U20's Thread

All 3 starting todays game with Estonia.

And they can all be extremely proud of their efforts. Dean has played the last two games at centre half oddly, but has stuck to his job pretty well, and as said got on the scoresheet last night. Ethan Ross has continued his good form for the the Dons 20s with a great hours work also, and Archie, although rarely in the action brought of a remarkable double save in the last minute. Im not sure the last time three Aberdeen players started a competitive international match together, but something the club should be pretty proud of.

And they can all be extremely proud of their efforts. Dean has played the last two games at centre half oddly, but has stuck to his job pretty well, and as said got on the scoresheet last night. Ethan Ross has continued his good form for the the Dons 20s with a great hours work also, and Archie, although rarely in the action brought of a remarkable double save in the last minute. Im not sure the last time three Aberdeen players started a competitive international match together, but something the club should be pretty proud of.

Does he look comfortable at centre half?

Obviously he would play anywhere just so he is playing, but i would imagine centre mid is his preferred position?

Does he look comfortable at centre half?

Obviously he would play anywhere just so he is playing, but i would imagine centre mid is his preferred position?

Hes played pretty well. Comfortable in possession and rarely wastes a pass. He got skinned when covering out wide in the last game, jumped in and turned his back when he thought the winger was about to cross. Thats his only FFS moment in two games. I suppose its pretty flattering to be trusted to do a job like that in important European qualifiers, but centre mid is definitely where he would prefer to be.

Hes played pretty well. Comfortable in possession and rarely wastes a pass. He got skinned when covering out wide in the last game, jumped in and turned his back when he thought the winger was about to cross. Thats his only FFS moment in two games. I suppose its pretty flattering to be trusted to do a job like that in important European qualifiers, but centre mid is definitely where he would prefer to be.

Good stuff.

As Donnet says, it'll also give him a better understanding of playing in those positions.

Good on him.

Hopefully on ere for the game tomorrow.

See the other day on flashscores.com they had Dean playing centre-back for the scotland U17's, ollie confirmed it.

He was CB against Estonia the other night, CM against Denmark today. Itd be good to nail down one position but if being versatile means he plays every minute of every game as he has done in this first round of Euro qualifiers, then its not the worst problem in the world to have.

Youth Cup match v Edusport.

Craddock, MacPherson, Harvie, Harrington, Mbayo ©, Roscoe, Antoniazzi, S Ross, Dangana, F Ross, Wells.

subs - Sharp (GK), Hutchison, MacKenzie, Shanks, Barron, Anderson, McLennan.

5-0 up after 49 mins.

Dangana, F.Ross, Antoniazzi(2) and Harvie with the goals.

Antoniazzi sounds like he's gonna be special

Ollie looking at how tepid our current CM is barring Shinnie do you think Dean or one of the Ross lads will get a FT chance this season ?

Id like to think (Hope) there may be one or two opportunities for some of the younger lads as the season progresses, but ultimately that depends on how the first team are doing. The players you mention above are all different types, but if were specifically talking about Deano then, if young Harry Cochrane who is performing so well in the centre of the pitch for Hearts, good player that he undoubtedly is, then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Dean has the capabilities to make an impact here. I know the expectations at Hearts are different to Aberdeens at the moment so I understand how difficult itll be for him, and any of the others to make the breakthrough.

Youth Cup match v Edusport.

Craddock, MacPherson, Harvie, Harrington, Mbayo ©, Roscoe, Antoniazzi, S Ross, Dangana, F Ross, Wells.

subs - Sharp (GK), Hutchison, MacKenzie, Shanks, Barron, Anderson, McLennan.

5-0 up after 49 mins.

Dangana, F.Ross, Antoniazzi(2) and Harvie with the goals.

Is Mbayo the first brother to captain an Aberdeen side in competitive action?

Or did someone like Kombouare get the armband in the past?