How Do You Feel About Homosexuals Right To Adopt Children?

When bairns fall over and hurt themselves, when they're sick and so on it's always their mothers they run to. Just in the same way the father has their role to play, it's just natural instinct.

Adoption is meant to be doing about what's best for the child as far as possible, and while there's a reasonable risk that potentially fucking with the above could cause psychological issues in later life, then surely choosing to place a child in that sort of scenario could be seen as not doing what's best for the child.

It's not like anyone gets a second crack at childhood.

Not in my experience.

Our loon will head for the nearest parent, regardless of whether it's me or his mother.

When he's hurt himself he doesn't have time to fuck around with who does what... it's, "Get me a Band-Aid™ and be quick about it."

I genuinely can't see any hurt kid ignoring the father and hunting around for its mother... that would seem pretty odd.

Not a case of ignoring the father, but women in general are more empathetic than men just as other traits are associated with males - a generalization perhaps, but in my view a child benefits from being brought up by a male and a female, and learning from the differing character traits associated with each gender.

Have a look online for John Bowlby's research into maternal deprivation and the attachment theory. He suggests that disruption to a child's attachment to a mother figure had potentially damaging consequences for their emotional development, and he also established a link between lack of maternal love and psychopathology.

Adoption is about what's best for the child, rather than what's best for homosexual couples, and however good parents they may be I'd need to see the above theory disproved beyond reasonable doubt before I change my view.

Has the above theory been proven in order for it to require disproving?

Keep in mind, data can be compiled in a variety of ways in order to satisfy a pre-determined, or required, conclusion.

A brief Google on his 'Attachment Theory' shows that by no means is this a proven, or even generally peer-accepted, theory, though I'm just skimming right now. I'm leaving shortly but will try to read some on the subject later.

First impression is that it's not really something that would require to be disproven, but would have to be proven to have validity first.

If you go to the swimming pool with your young son/daughter the said child can go to any changing room with his/her parent depending on sex.

Now if you have two fathers and the child is a girl

a - do you put them in the ladies changing room alone

b -do you put a young girl in the mens changing room

If you go to the swimming pool with your young son/daughter the said child can go to any changing room with his/her parent depending on sex.

You have 'Family' Changing rooms, where you go into a cubicle.

At least, you do in this country.

Not sure how it works in third world places, though.

You get one of your girl friends to take her! :checkit:

so where she would have had a mother she now has a friend of the gay dad

looks like a downside to me (wait a minute the gay lovers on here said there were no downsides)

If you had two gay dads, just think of how many females would be in the childs life. Would more than make up for a real mother.

You have 'Family' Changing rooms, where you go into a cubicle.

At least, you do in this country.

Not sure how it works in third world places, though.

Pretty much every pool I go to in or around Edinburgh has communal changing or family changing. I can't recall the last place I went to that had specific male and female changing.

Pretty much every pool I go to in or around Edinburgh has communal changing or family changing. I can't recall the last place I went to that had specific male and female changing.

there are lots that are not but dont let that get in your way

ok then what about department store toilets have not seen a lot of communal ones

What age are we talking here because I have no qualms about taking my daughter into a men's toilet.

These questions say more about your short comings than any tangible problem with gay men adopting children.

really?

REALLY?

where is MT when you need him

Would be ace if you were a girl and you had two gay dads. Could have slumber parties and have two people to do your make up and get an honest opinion on what to wear.

Nah one of the dads would be in front of the mirror asking the other if his arse looked big in this

Guest milne_afc

Nah one of the dads would be in front of the mirror asking the other if his arse looked big in this

Take your word for it, shirtlifter.

exactly my point two gays bringing up a young girl brings up all sorts of problems

Possibly when she gets to an age when she starts menstruating but even gay people have mothers that can help with these sort of things.

I still feel that the points that have been raised against gay men adopting children are really just surface issues that any couple might have to contend with.

Most of them are having to deal with narrow minded hate filled people who are really the problem.

Homosexuality and Islam are not a threat to society. Discrimination and ignorance are.

Kids up for adoption need a stable family home to go to, moving in with two woofters doesn't fit that criteria.

You can't eat your breakfast in peace when your two dads are polishing their leather caps and discussing nail varnish.

Someone earlier mentioned mossies, you can't put a kid into that environment even if they're half caste, just wouldn't be fair.

• Upvote 1

Kids up for adoption need a stable family home to go to, moving in with two woofters doesn't fit that criteria.

You can't eat your breakfast in peace when your two dads are polishing their leather caps and discussing nail varnish.

Someone earlier mentioned mossies, you can't put a kid into that environment even if they're half caste, just wouldn't be fair.

Equally a parent who is in his 40s and still revels in his hooligan past shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.

Neds are a menace and the speed of baby neds popping out is only going to make things worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fatjim,

You are a weak apologist, you're the type of person who would have laid back and let hitler tickle your belly, just a typical know all student type leftie who knows fuck all about real life.

I've probably saved your neck at football more than once, at the time you probably kissed the back of my hand.

• Upvote 2

Fatjim,

You are a weak apologist, you're the type of person who would have laid back and let hitler tickle your belly, just a typical know all student type leftie who knows fuck all about real life.

I've probably saved your neck at football more than once, at the time you probably kissed the back of my hand.

I am 41 and have plenty of life experience. I have seen plenty of hooligan nobs kicking off at the football and I have calmly walked away as they danced around each other like an extract from west side story.

You should be ashamed of yourself but you don't have the intelligence to realise what a twat you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1