Soldier Killed By Two Attackers In Woolwich

should stop labelling crimes as X, Y, or Z motivated as if some how crimes are regarded as worse than than any other common

assault.

Should stop labelling people altogether.

If you divide a large group by any way at all those subgroups will band together and human nature is then to .

Yanks are the worst for this, they wear their gene heritage around like some badge of honour. whether thats Scattish American, Eyerish American, Afrikan American, grandpappy on ma mathers side was 1/16 Cherokee...

Here we have certain parts of cities set aside for certain groups, even in small cities like Aberdeen. Tory is Little Poland, Whitestripes (BoD) is little China, Fairview (Danestone) seems to be little Lagos. When that type of, for want of a better word, ghettoisation happens generalisations and then clashed will also happen.

If abdy was just labelled a person and councils stopped dumping groups together people would soon learn to get along and would get a better understanding of each others ways and customs.

fatjim,

you brought this "racist" attack into the debate, you need to do better than this in the future min.

the young lad who was tortured and set on fire by a gang of asians in glasgow was a race attack, this was not.

ask for better case studies at your next uaf meeting.

I actually gave key info to the police to break that case in Glasgow.

The policeman in the article is the one who is saying in a direct quote it looks like a racial attack.

It's up to you whether you want to disagree because your narrow worldview tells you to.

It isn't a racial attack till proven otherwise, if a white guy gets stabbed to death no one assumes a racial motive, why should this be different.

A man got killed, why fatjim linked it to a racist attack I don't know.

the knife went from back to front, the type of weapon usually used by a Asian for chopping goats and such like.

kelt, you usually are even headed but i think you're taking the side of the allah fans here due to your family, no offence.

Ok given that the article clearly alludes to it being a racially motivated attack which you clearly dispute on the grounds of your ignorance. Yet somehow you manage to completely ignore the police line of enquiry of it being a suspected racially motivated attack and bring in family feuds and the size of the knife indicating the user of the knife. Despite there being CCTV footage of a white man running from the scene. You have made a much bigger leap than I ever made. I carefully chose my words to say it alluded to a racial attack and that the police believe it to be a suspected racial attack.

It is you that needs to improve your reading skills and stop being an amateur sleuth pulling info out of your arse to maintain your racist agenda.

Correct, and I'm not saying any different. I'm suggesting it's a possibility because it's a possibility.

A man of one colour was killed by someone of a different colour for some unknown reason, The only visible evidence would point towards race. Of course it might not be. Then again it might.

:clangers2:

Well, now you're talking bollocks, and I'll tell you why.

First, I'm not taking anyone's side. I'm keeping a level head and not getting caught up in any of this ridiculous anti-Islamic hysteria, in the same way I wouldn't have got caught up in anti-Jew hysteria in 1930s Germany.

You were the one who made the outrageous claim that there's no sign of a racial motivation when, in fact, the only initial evidence shows someone of one race running from the scene of the murder of another race. You still haven't explained why you believe this is a 'family feud' nor why there's no possibility of this being racially motivated.

Secondly, neither myself nor my wife particularly care for Islam.

My negativity towards Islam is based on a negativity I have for all religion. I don't care for Islam. I find it misogynistic and backwards, even moreso than Christianity. But if that's how 1.5 billion idiots want to live their lives then the fuck do I care?

My wife's negativity towards Islam is based on her experience with the Islamic side of her family. Once again, she's not a Muslim. She has never been a Muslim, The only Demographic she dislikes more than Muslims is probably Texans... She probably has more reason to dislike Islam than 99% of the vocal muppets who shout how terrible Islam is.

Now given that I have largely negative feelings towards Islam, and given that my wife has even more negative feelings towards Islam than me, the notion that I "side with Islam because of my family" is horseshit. I'm sorry, but it is.

What I AM doing is presenting you with a rational argument. If you want to address that argument then fine, but trying to counter that by claiming that I'm 'siding with the mussies' because of some family connection isn't even addressing the argument, let alone countering it.

If you don;t have anything to add to the debate other than cheap shots or nonsensical claims then fair enough, I can proceed with that in mind.

Id say the attack was based on the establishment and not race, the attackers would have no idea of the actual race of the guy, if anything and being London his religious beliefs could be anything, when the IRA used to blow up people for fun, they didnt come knocking to ask those who were catholic to stay away from Harrods...they were attacking the establishment, the rational would be that this attack is more likely more towards the country's policy on war.... to me its not a racial attack, as if it were racial, a lot of civilians could have been taken out.

Ok given that the article clearly alludes to it being a racially motivated attack which you clearly dispute on the grounds of your ignorance. Yet somehow you manage to completely ignore the police line of enquiry of it being a suspected racially motivated attack and bring in family feuds and the size of the knife indicating the user of the knife. Despite there being CCTV footage of a white man running from the scene. You have made a much bigger leap than I ever made. I carefully chose my words to say it alluded to a racial attack and that the police believe it to be a suspected racial attack.

It is you that needs to improve your reading skills and stop being an amateur sleuth pulling info out of your arse to maintain your racist agenda.

Lets just stick to facts, it wasn't a racially motivated crime till proven otherwise, eos.

A white man jogging near the scene proves nothing, even if it was a white person who did it the crime may not have been racially motivated. Fact is if this was a white man murdered no one would be saying anything about his race, quite rightly so.

A leading neurologist at the University of Oxford said this week that recent developments meant that science may one day be able to identify religious fundamentalism as a “mental illness” and a cure it.

During a talk at the Hay Literary Festival in Wales on Wednesday, Kathleen Taylor was asked what positive developments she anticipated in neuroscience in the next 60 years.

“One of the surprises may be to see people with certain beliefs as people who can be treated,” she explained, according to The Times of London. “Somebody who has for example become radicalised to a cult ideology – we might stop seeing that as a personal choice that they have chosen as a result of pure free will and may start treating it as some kind of mental disturbance.”

“I am not just talking about the obvious candidates like radical Islam or some of the more extreme cults,” she explained. “I am talking about things like the belief that it is OK to beat your children. These beliefs are very harmful but are not normally categorized as mental illness.”

“In many ways that could be a very positive thing because there are no doubt beliefs in our society that do a heck of a lot of damage, that really do a lot of harm.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/30/leading-neuroscientist-religious-fundamentalism-may-be-a-mental-illness-that-can-be-cured/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/30/religious-fundamentalism-categorised-mental-illness-cured-_n_3359267.html?utm_hp_ref=uk#comments

Lets just stick to facts, it wasn't a racially motivated crime till proven otherwise, eos.

A white man jogging near the scene proves nothing, even if it was a white person who did it the crime may not have been racially motivated. Fact is if this was a white man murdered no one would be saying anything about his race, quite rightly so.

Well as I have said I didn't say it was a racially motivated attack. I said it was a suspected racial attack and that the article alludes to it being so. As for sticking to the facts. None of those facts say family feud and large knife commonly used by arabs. So either you have problems with the English language or you are just a racist apologiser or both.

So, the evidence suggests there's no way the murderer could have known this was a Muslim....

1c645_article-2318229-198DE6C2000005DC-2

And the guy sprinting away from the scene of the murder, in his jacket and jeans, was out jogging.

Don't forget the key piece of evidence that it was clearly a large knife used by an Arab because only Arabs have access to large knives. So the innocent jogger in his jeans wouldn't have had a large knife on him because white joggers don't carry Arab knives. Only a large knife used by Arabs could go through the body of a frail 75yr old man.

All of that from that article it's a wonder this case hasn't been solved yet.

..and, of course, who could suspect that the old lad with the brown skin and big beard, who had just left a mosque, and was walking througb an area where over 50 percent of the population is Muslim, who could suspect he might be a Muslim?

Certainly not the guy in jeans and a jacket who was sprinting away from the scene of the murder, at the time of the murder... because as an obvious jogger he was likely listening to his tunes and noticed nothing.

If he had noticed he probably would have helped the unfortunate victim by phoning an ambulance and performing the heimlich manoeuvre to free any bits of arabian knives he may have got stuck in his throat.

In fact the jeans jogger should be given a medal for the thought that he may have saved the poor Islamic gentleman, had he not been running away like a selfish health freak.

It's possible, just possible mind, that the jogger saw the old lad choking on a ceremonial Dhabihah lamb cutlet, and far from intending to brutally stab Mohammed to death was in fact attempting to perform an emergency tracheotomy in order to facilitate breathing or such.

Unfortunately, being a jogger and not a member of the emergency services, all he had was a large 'Arabian' knife... of the kind only licensed Arabians carry... and instead of sticking the knife in the old boys neck, he plunged the knife brutally into his back.

Repeatedly.

You know, this is starting to sound a lot more convincing than the earlier racially/religiously motivated murder theory.

It's possible, just possible mind, that the jogger saw the old lad choking on a ceremonial Dhabihah lamb cutlet, and far from intending to brutally stab Mohammed to death was in fact attempting to perform an emergency tracheotomy in order to facilitate breathing or such.

Unfortunately, being a jogger and not a member of the emergency services, all he had was a large 'Arabian' knife... of the kind only licensed Arabians carry... and instead of sticking the knife in the old boys neck, he plunged the knife brutally into his back.

Repeatedly.

You know, this is starting to sound a lot more convincing than the earlier racially/religiously motivated murder theory.

It's much more plausible because of these upstanding white citizens who want to protect this land that their ancestors came to and called home.

It's possible you have the restraint to merely headbutt a suspect, but then again Vigilante number 2 might think a nigger needs hanging. One of the (many, many) problems with vigilante justice is there's no formal training for those who appoint themselves sheriff. It's just do whatever the hell you like, probably had it coming anyway.

The day we resort to roaming gangs of vigilantes as a means of dispensing 'justice' is the day it becomes desirable to move to an Islamic theocracy.

I, personally, would say you can build a giant fuck off bonfire with every holy book ever written, as far as I'm concerned. To me there's no book, and there's no flag, that are so valuable that they counter freedom of speech or expression. Go ahead and burn them.. I've a spare Bible or two and a Book of Mormon you can have for kindling. If that's your non-violent protest against Islam or religion in general then you can do it with my full blessing.

Burning a Koran on the steps of a Mosque, however, tells me you've gone out of your way to create a physical confrontation. That goes beyond simple protest and traverses into the realm of provocation.

Now I don't know the law, so all I'm doing is telling you my opinion. The law these days would almost certainly arrest you for burning a Koran on the steps of a mosque, but by the same token you'd probably get arrested for burning a Bible on the steps of St Pauls, or a Torah on the steps of a synagogue.

I'm a pretty hard core atheist, my views on those who worship any kind of 'god' are no secret... I think they're fucking idiots, be they Christian, Muslim, Ba'hai, Jew, whatever... but I also maintain absolutely that they have the right to worship those gods in their own places of worship without me or any other protester giving them grief outside those places of worship. You want to worship a winged goat called Dave, fuck it, have at it... none of my business.. although my own personal opinion is you're a fucking idiot and Dave the Flying Goat doesn't exist.

Hallelujah!

• 2 weeks later...