Out Of Contract

Is there any substance to this Hayes rumour or is it just idle speculation since we're all bored this close season?

For what it's worth i don't think i'd have him back. It's never as good second time around.

Where would we have been without Eoin?!

I think it's just bored summer fitba chat.

Hayes was usually one of our better performers against the Tims. I'm not adverse to him coming back with something to prove.

Same. He's worth the risk IMO. If we get half the player back then we're improving on so many from last season.

Celtic have finished Hayes career.

They knew what they were doing, and Hayes was unfortunately too stupid to see it.

We made a good bit of money out of the deal.

If it hadn't been for the leg break, I'd have thought about it.

I wanted McGinn back and he's been honking, I don't want Hayes as well.

good bit of money??? £698k or some such by the look of it. So nae a good deal at all considering how Hayes could have helped us this season

Even if Hayes has lost a little pace (which I doubt) because of his broken leg. He's far from over the hill still.

His graft & attitude is not something you can train into a player. Some players just have that naturally & he has it in spades.

Yes some players (Darren Mackie) relied on that alone as their skills are lacking but Hayes very often brings the full package onto the field & even his poorer games weren't that much of a disappointment most of the time.

I'd certainly take him back & even though he is a wee cunt for going to them, we cannot really blame/grudge him giving it a go. He clearly went for the money & hope of getting a better crack at his national side. Cannot blame him for believing in himself that he'd get more games for them.

He would be far better than anyone we've fielded since he left, so unless McInnes finds better (which I strongly doubt) then of course he'd still be a great signing. McInnes would take him back in a heartbeat

I'm pretty happy with GMS playing on the left hand side. I don't see the value in bringing a guy who'll be 31, we'll have to pay a fee for and who will be a top earner.

Hayes was a great player for us but it doesn't make sense to spend a large chunk of our budget bringing him back.

good bit of money??? £698k or some such by the look of it. So nae a good deal at all considering how Hayes could have helped us this season

Thought it was meant to have been £1.1 million?

Typical Aberdeen accepting peanuts. Same as the "£1 million" we got for Anderson (£700k)

Milne really is a fucking wet lettuce

We shouldn't in anyway be looking at getting anyone in over 30. No resale value whatsoever. I'm sorry as much as I loved seeing Hayes in red having him back is not the answer and it's lazy scouting and recruitment if he ever did come back. We should be raping and pillaging the best Scottish talent and most importantly developing our own. If we do want to compete effectively in the future it's going to be about selling players like McKenna and Shinnie when the time is right and maximising that money in the transfer market.

I think it's bullshit that clubs don't have to release the transfer fees. It should be a totally transparent process with the fee, payment structure and any clauses being made public knowledge. It would stop the club claiming, or at least enabling rumours of, high transfer fees when in reality they're taking fuck all. I've seen anything from 700K-1.5M for Hayes reported.

• Upvote 1

I think it's bullshit that clubs don't have to release the transfer fees. It should be a totally transparent process with the fee, payment structure and any clauses being made public knowledge. It would stop the club claiming, or at least enabling rumours of, high transfer fees when in reality they're taking fuck all. I've see anything from 700K-1.5M for Hayes reported.

Would be interesting. Means clubs couldn't talk up what they got or paid to appear like billy big baws either.

Problem with the valuations in the media is they can be calculated in a few different ways - total value of the deal (including wages etc), cost to the buying club (including agent fees, signing fees etc), income earned for the selling club. So when you see a headline for a player moving at 1.5m its pretty vague what that really means to the club selling.

Of course, we should be able to see a lot of it in the annual accounts but then the fees are also often staggered so if a club sells a few players it would be pretty hard to know how much each one went for I think.

Guest RosemountRed

I think it's bullshit that clubs don't have to release the transfer fees. It should be a totally transparent process with the fee, payment structure and any clauses being made public knowledge. It would stop the club claiming, or at least enabling rumours of, high transfer fees when in reality they're taking fuck all. I've seen anything from 700K-1.5M for Hayes reported.

I agree.

I'm not wanting him back.

We got his best years out of him and we made some money on him. Not too many players we can say that about in recent years.

We should be looking to find the next Hayes. Caley managed to find him in the dreggs of the English fitba leagues, surely we can find somebody somewhere who'd be as good for us.

We've already got GMS and Wright on the left wing. I don't think we need another LW. We could do with somoene on the right, but with McGinn back, I doubt this is a position we'll be looking at,

Get the midfield and defence sorted out before looking at bringing back a broken 31 (July) y/o for a position we've got plenty of cover for already.

Not sure where you got that figure from tord but I remember reading somewhere that it's rare for a club to get all the cash for a player sale in 1 lump so if it's from the annual report we may see more of that coming next year.

I can't check the report from here but is the figure just transfer income or is it income - spend?

I went and picked up the figure from the accounts we got £667k.

It could well be that we had more staged payments to follow - possible might find out in the next accounts

It could well be that we had further triggers to hit eg champs league groups/32 - possible might find out in the next accounts

It could well be we got Christie for free ie we contributed zero to his weekly wage - we'll never find out that one

I went and picked up the figure from the accounts we got £667k.

It could well be that we had more staged payments to follow - possible might find out in the next accounts

It could well be that we had further triggers to hit eg champs league groups/32 - possible might find out in the next accounts

It could well be we got Christie for free ie we contributed zero to his weekly wage - we'll never find out that one

If we are still due further top ups for Hayes, maybe they will cancel them & release him back to us for free.

I wouldn't want us paying a fee for him but canceling a further installment of a few hundred k to get him back would be ok.

Just means we lost our best player for a year (& saved on his wages) & were compensated by the £700k which was basically used on lesser replacements.

Hayes has a few years left & is a reasonably safe bet. If he becomes available I would prefer us to have him than any of our close rivals.

As much as I loved Hayes at the dons taking him (and to a certain extent taking mcginn back in Jan) is an admission that we've never replaced them and are failing to phase through a new squad for the future.

As good as the front three of Mcginn Rooney and Hayes have been over the years it's time to move on.

We need to start rebuilding a new generation sooner rather than later. A lot of the core of the squad of a few years ago have either now left (Jack McLean Hayes) or are arguably past their best and are hitting 30+ (Considine, Reynolds, Rooney, Logan).

The longer we take to address these key positions (as well as the ones this summer) the tougher it's going to be when all these guys are hitting 34 and over.

Any of you guys that are saying Hayes is too old & a pointless signing because no sell on value wanting us to sign Mulumbu?

He's even older lol & would probably command as big a wAge if not more, as other teams will also want him.

He's also missed a lot of Killies games, so questionable fitness for the money where as Hayes is more likely to be fit more often

quite possibly but not identifiable from what i have skimmed through

also quite possibly we never know that hayes and his agent both got six figure sums on the transfer as part of any contract with afc

I may be wrong, was skimming through it on my phone but I think that the transfer income figure is sales minus bought.

If it is we have the £1.2m from selling Hayes minus the £400k for May and the £150k for GMS in there.

I doubt we'll see Hayes back unless he is released or loaned back to us. He's on too much money and Celtic aren't going to hand us a biscuit tin full of cash and give us the player back a year later.

Are you sure you're an Aberdeen fan?

Sensible shit is not what comes with being an Aberdeen fan.

Normality thinking from a Dons fan on social media is:

WE'RE GETTING HAYES, YEAH IT WAS ALL A PLOY BECAUSE DEEP DOWN RODGERS SUPPORTED US AS A BOY, AND HE WAS DEVELOPING HAYES FOR US, WE WILL GET HIM ON A FREE.

*happy clap clap clap*

Etc etc.

If you ask your missus nicely to stop tagging you in shit on Facebook then you'll have no reason to log in and see yon happy clapper shite at the same time manny.

Worked a treat for me ?