No Surprises Here

tup

• 2 months later...

A man has admitted killing a knife-wielding robber who took his son's iPhone during an attack in Inverclyde.

Derek Grant, 38, confronted Patrick Bradley after the 29-year-old had held up his son Jordan in Greenock on 30 August last year.
The High Court in Glasgow heard that Bradley stabbed Grant in the eye, after which the accused fatally stabbed him.
Grant was remanded in custody at the High Court in Glasgow and sentence was deferred until next month.
He was originally charged with murder but pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of culpable homicide.
The court heard how Jordan Grant had been returning to his home in Greenock when he was confronted by Bradley, who had a significant record for violence.
He ordered the politics student to hand over his iPhone, which he did.
The McDonald's worker went home and told his father who used a mobile app to trace the stolen phone to a nearby location.
Grant then left his home with Jordan and his two younger sons, Lee, 17, and 16 year-old Jamie.
They spotted Bradley - who was not known to them - and Grant ordered he hand back the stolen phone.
Bradley instead lashed out at Grant and stabbed him in the eye before Grant then repeatedly struck out at him with a knife he had taken from home.
Bradley suffered a cardiac arrest and died following the incident. Grant was left blinded in one eye.
Grant was arrested and he later said: "I wish to declare for the record that at the time of this incident, I was acting in self defence."
Advocate depute Douglas Fairley QC, prosecuting, said it was agreed Grant had suffered a "significant" degree of provocation before the fatal assault.
Grant's three sons also faced murder charges but their not guilty pleas were accepted.
  • 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KgVxVI8iSs

THIS shocking footage shows the moment three thugs turn Greenock town centre into a battlefield in scenes slammed as “disgusting” by an MSP.

The video, shared widely on social media, shows two women and a man brawling unashamedly in broad daylight with one female being punched to the ground and booted in the face.
At one point the other woman is dragged by the hair and almost has her head smashed off the pavement before bystanders intervene.
Labour justice spokesman Graeme Pearson last night hit out at the “abhorrent and disgusting” behaviour and called for the courts to come down hard on those involved.
The sickening clip has been viewed more than 150,000 times on Facebook. It lasts a minute and 46 seconds and was posted by Kenny Goldie from Kilmarnock who says he was sent it by a friend.
The violence broke out near a pharmacy in the town centre where addicts line up to receive medication.
Police say three people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Mr Pearson - a former director general of the Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency - said: “It’s shocking and disgraceful behaviour.
“No community should have to stand for that kind of behaviour, especially in their town centre.
“I hope that whichever judge deals with this case takes into account the circumstances.
“It’s abhorrent and disgusting. It may not be at the top end of offending but what does it say for the hopes of a community and confidence in terms of employment?
“Who would invest in a town which demonstrates that kind of behaviour?”

Word reaches me Poodler was trying to recreate the halycon hooligan days of the 80's outside Dens on Saturday, I can't condone such behaviour as it tarnishes the good name of the club, Poodler is on block. Some hard time in Polmont will sort him out, he won't even be able to look at another arse hole let alone lick one when he comes out of there. :laughing:

My source says he was there, tried to enter the turnstile on his hands and knees, a drunken shambles...was only right plod stepped in and saved his fellow dons fans from the tirade coming from his mouth, hard time will sort him out, breaking rocks and porridge is the only way to deal with ruffians like him. Gives us good fans a bad name.

Are you up this week or just bailed till a future date?

If the latter I predict a fixed penalty through the post, if the former I'd go not guilty in your shoes, may well be dropped, not exactly a hanging offence.

Bailed till 24th. Aye, old man says go not guilty, wasn't abusive, aggressive and they can't prove I was drunk. Just causes complications for work min. Repeatedly trying to access a sports stadium whilst under influence of alcohol, never heard such shite.

You drink in the four mile now?

I think you'll probably get a offer before that, £80 fine or something like that if you accept, I'd go for that, saves the hassle. Don't tell your work just yet, if at all, just book the time off work if needs be.

Was a regular there for over 20 years, rarely in it these days, can see it from my front door but only go on the odd occasion.

My source says he was there, tried to enter the turnstile on his hands and knees, a drunken shambles...was only right plod stepped in and saved his fellow dons fans from the tirade coming from his mouth, hard time will sort him out, breaking rocks and porridge is the only way to deal with ruffians like him. Gives us good fans a bad name.

I fear for the poodler if he gets sent down like boys like him don't come out of prison without the abilty to whistle oot there arsehole......

• Upvote 1

I think you'll probably get a offer before that, £80 fine or something like that if you accept, I'd go for that, saves the hassle. Don't tell your work just yet, if at all, just book the time off work if needs be.

Was a regular there for over 20 years, rarely in it these days, can see it from my front door but only go on the odd occasion.

Exactly. I have never heard of anyone going to trial for being pissed up at a game.

Suppose poodlers issue is if a disclosure is required at work.

[emoji23] reekie you would be clambering oer the walls at Peterhead for a shot o my arse.

Aye any change on my disclosure goes straight to my boss but it'll be arite, not worried at all. Only missing A few games in the meantime too. Just gutted I didn't get to wave my inflatable doll in Tups face

[emoji23] reekie you would be clambering oer the walls at Peterhead for a shot o my arse.

Aye any change on my disclosure goes straight to my boss but it'll be arite, not worried at all. Only missing A few games in the meantime too. Just gutted I didn't get to wave my inflatable doll in Tups face

Oh joke Poodler Id be oer that prison wall Faster than Ebbe oer the boards, fan Langfield blooters a goal kick off Renyolds heed and it trundles through his paper hands and into the net.....

Its unfair to attribute happenings in Paisley / Greenock etc to Glasgow.

These people are to Glaswegians, what Goblins are to Orcs - i.e. a vaguely related, but fundamentally lesser and distinct race.

Anyway, check this shit - this is where I just moved out of. I guess that, with me gone, some of the locals must feel that they are the new sherriff in town ;) (Btw - the area isnt Possil, its the victim who was from Possil).

Murder hunt after Possil man attacked in street dies in hospital

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/murder-hunt-as-attack-victim-dies-in-hospital.1412668590

170386.jpg

I used to go to that chippy. In my formative years, I was always in it whilst stoned and could never order my fish properly for howling with laughter at nothing in particular. I am not sure my custom was appreciated.

There is an infamous dive around the corner, The Castle Vaults (I think), and once I found some old boy lying pissed on the ground outside it (broad daylight, not even that late in the day). Ever the good samaritan, I helped him up - only for his trousers to fall right down to his ankles.

I quickly dropped him and raced off, Christian charity is never an option when faced with a drunk old fella in his pants.

• 4 months later...

Fifty Shades of Grey might advocate a little light violence between consenting adults, but a cinema-goer in Glasgow took it a step too far on Valentine's Day, glassing a man over the head during a screening.

Three women were arrested at the Grosvenor cinema on Saturday night, during a particularly rowdy screening which saw people vomiting in the aisles.
It's thought an argument erupted after a man asked a group of women to be quiet. Following the altercation, staff were left to wipe the blood off the seats before the next showing.
The hysteria over EL James' erotic novel has continued onto the big screen, and the film was a huge draw at the box office over Valentine's Day weekend and is surely set to endure as a Hen Do favourite.
"Besides being the worst film I have ever seen, three women were getting arrested and put in a police van when we arrived," 33-year-old Michael Bolton told The Mirror.
"A woman came out the theatre and said that a guy had been glassed. One woman was in handcuffs and another two women were in tears.
"She said that three or four girls had been very loud and were shouting. The man had asked them to shut up and he was glassed.
"It’s a cinema where you can buy drink. Only in Glasgow are police called to the cinema. This type of behaviour happens at pubs and nightclubs – but you don’t expect that at a cinema.
"The guys at the cinema were tidying up the blood before we were going in. They were wiping down seats before the start of the 8.20pm film."
Whether due to alcohol or the film's dodgy dialogue, there was also vomiting at the screening.
"There were also several incredibly drunk women vomiting in the aisle and corridor and several complaints from the other screen about drunk and rowdy folk," another witness said.
Meanwhile at another cinema in Glasgow, Cineworld on Renfrew Street, staff were searching people's handbags prior to entry to screenings, though it is not known what for.