U20's Thread

Do you know what the meaning of starlet is? I think thats why MT is questioning you...

What term would you use and why do you feel starlet is inappropriate out of interest? Please don't go down the gender route, just to save you typing it. And don't go down the 'star' route either since we all know he had as many if not more stinkers than he had outstanding games. Apart from that fill yer boots.

What term would you use and why do you feel starlet is inappropriate out of interest? Please don't go down the gender route, just to save you typing it. And don't go down the 'star' route either since we all know he had as many if not more stinkers than he had outstanding games. Apart from that fill yer boots.

Do you know the definition?

Well, given that starlet refers to young, female actresses, gender has some part of it. That is what millertime is asking.

And dont worry, I wont go down the star route.

Even if you take the gender out of it a starlet in this context is probably a young player breaking through the youth ranks. That was never ever Hayes at Aberdeen.

OK, I was taking it more loosely as a player albeit relatively important to us that more importantly had the potential to go on and do better.

Point still stands. Hayes, whilst important to us, when taken as an average over all his performances wasn't pivotal particularly when you consider that, credit where its due and unlike others, he repaid us by signing the extension that then got us the cash to replace him albeit not with a single like for like player.

In Celtic's eyes, for the four games they paid us any attention at all he was pivotal, period. We didn't exist without him. They referred to his speed as "our only threat" (or words to that effect) in the cup final. Did they buy him just for his speed? Or, as is my opinion, did they buy him for both his speed AND to remove what they perceived to be a vital, in their eyes hopefully irreplaceable piece of our jigsaw.

Happy now? For the absence of doubt I'm really not giving two fucks either way.

• Downvote 1

Some goal from Deano there like. Bravo.

It was indeed a great strike by young Dean Campbell.Sometimes Dean can be quite laid back left foot elegance.This time,he nips in quickly to intercept and win the ball from the Hearts player,strides forward,opportunity for a shot opens up and brilliant strike into the top corner.Aberdeen fc media described it as 'A wonderful hit from young Deano !'. The inspirational chat with Andrew Shinie last week and top tips from Ollie on his own stellar career have obviously helped !!

It was indeed a great strike by young Dean Campbell.Sometimes Dean can be quite laid back left foot elegance.This time,he nips in quickly to intercept and win the ball from the Hearts player,strides forward,opportunity for a shot opens up and brilliant strike into the top corner.Aberdeen fc media described it as 'A wonderful hit from young Deano !'. The inspirational chat with Andrew Shinie last week and top tips from Ollie on his own stellar career have obviously helped !!

Toe Poke IMO.

Is it the the U20s playing the Edusport cup match on Sunday?

This Sunday is SFA Youth Cup 3rd Round day and the Young Dons come into the tournament to play French students Edusport Academy at Annan in Dumfriesshire.No known form for this team,beat BSC Glasgow last round.First team beat Rothes in Scottish Cup.

This Sunday is SFA Youth Cup 3rd Round day and the Young Dons come into the tournament to play French students Edusport Academy at Annan in Dumfriesshire.No known form for this team,beat BSC Glasgow last round.First team beat Rothes in Scottish Cup.

I think the game is being played in Glasgow.

Should take about 10 of them.