The Official "anyone But Jimmy Calderwood" Thread.

Do you want Tangoman back?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tangoman back?

Cringeworthy stuff. Sounded like a slavering idiot. Convinced 90% of what he spouted was being made up on the spot.

Some of the nonsense he was coming out with was just incredible. His David Murray story a good example. It almost sounds like it belongs to an Only an Excuse sketch.

Sounded like what he was going on to say about Stevie Lovell was cut from the interview. Wouldn't surprise me after his treatment of Ryan O'Leary.

Whilst his league record in Scotland between 2000 and 2009 stands up quite well, it's not just those sort of stats that get you a job. Typical of the Glasgow love-in from the likes of Keith Jackson to go along with Jimmy and wonder why on earth he's been out of the game in Scotland for so long...

That interview was proof in itself as to why he isn't in football.

The guy is just priceless! Can't believe he's still trotting out that rubbish!

I reckon that in a few years he'l be one of those 'characters' who wanders around the streets talking to himself, periodically going up to strangers waving his arms frantically and shouting without realising he's scaring the kids, going, "I dunnae unnerstandit! Cun you unnerstan' it? Ah cannae! A cannae unnerstan' it! Jaap Stam, he Cannae unnerstan it! "

And long after we've forgotten he was ever the Dons boss, there'll be some young laddie starting a thread on here about, "Has anybody seen the Cannae Unnerstan' it Mannie on Union Street? What's up wi him?"

Said he was maybe going to be involved in setting up an academy (in England, or Scotland) but I think he's dreaming if he thinks anyone would let him near developing young footballers.

Could maybe see him going down the parks on a sunday & smashing a few kids mobile phones/computers & ripping off their jumpers & demanding they get used for goalposts or else. That's about his level of teaching kids to play football but that is just what parents should be doing nae coaches.

I think Calderwoods utterly miserable, pathetic media perfomance since he left AFC has been and continues to be the final nail in the coffin as it were for his career in Scotland.

As for outside Scotland he really has zero profile so nothing ever going to happen there unless with some complete shite club.

The man is his own worst enemy. Not only is he a shite manager, but he pops up regularly to prove he's also a weak minded, miserable, useless prick.

As for the attack on Willie Miller, there's more chance this will see fans demanding Willie is brought back and carried through the gates on a massive gold AFC shield than it will see anyone think, "oh that Willie Miller is a bad man, see how he bullied that poor, incompetent, fat, drooling, weird tanned, stupid haired, hun worshipping, annoying as fuck, whatshisname nice Calderwood mannie".

Yeah ok.

Fits the crack with Ryan OLeary?

O'Leary suffers from depression, snippet from the article:

"He added: “I just felt so far from home in Glasgow. Between that and my successive shoulder injuries, my problems were simply exacerbated. Steve Paterson’s replacement, Jimmy Calderwood, made it clear that he thought I was soft.

“At this point I hated life and I turned down a new three-year deal. His response was to freeze me out of the team at all levels.

“He even held a team meeting — in front of all the players — to tell everyone that they should steer clear of me, that I would be out of the game within 18 months because my attitude was so bad.”

O'Leary suffers from depression, snippet from the article:

"He added: “I just felt so far from home in Glasgow. Between that and my successive shoulder injuries, my problems were simply exacerbated. Steve Paterson’s replacement, Jimmy Calderwood, made it clear that he thought I was soft.

“At this point I hated life and I turned down a new three-year deal. His response was to freeze me out of the team at all levels.

“He even held a team meeting — in front of all the players — to tell everyone that they should steer clear of me, that I would be out of the game within 18 months because my attitude was so bad.”

The irony

No idea how any grown man from Scotland can take up a job in another part of Scotland and greet about being so far from home. Get a fucking grip for god sake, Scotland is a tiny fucking country and the cultural differences are hardly extreme.

Just fucking pathetic.

He was a young lad with issues.

A bit harsh.

He's rehashed this pish so many times that he's starting to get all sorts of details wrong. Noel Whelan at Dunfermline? Some mythical defeat to Partick Thistle?

Slurring his words at times, using words like "hingmy" and "fruitition" - this is a man whose main duty is (when employed) to communicate instructions to players.

Completely unprompted personal attack on Steve Lovell, ironically one of his better signings who he wasted unfathomably by signing Brewster and sticking with Mackie and even John fucking Stewart.

Just a wildly incoherent 20 or so minutes of slavered shite which vividly explains why no chairman has taken a permanent punt on him in nearly seven years.

Will never get a full-time job in Scotland again, although his cheerleaders in Glasgow media may help him to get an obscure post in some backwater. Manager of Guam or the like.

having just read that fucking drivel, words fucking fail me.......................................... NO THE DONT SO HAVE THIS CUNTO

fuck me chief you have every other cunts number in your contact book so fucking phone up Milne and ask him, he'll tell you that club backers sponsors, and the like were fucking sick you and the rest of hunboi 3.

the story of Clark being backed by you over the club emoployee that reported for being under the influence just sums you up.

you refused to back the clubs youth development, Milnes words not mine fatty.

look at the fucking state of you its fucking shameful whoring your self out to that rabbid huns McIntyre and wilson

gtf arsehole

Will never get a full-time job in Scotland again, although his cheerleaders in Glasgow media may help him to get an obscure post in some backwater. Manager of Guam or the like.

Even Bobby Williamson got gigs in Botswana and Kenya so within football circles Tango must be damaged goods.

Only heard about 10 mins of that interview last night but fkn cringeworthy. I applaud Willies stance on him