Are You For/against Gayism

caledonia

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for/against gayism

• FOR
    • AGAINST
    • NEITHER
    • SOME OF THE THINGS LISTED

Caledonia, I don't know how old you are but say you have kids one day and one turns to you and says they're gay, what will you do?

Jesus just live your life the best you can, that's a hard enough journey without hating other people into the bargain, I suspect you're pretty young but believe me things don't get any easier, just take care of yourself and let others do what they want, that's my advice mate, and I'm getting on a bit now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Who are the mapples? Is that a new slang term for homosexuals? I've never heard of that one before.

As you may have guessed, I'm in the same bracket as R_S here with the old "can't sleep won't sleep" thing.

Here's a fact. Being gay is unnatural. Now that's not derogatory, that's just going by the dictionary definition. I've heard (and heard of) people get(ting) into arguments about this very statement. I don't think it's that far off the mark. As far as wired wrong, I guess you could say that, but it's much more factual to say it's unnatural.

I'm not even going to attempt to read the big thread on this as I can't be arsed wading through which is, for the most part probably, ill informed bigoted pish.

Gay people should have every right to get married.

Gay people are not 'wired wrong' as someone on this thread put it.

They just happened to be attracted to the same sex, is it really such a big fucking deal?

It's a damning indication of our society that this is still being debated in 2013.

Let the gays do what the fuck they want.

I can't answer the poll as the question doesn't work for me. Like many people I expect, I'm not for or against being gay, or straight, or having abortions, or eating scampi every Thursday. I am for people being left in peace to live as makes them happiest by their own judgment, not mine. Generally speaking.

You pervert! :nono:

Graham Norton is a terrible comedian whose entire act is built on crass, homosexual innuendo. He does nothing to further the gay rights cause and plays to the stereotype to get cheap laughs.

As for "gayism"(i can't tell if you're intending to use that as a pejorative or not, but it appears kind of passive aggressive regardless), why would you need to be for or against it? Does the way two people choose to fuck each other really have much bearing on your life? I just don't get why people even care.

Right. Two daft posts out of the way, serious one time.

1. All for equal rights and responsibilities for couples whatever they are, including the right to have unions or partnerships recognised by law (with all the equal rights and responsibilities associated with that)

2. Marriage... up to churches to decide there for me. If you want to get married the church can decide whether or not to let you right now as a heterosexual couple. They've in many cases even more reason according to their beliefs and tenets not to let you get married in their churches if you're a homosexual couple.

So yeah, the legislation they passed on the face of it I totally agree with it.

Let any couple get a legally recognised union and if a church is willing to do it then it's a marriage.

"Teaching" homosexuality in school though... that's a very something way of saying things. It's not something you teach. You don't teach sexual preference. You can attempt to subvert it usually leading to personality defects (no, I'm not looking askance at many in this forum at all when I say that) but it is what it is. Hard wired.

Definitely ethics of equality should be taught in schools, which should cover it all including women getting the vote (bad idea like), slavery being abolished, coloureds getting votes, equal pay, civil partnerships, the limitations of equality and the reasons for them such as they are. And how some nations lag behind others, all good stuff to teach so we don't have a generation of morons. Again... again.

But eating scampi on every Thursday is still wrong.

Graham Norton is a terrible comedian whose entire act is built on crass, homosexual innuendo. He does nothing to further the gay rights cause and plays to the stereotype to get cheap laughs.

Hit on something there. I can not abide camp men: despise it with a passion, whether it is genuine or otherwise it comes across as try hard.

Worked with more than a few openly gay people, male and female but one was a guy who was the camper than camp type and really not fun being around that mincing nonsense. In that team with the camp guy there were 2 other gay guys and a lesbian and even they couldn't stand mr mincer for his "I'm free"ness.

It's personality that matters rather than sexuality.

As for "gayism"(i can't tell if you're intending to use that as a pejorative or not, but it appears kind of passive aggressive regardless), why would you need to be for or against it? Does the way two people choose to fuck each other really have much bearing on your life? I just don't get why people even care.

Is it?

I totally disagree.

Julian Clary/Stephen Amos maybe, but not Norton.

The woohoo has been loving caledonia's rants on the other thread on this...

:banghead: :banghead:

"Where will it end? Will they teach about gayism in schools?!?!???" :dontknow:

It's as if he thinks that kids being educated on homosexuality will lead to hunners of straight kids sticking their knobs up each other for a laugh. :millertime:

Someone this fucking bigoted is clearly a repressed bumder. Why anyone would give a fuck otherwise is completely beyond the woohoo... I mean, I literally can't see why a man getting married to another man could possibly annoy anyone unless they had to fight their own inner urges daily and resented those who weren't bitter and twisted as a result of coming out of the closet. :gay:

Let them get married. Let the churches operate on an opt-out basis. Everyone's happy. :dc:

• Upvote 3

I can't answer the poll as the question doesn't work for me. Like many people I expect, I'm not for or against being gay, or straight, or having abortions, or eating scampi every Thursday. I am for people being left in peace to live as makes them happiest by their own judgment, not mine. Generally speaking.

I'll slavishly follow the forum bird, as this is about right for me. I have a couple of bummer cousins, nothing wrong with either of them. Have worked with a number of uphill gardeners in my time too, some great lads, some right erseholes, just like abidy else.

However where I draw the line are the "oooo look at me I'm a big willy woofter" types like Graham Norton, Julian Clary and co. GTF wi that, I dinna care, and saying what a big fudger packer you are repeatedly isna funny in the slightest..

Caledonia, I don't know how old you are but say you have kids one day and one turns to you and says they're gay, what will you do?

Jesus just live your life the best you can, that's a hard enough journey without hating other people into the bargain, I suspect you're pretty young but believe me things don't get any easier, just take care of yourself and let others do what they want, that's my advice mate, and I'm getting on a bit now.

I dunno what would be worse, them coming out or saying they were the rangers supporters. Either way I'd throw them out and post on Aberdeen mad seeking advice from the community.

Personally eh am against gay marriage, gay adoption, gay parades, gay whatever. Thats my opinion.

But, its the less than subtle way gayness is being promoted on tv that gets my goat. Watch, for example, any property program, for example Location Location or Grand Designs, and at least one couple per series will be lezzers or poofs. If any of them are black, all the better for quotas.

The most recent Location last week had two dykes who wanted to find a house so they could "settle down and start a family" WTF? They are lacking one of the two vitals in doing that. Aye they can go find some donor or whatever, but it is wrong ffs.

• Downvote 2

I'm not even going to attempt to read the big thread on this as I can't be arsed wading through which is, for the most part probably, ill informed bigoted pish.

Gay people should have every right to get married.

Gay people are not 'wired wrong' as someone on this thread put it.

They just happened to be attracted to the same sex, is it really such a big fucking deal?

It's a damning indication of our society that this is still being debated in 2013.

Let the gays do what the fuck they want.

:gay: