with fuck all history to them but by fuck can they pay big wages. Thats what these players really want.

Lyalty means nothing when they see the life style they can have.

Ask anybody on here earlier in the week and they would have described him as a world beater; how come now the majority opinion seems to be he will go down to England and be a failure?

What if he gets a move to a Wigan / Swansea and does well ands gets a regular game?

We need to cut this guy a break, it's only six months since Broon was thinking of freeing him so what loyalty does he owe AFC? He's been brilliant this season, let's cash him in and wish him all the best wherever he ends up ( as long as it's not at Celtic or the Rangers).

Ask anybody on here earlier in the week and they would have described him as a world beater; how come now the majority opinion seems to be he will go down to England and be a failure?

What if he gets a move to a Wigan / Swansea and does well ands gets a regular game?

We need to cut this guy a break, it's only six months since Broon was thinking of freeing him so what loyalty does he owe AFC? He's been brilliant this season, let's cash him in and wish him all the best wherever he ends up ( as long as it's not at Celtic or the Rangers).

if he stays injury free I think he will do better than the other two that fucked off as soon as they could.

Disappointed in both the club and the player. Should have been tied down long ago on a 5 year deal. Anyone with half a footballing brain could see his talent years ago.

He's obviously been bigged up in the newspapers, by the management and by his agent. There'll be a club lined up and a move either in January.

The statement that he wants a new challenge is ridiculous. 2 ypotm awards is not proving you've made it. He'll be an u21 or reserve player down south (at best)

My fear is that he'll end up in green and white hoops rather than royal blue to be honest.

"Am I loyal? I hope so. I've still got a lot to learn. I can't say after I've played a handful of games that I've made it. I've nowhere near made it. There are so many things I could do better. Archie and the gaffer can show me."

"The Club made the player what was the best offer they possibly could and it's very disappointing that he has chosen to see his future elsewhere. It was indicated to the club that Ryan believes he is ready to play at a higher level than the SPL and I have to say I think that is the wrong decision. He would be far better to continue to learn his trade here with Aberdeen and I only want players here who are 100per cent committed to Aberdeen Football Club."

so fa is telling porkies?

Disappointed in both the club and the player. Should have been tied down long ago on a 5 year deal. Anyone with half a footballing brain could see his talent years ago.

He's obviously been bigged up in the newspapers, by the management and by his agent. There'll be a club lined up and a move either in January.

The statement that he wants a new challenge is ridiculous. 2 ypotm awards is not proving you've made it. He'll be an u21 or reserve player down south (at best)

My fear is that he'll end up in green and white hoops rather than royal blue to be honest.

Illegal at 17, only once he turned 18 could we offer him more than 2 years I think but it should have been done on his 18th B'day

Where has this "brown was thinking of freeing him" line come from? That has to be the most made up comment i've seen on here yet?

I think I agree with the rest...but we're not going to get fuck all for him. I'd love to cash in on him but he'll either run down his contract or leave for fuck all in January.

Where has this "brown was thinking of freeing him" line come from? That has to be the most made up comment i've seen on here yet?

I think I agree with the rest...but we're not going to get fuck all for him. I'd love to cash in on him but he'll either run down his contract or leave for fuck all in January.

Probably came from Fraser saying "I didn't know if I was going to get a contract or not" so I think it's an over exaggeration.

I really though by what he'd been saying lately that he was a decent wee bloke.

Guess that was just BS made up for him by his people.

He could have easily signed a new deal, if for nothing else but to get the club that made him a little more cash in Jan or Summer.

He'd certainly not be short on offers.

It's a crying shame really that agents are ruining folk so often. & the game

Fact is if we have a promising 17 year old on the books and we rate our youth system at all then we should be tying that player up on a 3 year deal BEFORE we start giving him a regular game. ie we should have been tying up his contract this time last year rather now when he is 18 and proving he can do it at SPL level already.

I don't really understand the clubs excuse for this. They keep telling us they are investing time and money in the youth system - well if thats the case surely they have to trust it to produce players and therefore be prepared to offer longer and better deals to the best youth players as they start to look ready for first team action. Waiting until they have proved it just in case we can save a few bob is short sighted.

Very disappointing news.

It also leaves more wondering if football is worth bothering about anymore?

The clubs in the wealthy leagues hold all the cards now - whats the point in smaller clubs bothering to develop players?

"Am I loyal? I hope so. I've still got a lot to learn. I can't say after I've played a handful of games that I've made it. I've nowhere near made it. There are so many things I could do better. Archie and the gaffer can show me."

"The Club made the player what was the best offer they possibly could and it's very disappointing that he has chosen to see his future elsewhere. It was indicated to the club that Ryan believes he is ready to play at a higher level than the SPL

Really?

REALLY?

:spanner:

I really though by what he'd been saying lately that he was a decent wee bloke.

Guess that was just BS made up for him by his people.

He could have easily signed a new deal, if for nothing else but to get the club that made him a little more cash in Jan or Summer.

He'd certainly not be short on offers.

It's a crying shame really that agents are ruining folk so often. & the game

Hmmm yes and no...I'd imagine the prospect of having to get round the negotiating table with Milne and the like would put a few clubs off...

• Downvote 3

Fact is if we have a promising 17 year old on the books and we rate our youth system at all then we should be tying that player up on a 3 year deal BEFORE we start giving him a regular game. ie we should have been tying up his contract this time last year rather now when he is 18 and proving he can do it at SPL level already.

I don't really understand the clubs excuse for this. They keep telling us they are investing time and money in the youth system - well if thats the case surely they have to trust it to produce players and therefore be prepared to offer longer and better deals to the best youth players as they start to look ready for first team action. Waiting until they have proved it just in case we can save a few bob is short sighted.

Very disappointing news.

It also leaves more wondering if football is worth bothering about anymore?

The clubs in the wealthy leagues hold all the cards now - whats the point in smaller clubs bothering to develop players?

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the longest deal you are legally allowed to offer a 17 year old is a two year deal :dontknow:

If I had the ability that Ryan has and 'support Aberdeen' as he says, I would have faith in my ability and sign a 2/3 year contract and move on in a year or so, giving the club I support a tidy transfer fee. He obviously has no feelings for the club that has supported him and helped him get where he is.

I don't want to see him play for the Dons again, he has shown no respect for the club. He can train with the youth boys and play in the youth team the rest of the season and even that is being generous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1