Soldier Killed By Two Attackers In Woolwich

I'm a map! I'm a map! I'm a map!

(To the spot where I buried several dismembered hookers)

Ola! Mi nombre es le Ripper Yorkshire!

Dora: What was your favourite bit today?

Fatjim: I liked the bit when you asked me what my favourite bit was, dora.

Dora: me too.

Fatjim: That's a bit self obsessed isn't it?

• 1 month later...

I just read a news report from April, so not that long ago, of a 75 year old Muslim lad in Birmingham being stabbed to death in the street outside his house by a white guy.

Now I hadn't heard about this until tonight, in fact I wasn't even really looking for this kind of thing, but what was the response to this murder in Britain?

I know there was a massive outcry with the white soldier being murdered in the street by Muslims, it even reached this side of the Atlantic. What was the reaction to the murder of the old Muslim lad by this white guy?

Just looking for parallels. This isn't a trick/loaded question.

Was there the same media frenzy?

A 25-year-old Ukrainian man has appeared in court charged with the "terrorist-related" murder of an 82-year-old Muslim man in Birmingham.

Mohammed Saleem was stabbed as he walked home after prayers from a mosque in Small Heath on 29 April.
Pavlo Lapshyn, a student from Dnipropetrovsk, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.
Mr Lapshyn, who also faces terrorism charges, was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Thursday.
He is further charged with intending to commit acts of terrorism between 24 April and 18 July.
This relates to the alleged purchase of batteries, a container, and a clock to make an explosive device.
Mr Lapshyn is accused of visiting an area in the West Midlands to find a target, and of purchasing chemicals on the internet and modifying mobile phones for use with explosives.
  • 2 months later...

A Ukrainian student has admitted murdering an 82-year-old man who was walking home from a Birmingham mosque.

Mohammed Saleem was stabbed by Pavlo Lapshyn in Small Heath on 29 April, less than a week after Lapshyn had arrived in the UK.
At the Old Bailey, 25-year-old Lapshyn pleaded guilty to murder, as well as plotting to cause explosions near mosques in Walsall, Tipton and Wolverhampton in June and July.
He will be sentenced on Friday.
The postgraduate student, from Dnipropetrovsk in Ukraine, was living in Birmingham while on a temporary work placement in the city when he killed Mr Saleem.
The grandfather of 22 had been attending prayers at the Small Heath mosque and was just yards away from his home when he was stabbed three times.
Later, Lapshyn planted three bombs near three mosques in the West Midlands as part of a campaign he said was motivated by racial hatred.
He was arrested almost a week after an explosion near the Kanzul Iman Masjid mosque in Tipton on 12 July.
Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale described Lapshyn as a "self-starter" who would have been likely to go on to commit further offences, while in the UK on a year-long visa.
"He was motivated through what he had learnt himself - he was operating alone and not part of wider group," he said.
"He is an evil and ill-informed man, he was extremely dangerous.
"His motivation was that the white man was better than anyone else."
After his initial arrest for planting the explosive device outside a mosque in Walsall, he told police: "I would like to increase racial conflict."
When asked why he had targeted the mosque he replied: "Because they are not white - and I am white."
Mr Saleem's daughter Shazia Khan said: "He did not do anything to deserve this - other than be a Muslim.
"The effect of the trial process has been very difficult for the whole family; we have not had the peace to grieve for our father, but we are hoping for closure after sentencing on Friday.
"Hopefully he will get the sentence he deserves.
"We question why he did it, the reasons he has given we can't accept, for someone to commit such a heinous murder.
"It's such a pity he's wasted his whole life for personal hatred of a particular race."

The infamous "jeans jogger".

• 4 months later...

No point incarcerating them for what is essentially life (for both of them)... and I'm against execution except in the case of attacks on children... so Kelt Island for the pair of them.

That would cost the taxpayer the aviation fuel needed to fly them out to the Arctic Circle and wave them a fond cheery-bye.

Welcome to Kelt Island, I shall be your tour guide. If you have any questions please leave them until after orientation.

polar-bear-nicklen_3700_600x450.jpg

• Upvote 1

No point incarcerating them for what is essentially life (for both of them)... and I'm against execution except in the case of attacks on children... so Kelt Island for the pair of them.

That would cost the taxpayer the aviation fuel needed to fly them out to the Arctic Circle and wave them a fond cheery-bye.

Welcome to Kelt Island, I shall be your tour guide. If you have any questions please leave them until after orientation.

polar-bear-nicklen_3700_600x450.jpg

Has this not already been tried?

opn5g6.jpg

I am generally against the death penalty - killing them would only be to create martyrs.

The courts are only supposed to give a full life term if they think the person can never be rehabilitated - not as vengeance, (which the court has no business being interested in) - though public safety should always come first.

If they are saying they cannot ever be rehabiliated, it seems like an admission of defeat for our society in some sense.

I worry that the frequency of such violent fanatics appearing in our society will only increase. Currently 10% of UK children are muslims; I would expect them to be about 20% of the British population by the time I am an old man.

After they attacked Rigby, they were ranting on about the west "getting out of muslim lands" - I always feel like asking, so what the f*ck are you doing in our lands then?

I am generally against the death penalty - killing them would only be to create martyrs.

The courts are only supposed to give a full life term if they think the person can never be rehabilitated - not as vengeance, (which the court has no business being interested in) - though public safety should always come first.

If they are saying they cannot ever be rehabiliated, it seems like an admission of defeat for our society in some sense.

I worry that the frequency of such violent fanatics appearing in our society will only increase. Currently 10% of UK children are muslims; I would expect them to be about 20% of the British population by the time I am an old man.

After they attacked Rigby, they were ranting on about the west "getting out of muslim lands" - I always feel like asking, so what the f*ck are you doing in our lands then?

Didn't Christianity begin in Jerusalem?

• Upvote 1

Didn't Christianity begin in Jerusalem?

Aye...... but I am not sure what point you are making, sorry (?).

I don't resent Muslims (or anyone) living in Britain, all I was saying above was that I think its ridiculous that Muslims who live in Britain/ the west have the galll to get upset about western influence in chiefly muslim countries.