U20's Thread

Tickets available walk up on the night ! I am pleased Thursday night is the date,can't beat two games two nights in a row.Can remember 2001 final at Hampden against Celtic,about 2,000 crowd either side of the main South Stand.Early goal for the Young Dons,2-0,result never in doubt.A similar result and display would do nicely.Got it into my head we would be playing Celtic again.Hibs are a fine side and will not be straightforward.

How many loyalty points you got?

How many do you think?

Round up to nearest 1000th if you need.

Tickets available walk up on the night ! I am pleased Thursday night is the date,can't beat two games two nights in a row.Can remember 2001 final at Hampden against Celtic,about 2,000 crowd either side of the main South Stand.Early goal for the Young Dons,2-0,result never in doubt.A similar result and display would do nicely.Got it into my head we would be playing Celtic again.Hibs are a fine side and will not be straightforward.

Teams from that day mate

Celtic: - Allan Morrison, David van Zanten, Stephen McManus ©, Peter Flynn, John Kennedy, Stephen Jack, Anthony McParland, Mark Fotheringham, Bryan Prunty, Shaun Maloney, Graham Fyfe. Mark Casey came on for Stephen McManus and David Murphy came on for Stephen Jack. Subs not used were Stephen Pinkowski, Craig Beattie and another I didn't get the name of. Named in the squad but not stripped were Troy Douglin, Simon Lynch, Chris Millar and Mark Molloy. Willie McStay was coach.

Aberdeen: - Mark Peat, Stephen Payne, Scott Morrison, Terry Kidd, Kevin McNaughton, Murray McCulloch, Darren Mackie, Ross O'Donoghue, Scott Michie, Fergus Tiernan, Bob Duncan. Alan Carella came on for Terry Kidd. Subs not used were Murray Watson, Calum McKenzie and Calum McHattie. Not stripped were Duncan Jones, Kevin Souter, James Pritchett, Steven Turner, Richie Fraser. Drew Jarvie was coach.

Dress rehearsal of the Cup Final vs Hibs at 2pm. No senior players involved.

Aberdeen Under 20s – Craddock, Harrington, Harvie, Campbell ©, MacPherson, Roscoe, McLennan, S Ross, Dangana, Anderson, E Ross.

Substitutes – Mair (GK), Antoniazzi, Virtanen, MacKenzie, Robertson, Chesser, Shanks.

Are we and hibs allowed to play 5 over age players like usual? I presume there must be some kind of gentlemen's agreement to only play youth players for this match.

No gentleman's agreement. It's a rule of the tournament that it's purely for U20's, so will be a very different team to the one we faced the other day. Will still be a very difficult game though.
  • Upvote 1