Soldier Killed By Two Attackers In Woolwich

• 7 months later...

don't know yet if it's related.

A soldier has been shot at the National War Memorial in Ottawa, CBC News has learned.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/soldier-shot-at-national-war-memorial-in-ottawa-1.2808710?cmp=fbtl

a fuckload of police and a couple ambulances have been flying up the street past my office. :(

not good.

and a few federal armoured trucks have flown by.

apparently, the gunman was first inside our Parliament Buildings and shots were fired in the Centre Block before taking off, shooting the solider at the war memorial, and is now on the loose.

If you need a Comforting Bosie, please head to deviants corner, you'll be greatly received

luckily the Prime Minister has been safely removed from the Parliament Buildings through the tunnels to somewhere undisclosed. and police are everywhere. the gunman is still at large though with his rifle.

thanks for the offer Poodler, but i'm fine thanks. and since i'm just a few blocks away, police have asked everyone to stay in their offices. so i'll have to visit DC another time. :wave: x

If you need a Comforting Bosie, please head to deviants corner, you'll be greatly received

Or, if she wants to dress up like a Japanese Cosplayer, I can meet Miss LGIR at the US/Canada border with some Choloroform and a roll of Duct Tape.

No timewasters.

Do the indians in canada count as asians? Only traditions I've seen them observe is Keith's.

I'm not positive, but I think Canada is possibly considered part of Asia, but if not then Cosplaying as any one of the Queen's Blade characters entitles you to Japanese citizenship. That has to be true.

1370594296_4.jpg

Soldiers innit

Play with matches get burned

to be frank, this comment annoyed me yesterday, but the activity downtown was still somewhat fresh.

i don't disagree, Bluto. it happens.

not to belittle what happened here yesterday in any way, but i'm a bit surprised to hear a variety of sources speaking this morning about this being our "9/11". seems a bit over the top for what happened. i know two soldiers have died horribly this week, but by what appear to be people acting on their own. hardly a co-ordinated terrorist attack on the country.

The Prime Minister said in a speech last night that "in the days to come, we will learn more about the terrorist and any accomplices he may have had. But this week's events are a grim reminder that Canada is not immune to the types of terrorist attacks we have seen elsewhere around the world."

sorry but this is hardly on the scale of 9/11, or car and bus bombings in the Middle East, or the IRA bombings in the UK, or a myriad of other terrorist attacks around the world. if this is the worst price Canada pays for any parts it's played militarily around the world, i can't see that we haven't gotten off lightly. and to say that we've borne a price equal to some of these other places is, i feel, is just wrong.

it was horrible that an unarmed young man was shot, point blank, while standing an honour guard at one of our most respected monuments. i have the deepest respect for the men and women in our armed forces, but hopefully what's happened this week awakens some Canadians to the idea that we're not safe in a little bubble up here, immune to what's happened in this world and the part we've played in it.

RIP Cpo. Cirillo

cirillo_zps2163050a.jpg

I'm not positive, but I think Canada is possibly considered part of Asia, but if not then Cosplaying as any one of the Queen's Blade characters entitles you to Japanese citizenship. That has to be true.

1370594296_4.jpg

I had no idea what Cosplaying was till I saw an article in todays Mail, interesting past time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2804392/Ambassador-Cosplay-speaks-groped-twice-streets-New-York-visiting-Comic-wearing-poncho.html