Aberdeen V Dundee United (0 - 3)

Nah, I'm giving you the wanker hand gesture.

What other sort of 'tactics' should he employ at home them - oh special one?

Perish the thought eh... a home team attacking the visitors.

As for your insistence on continually insulting our keeper, I be as well block you as well. This site is far better reading when not dealing with pish like yours or Redstar's

I would like to see a game started with a left side that didn't have a centreback who looks hugely uncomfortable at left back and a guy who should now only be back up central midfielder at left wing.

Then, for all the attacking in the second half, it was really lacking shape, and very narrow. It was only really the last 15-20 minutes where Pawlett had a good go at Watson.

I'd have said that beyond an individual mistake for the first goal (and collective for the second, with neither Considine nor Langfield taking responsibility for the situation, though thing Considine giving up was the worst of the two), the main issue today was the tactics and the personnel utilised in it.

There is no Plan B… Simple as...

4-2-3-1 is so fucking predictable now. You've got a squad - USE THEM. If they ain't good enough bin them. Either these "kids" are ready or they ain't, and if they aren't why not ? Shankland and Wright should be on every bench and getting 20 mins whatever the score. Sign a fucking Left Back for fuck's sake, and get these fuckers doing shooting practice.

There's absolutely NO excuse for getting pumped 3-0, at home by ANYONE in this league. End of. Those days should be long gone by now. Now get the fuck back on the horse and make sure you get the three points against Killme on Weds, preferably giving them a right doing...

There is no Plan B… Simple as...

4-2-3-1 is so fucking predictable now. You've got a squad - USE THEM. If they ain't good enough bin them. Either these "kids" are ready or they ain't, and if they aren't why not ? Shankland and Wright should be on every bench and getting 20 mins whatever the score. Sign a fucking Left Back for fuck's sake, and get these fuckers doing shooting practice.

There's absolutely NO excuse for getting pumped 3-0, at home by ANYONE in this league. End of. Those days should be long gone by now. Now get the fuck back on the horse and make sure you get the three points against Killme on Weds, preferably giving them a right doing...

That was a bizarre 4-2-3-1 today if it was meant to be one.

Sitting on a bus/plane is not exactly like putting in one of the hardest shifts I've seen an Aberdeen side do for many a year. Thursday was one epic effort from our guys... not to mention the mental effort that took. That in itself is a factor in tiredness.

Look, no one is denying we didn't play well today. No one. Obvious factors are there for us all to see. Errors, making wrong decisions, tiredness, lack of invention. Buy into it, or don't. It makes little difference in the grand scheme of things. We'll bounce back. We've seen it from these players before.

This is right enough.

Considine was shit and didn't seem to care how bad he was.

Absolutely pumped at home on the first day of the season. :clangers2:

Reading a lot about the players in this thread, but McInnes has to wear a lot of the blame too. It's his team and he's had a whole summer to sort this out. Getting hosed 0-3 at home by anyone in the SPFL is totally unacceptable.

Not sure why Ash Taylor was signed? A left back should have been an absolute priority, allowing Considine to deputise for Anderson and Reynolds.

I'm assuming that the budget is gone? So McInnes is going to have to do some wheeling and dealing in the weeks leading up to the end of the transfer window. If McGinn can be moved on to provide some cash and wage budget breathing room, then we're just going to have to deal with it.

No, I meant two days. Anyone who has played football, ran a half marathon, done any hard workout, knows that it takes a bit of time to recover properly.

This is by no means the excuse for our pish performance today, but it was most certainly a factor.

Don't let that get in the way of anyone's typical over reaction, hounding of certain players or just general knicker twisting theatrics. Eh Fucked-on-Shandy?

:hysterical: Genius

This tired excuse was used at end of last season also. Even though St Johnstone had played a longer season than us.

Our biggest weakness is McInnes's failure to come up with a game plan to play sides that play a counter attacking game against us. That & the fact that he hasn't improved the first team from last season.

Summer window has been a major anti climax from what was overall a very good season last season.

Doubt we'll get as much from both Robson & Anderson as we did last season. We got very lucky regarding those two aging players & we'd have to be VERY lucky to get that again.

Not writing off this team in the slightest but certainly not expecting any kind of improvements from this current team compared to last seasons either which is quite sad, as we should have built on that team rather than just aiming to maintain it. You may see this as me being negative but that's up to you & is the difference in our attitudes towards Aberdeen.

Agree all this we were tired pish does not wash with me either

They should try playing tennis for up to 5 hours every second day not for 90 minutes where they are lucky if they touch the ball for 10 minutes a game

If any of my players said they were tired i would tell them to get to fuck and man up

Spon On....

Mental tiredness is diff to physical tiredness tho, I think maybe

some of their heads were still swirling round the toilet bowl after giving

their all against RC on Thursday..

That affects you more than physical tiredness, They cant

use the physical side as an excuse this early in the season.

I can't believe the pish people are posting here. Th mighty aberdeen should never lose 3-0 to anyone?

I actually think some folk on here have been destroyed by the last 20 years. Never mind the players being mentally or physically fucked, it's the fans that need looked at.

Good luck to the dons on weds, it appears only 5- 0 destruction of Kilmarnock will suffice.

at the time GW made me eat those words

He was hopeless yesterday though. Missed an absolute sitter put on a plate for him by Pawlett which would have completely changed the game. Not sure what he was thinking. Took his foot away from it when all he had to do was pass it into the net.

Then his attempt at scoring the header near the end...all the time in the world to direct it towards a goal with no keeper present. Shocking attempt.

Sounds like we are really missing Anderson?

100% correct. Missed him badly. Also, if we had signed a bloody LB, then Considine could have been in at CB. Being hung out to dry at LB by another bloody manager.

Taylor at fault for both goals, first one an absolute shocker.

Shocking effort for 1st goal. Felt a bit for him as looked ok up til then.

2nd was nothing to do with him.

Notice some blaming Robson, but he lost the ball close to United's penalty area.

Was a good through ball and run (which looked offside but having just watched on redtv, was level) which caught Considine for pace. Again...sort that LB oot DM.

If Langfield had his wits about him he could probably have intercepted.

Sort of lay on the ground to let the half hit shot bobble past him.

3rd een, obvs on the counter, but the boy that scored was Flood's man.

He lost him, simple as.

No real pass marks for me apart from shay Logan,

My pass mark were for Pawlett & Jack.

Pawlett had them skinned down the left on many occasions (despite 3 guys haring after him)...pulled a few decent balls back across the box which nobody had the forethought or ambiton to get on the end of.

Jack had a very impressive match I thought. Did everything asked of him very well.

Champions League Tue or Wed..... their games usual deferred to Sunday. They have ample time to recover. We have a much smaller squad in any case.

CL games are on a Wednesday, and they dinna move Saturday games for them.

We actually made a heap of clear chances in that game.

Unfortunately our downfall was getting not getting enough efforts on target.

McGinn's shot off the post could possibly have been turned in by one of the dons players in the direction of the shot. I think he should have buried that chance in the 2nd half too...or clipped back to Goodwillie (who missed 2 sitters of his own), nut instead blazed over.

As he did with a few good opportunities from set plays/good positions.

We opened them up/got behind them on many occasions in the 2nd half without managing to get the final ball right, or even get any break of the ball at all.

There looked a certain penalty when Rooney was taken out by the keeper. Can't see it that well from the TV camera angle, but from the RDS, Rooney 100% took the ball before being clipped by the keeper.

Trying to take some positives from that game...one of those games that anything that could go wrong does and nothing breaks for you. Was never a 3-0.

No excuses though :rolleyes: ...McInnes himself could have averted many of our failings in this one by having the right personnel in place and by utilising the squad better.

The tired excuse does not wash. There were easily 3 or 4 players on the bench who could have came from the start for anyone showing signs of tiredness.

This unwillingness to utilise his squad certainly cost us towards the end of last season, or even from the LC win onwards.

No point making excuses about it now if you can't learn from those lessons which cost us 2nd place for certain and possibly the Scottish Cup too.

I can't believe the pish people are posting here. Th mighty aberdeen should never lose 3-0 to anyone?

I actually think some folk on here have been destroyed by the last 20 years. Never mind the players being mentally or physically fucked, it's the fans that need looked at.

Good luck to the dons on weds, it appears only 5- 0 destruction of Kilmarnock will suffice.

Get a grip of yourself.

A 0-3 gubbing at home, from another SPFL team, should never be tolerated. Not even by fans of St. Mirren or Partick Thistle.

If we, as a club, start accepting that kind of result and performance in a home SPFL fixture, then we're heading back to the bad old days.

• Upvote 1

Considine should not be playing within the first 5 mins it was clear he didnt have the pace to keep up with the player he was marking I thought taylor did ok fair enough his back pass was poor but if langfield was more alert he could easily have got to it we missed hhayes big time I have a feeling if goodwillie can get a goal ge will start firing them in he just looks low on confidence

Another who totally misses the point.

Okay, well done Aberdeen on your efforts of losing 3-0 to Dundee United, a rival.

Very unlucky and we completely tolerate AT HOME a defeat of that magnitude. Well done, give yourselves a pat on the back players, you were excellent in your defeat, if you want to lose 3-0, you have to do it in style and you boys did.

Holy fuck.

What is the point? There's toys being thrown everywhere so I can barely see one people are making.

We lost a game 3_0, its not good, shit happens. Much like beating Groningen was just another game, so was Sunday.

Personally I don't see the point ranting and raving about it. I'm not saying you are but that's the general tone

• Upvote 1

Nah, I'm giving you the wanker hand gesture.

What other sort of 'tactics' should he employ at home them - oh special one?

Perish the thought eh... a home team attacking the visitors.

As for your insistence on continually insulting our keeper, I be as well block you as well. This site is far better reading when not dealing with pish like yours or Redstar's

Do you prefer to use the block button or the stare of death you fanny?

How anyone can use the tired excuse on the first SPL game of the season is beyond me. This 2 day bullshit is a load of crap as well. It's 3 days, 3 sleeps. Your body recovers while you sleep. Teams playing in Europe do it week in week out with either playing on a Wednesday then Saturday or Thursday then Sunday. Just as well we got pumped out of Europe if we're going to use that excuse.

• Upvote 1

Biggest things from yesterday for me were:

• Considine or Taylor needs to go and we need a proper left back in. Not sure why Taylor was signed to be honest but he has been and after Andy's perceived lack of ambition through social media I'd say he needs to move on.
  • Langfield after all these years still hasn't learned that lumping the ball forward against one large and another giant centre half isn't the answer.
  • Robson doesn't seem to have the legs anymore, didn't play midweek and looked terrible from the off, no excuse. Time may be up for him.
  • Hayes was suspended, the guy Jeff was brought in as a winger why not put him in straight swap? What's the point in signing him to not play? Even put Cammy in and push Pawlett wide, game was crying out for width.
  • Robson, Jack and Flood in the same team doesn't work.
  • McGinn is one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen wear red. Doesn't pass and his final ball most of the time is horrendous. Why he takes so many set pieces I've no idea.

All of these are the same as last season, I don't think we have moved on at all in fact with Robson and Anderson a year older I'd say we are a poorer side from last season. A lot of work ahead for DM or the good work last season risks being undone.

Now is not the time to over react - if we won yesterday we still wouldn't win the league - as we lost we are still not going to be relegated.

However - DM needs to shape up

We have had a poor transfer window as there are obvious deficiencies unaddressed

We are "expected" to finish second so9 teams will do the following

Man Mark Peter Pawlett

Play behind the ball and play on the break.

Indeed they did that from the League Cup Final onwards

As our record shows we have not yet found an answer - unless of course losing is considered an answer.

This lies at DM door.

• Upvote 1

Do you prefer to use the block button or the stare of death you fanny?

How anyone can use the tired excuse on the first SPL game of the season is beyond me. This 2 day bullshit is a load of crap as well. It's 3 days, 3 sleeps. Your body recovers while you sleep. Teams playing in Europe do it week in week out with either playing on a Wednesday then Saturday or Thursday then Sunday. Just as well we got pumped out of Europe if we're going to use that excuse.

Aye tiredness is a bit of a pishe excuse, not like we were playing a team away in Eastern Europe with a cunt of a commute home.

If anything the several competitive games played, should of made Aberdeen better placed to start the league better than the rest.

• Upvote 1

Hayes was a miss. No width on the left especially with Robson drifting infield then giving the ball away leaving Considine well exposed. He's not a left back at the best of times.

Failure to get players for key positions will cost us.

Why why why are we not using money made from Europe to strengthen?????

RUL, you speak much sense mate. As you often do.

We really do have a lot of amateur dramatists for fans, no perspective at all.

This is just one game. And against a very good counter attacking team at that. United's strength is the exciting attacking play when all their players are in the mood - their weakness is consistency. We are more consistent, but we don't yet play with the flair they do on occasion.

The real story is that after years of utter garbage we have a semblance of a team, a system and the makings of a squad. There are plenty of area's McInnes can yet improve and that is a good thing, ie the opportunity is there to make the next step and we have a good manager in place to do it.

Some positives to consider:

- the team acquitted themselves well in europe and will have learned a little from the Groningen and Real Sociedad games

- we have some good youngsters and now is the perfect time to bleed them into a solid team. McInnes will I'm sure start to do this over the season.

- we've yet to see what Taylor and Brown can do once settled in and given a few games to prove themselves

- McInnes has a system that works well, if he can add an effective plan B then we will really be in a far better place than we have for years, just for that alone.

- the winger on loan has yet to make a debut, will be interesting to see what options he can provide

- hopefully another player or maybe even 2 to come into the squad

What I'd like to see is a little better scouting, Hearts and Dundee Utd have picked up some good young foreign players, surely we can be find similar talents?

I'd like McInnes to use some of the young lads just a little more, we rely just a little too much on Flood, Robson etc every single week.

Two bad mistakes killed the game for us. That first one was a killer blow as it played right into Dundee United hands with their sitting back, playing hoofball counter attacking, anti football tactics. Anyone else hear the jizz fest on BBC Scotland after the game? "United played brilliant" etc etc. They were utter horse, last season the United fans talked about how much good football they played and how we played crap football, well based on Sunday i'd say United played some horrible "football".

Anyways, we started the game ok then we conceded. That pushed United back and we failed to take any of our chances. McGinn needs a kick up the arse. His greediness and piss poor finishing ensured that we weren't going to score. There was the 45 yard pass back / shot where, I believe, Pawlett was running through and could have been slid in. That really pissed me off.

Robson was dire.

Flood needs to stop fannying about and doing a wee turn everytime he get's the ball and just keep it simple.

Jack was decent.

Goodwillie was decent, he links up better with other players than Rooney does, but it's difficult to tell how deadly he is infront of goal as we've created very little in the last few games.

Taylor looks poor.

Considine isn't suited to our style of play, although he tried his best.

Can't be arsed looking back at the rest, i'd need to see the goals again to really judge.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely shocking from everyone bar maybe Pawlett & Low yesterday.

Taylor to blame for the first. Mini summed it up well, tries to play football but he's just not good enough to. Although his bird (I think it was his bird) was sitting a couple of rows in front of me today and she is unreal, so he can stay for a while.

Langfield to blame for the second - anyone that says he was "bit slow of his line" probably would say "Hitler only killed a couple of Jews" If the mongol had any brains whatsoever he'd have seen the danger and come off his line about a week before he did. Instead he was too busy waving at the Dundee United fans and clowning about. It happened not long before the goal as well, stood there planted before Reynols (I think) had to bail him out. McIness was going mental at him for staying put, 5 minute later he did the same. Tit. Was he as slow to come off his line before the brain injury? Either way the prick should never play for Aberdeen again, he is an embarrassment.

McGinn is another one that can bolt. Beside a 5 minute spell in the first half there was zero effort from him again. The wee tim prick has been pish for 12 months now.

Goodwillie was a disappointment - the boy has a load of ability but his head is shot to pieces. He needs counselling more than coaching.

Flood & Jack were awful on the ball, Reynolds can't command a back line, Considine isn't a left back. Logan didnt cross the half way line after the first half. Robson was a shambles.

McInness was to blame most of all for yesterday. Never mind no plan b, there was no plan a. He said on the radio that the players had Friday/Saturday off, and you could tell. The defence had no idea how to deal with any of the United front 4 yesterday, Taylor and Reynolds especially were all over the place positionally. Then constant long balls up top that their big bald centre half mopped up every time, it wasnt until the last 15 minutes until we ran at their full backs. Surely any research on them pre season would have told you that boy was winning everything in the air. The substitutions were awful yesterday, Rooney should have been on for Goodwillie at half time. Low wasn't too bad when he came on but I've never seen him take control of a game as a sub which is exactly what we needed. What was the point of signing that Jeffrey dude? His signings (those unproved at SPL level) yet again questionable. We've been mostly pish since mid Februrary bar 3 or 4 games. He's rightly earned loads of respect and patience from the fans but he must do much better if we are to push on from last season.

Absolutely shocking from everyone bar maybe Pawlett & Low yesterday.

Taylor to blame for the first. Mini summed it up well, tries to play football but he's just not good enough to. Although his bird (I think it was his bird) was sitting a couple of rows in front of me today and she is unreal, so he can stay for a while.

Langfield to blame for the second - anyone that says he was "bit slow of his line" probably would say "Hitler only killed a couple of Jews" If the mongol had any brains whatsoever he'd have seen the danger and come off his line about a week before he did. Instead he was too busy waving at the Dundee United fans and clowning about. It happened not long before the goal as well, stood there planted before Reynols (I think) had to bail him out. McIness was going mental at him for staying put, 5 minute later he did the same. Tit. Was he as slow to come off his line before the brain injury? Either way the prick should never play for Aberdeen again, he is an embarrassment.

McGinn is another one that can bolt. Beside a 5 minute spell in the first half there was zero effort from him again. The wee tim prick has been pish for 12 months now.

Goodwillie was a disappointment - the boy has a load of ability but his head is shot to pieces. He needs counselling more than coaching.

Flood & Jack were awful on the ball, Reynolds can't command a back line, Considine isn't a left back. Logan didnt cross the half way line after the first half. Robson was a shambles.

McInness was to blame most of all for yesterday. Never mind no plan b, there was no plan a. He said on the radio that the players had Friday/Saturday off, and you could tell. The defence had no idea how to deal with any of the United front 4 yesterday, Taylor and Reynolds especially were all over the place positionally. Then constant long balls up top that their big bald centre half mopped up every time, it wasnt until the last 15 minutes until we ran at their full backs. Surely any research on them pre season would have told you that boy was winning everything in the air. The substitutions were awful yesterday, Rooney should have been on for Goodwillie at half time. Low wasn't too bad when he came on but I've never seen him take control of a game as a sub which is exactly what we needed. What was the point of signing that Jeffrey dude? His signings (those unproved at SPL level) yet again questionable. We've been mostly pish since mid Februrary bar 3 or 4 games. He's rightly earned loads of respect and patience from the fans but he must do much better if we are to push on from last season.

Any chance Brown will come in for Langfield next game?

I'd like to see him given a chance, Langfield has had plenty.