Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

• 4 weeks later...

"Poor relations between the two parties heightened further in recent days with Celtic officials condemning the group's displaying of pro-Palestine flags, declaring the club is "not a political organisation."

Celtic are the most political football club in the UK, due to the very nature of their existence. They wave tricolours with little hesitation. 

It blows my mind that people try to separate football and politics. Everything is politics. 

Granted you can find overt expression for something distasteful and not something you like at the football, but freedom of expression is still allowed. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, CCB III said:

It blows my mind that people try to separate football and politics. Everything is politics. 

But all politics is nefarious manipulation of the masses by elites, best to separate the two as much as possible so folks can try and simply enjoy the game untainted imo

• Upvote 3
On 10/21/2023 at 12:18 PM, eeps said:

But all politics is nefarious manipulation of the masses by elites, best to separate the two as much as possible so folks can try and simply enjoy the game untainted imo

A very hard notion to adopt but you make an excellent point.

Too often the policies, activities, and inactivities of our governing bodies dictate what happens in our matches in terms of match results, apportionment of yellow and red cards, and the inconsistent decisions all officials (including VAR) are guilty of. 

17 hours ago, CCB III said:

Good on the Tims. Willing to see past my dislike for the institution and give their fans a pat on the back. 

Nice to see principles in football and not tribal bullshit all the time. 

What principles do Celtic have and adopt?🤔

They are arguably up there with being the most immoral, repugnant, dismissive, and contradictory football clubs that have ever been in existence.

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

How so? Are you suggesting that Palestine/Palestinians is/are a terrorist organisation? Is that not a bit... racist?

I see I've touched a nerve from a previous conversation. No, I sympathise greatly with all the innocents on both sides. Only Hammas are the terrorists. The GB have a dark side to them and if it was anyone other than them supporting Palastine, fine, but a support who continues to sing pro IRA songs?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but you are so wide of the mark there. Anyhow I appreciate you sticking up for your blinkered cousins. I detest actions of BOTH sides and can't understand why anyone would pick a side that has got nothing to do with us.

Yes, that's great and all but you did seem to call one side (of the 2 different nations) terrorists, not both sides. You said that, and also a couple of days ago you called people racists on another thread because they may have been critical of the other side. Very one dimensional.

Anyway, fuck the Tims 😂

On 10/20/2023 at 10:31 PM, RAZOR said:

They'll be soon tickling each others bellies once again. They need each other.

How many "political protests/displays" of the Green Brigade have CFC conveniently overlooked and permitted within their ground as well as their allocated sections at away grounds over the years?🤔

This being the same football club that never condemned the effigy of Kris Boyd's brother hanging from the rafters above the Green Brigade's section at Parkhead a few years ago, as well as standing in support of Palestine for some bewildering reason several years ago. 

CFC trying to distance themselves from politics is excruciatingly fallacious, as their foundations and reasons for their existence are borne of politics.

Did I mishear "Soldiers are We" being sung by the away fans again at Tynecastle yesterday? I must have as it is not a song about politics after all but is entrenched in homage to the game of football and their unwavering love of their club. (Aye, fucking right it is🤨).

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I see I've touched a nerve from a previous conversation. No, I sympathise greatly with all the innocents on both sides. Only Hammas are the terrorists. The GB have a dark side to them and if it was anyone other than them supporting Palastine, fine, but a support who continues to sing pro IRA songs?

Nope I couldn't really care less.

You can easily notice things like this though. hypocrisies and the like, when they are sooo obvious. Like I said in the previous post, you have jumped on the same topic in two different threads within a couple of days. Firstly calling people racist for not having your view on a thing, then being what I can only see as racist (bigoted at best) while giving your view on the same thing.

• 1 month later...