Out Of Contract

Juniors? Inverdee on a Sunday morning more like.

I had high hopes for the lad, technically very gifted by all accounts. But just doesn’t seem to fancy it or handle the physical side of things. Looked lost whenever he has came on.

That last sentence is nail on the head for me especially in the games I’ve seen him in, just looked completely out of his depth for some strange reason.

Seems the only chat from club has been the priority to try & get Shinnie nailed down & to make him highest earner type & no real mention of GMS but GMS 'should' be the priority & making him the best offer.

We can easily cope with losing Shinnie, as replacing him ' shouldn't' be too hard but then again Gleeson & Forrester aren't good examples of sourcing replacement mids when needed.

We will really struggle to find ANYONE close to replacing GMS on form & losing him, whether in Jan, or summer would be catastrophic to us.

Seems the only chat from club has been the priority to try & get Shinnie nailed down & to make him highest earner type & no real mention of GMS but GMS 'should' be the priority & making him the best offer.

We can easily cope with losing Shinnie, as replacing him ' shouldn't' be too hard but then again Gleeson & Forrester aren't good examples of sourcing replacement mids when needed.

We will really struggle to find ANYONE close to replacing GMS on form & losing him, whether in Jan, or summer would be catastrophic to us.

Losing Hayes could have been catastrophic and to an extent it could be argued we haven’t yet replaced him. What about Lewis Morgan to replace GMS?

Hopefully GMS will be made the very best offer we can possibly make. But I honestly think we will struggle to keep hold of him. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

I think he will want to give England a try as he has played in Scotland for a long time now. That's just what happens at our level our best players get noticed and will get offered far better deals financially elsewhere.

GMS would have taken a pay cut to join us from Celtic but it's allowed him to relaunch his career. He's now firmly established as one of the best attacking talents in the league and at age 28 I'm sure he will be thinking he is now in his prime and would like a fresh challenge outside of Scotland. I think a lot of Championship clubs will be very interested in him.

Aberdeen van give him battling at the right end of the league (hopefully), cup finals, European football...but it's all so easily undone when someone in England can easily double his wages.

Exactly. He turned 28 in August so he's probably thinking it's now or never for him to have a go in English football and the money that is on offer down there. I'm sure he still speaks regularly with his big mate Stuart Armstrong and will know the level of money he is bring paid.

The bottom line is if a player stands out for us we will generally eventually lose him. Our best hope here is that GMS decides to go down the same path as Joe Lewis in that he has finally found a place where he plays every week, is loved by the fans, is happy and doesn't want to risk being unhappy and out in the cold again by moving clubs for a few more £££. But in reality those instances are few and far between. Money ultimately nearly always talks.

Unless it's a McLean style loan back, which I still can't believe actually happened, then I'd rather we kept them until the summer anyway. Don't have any confidence we could replace them properly in January (or in the summer...) and they could easily be the difference between playing in the Europa qualifiers and beginning our League Cup defence in the group stage.

Unless it's a McLean style loan back, which I still can't believe actually happened, then I'd rather we kept them until the summer anyway. Don't have any confidence we could replace them properly in January (or in the summer...) and they could easily be the difference between playing in the Europa qualifiers and beginning our League Cup defence in the group stage.

We did receive money for Hart and Clark in January when their deals were up in the summer! I can’t remember if that Preston and Plymouth wanted them earlier than the summer and paid a fee to get them or we bargained the deal.

Was also the season we lost Nicholson too. The start of the dethroning on the King

If we didn't replace them but went with Campbell, Wright, Ross et al.

Would the fans stand for it, if as it is fair to expect the results suffered.

i'm not so sure, it would put McInnes under pressure from certain quarters.

No way McIness would throw them all in maybe one two at push would be bench warmers.

Have Hamilton got any decent Wide players and another midfielder we can poach?

Would be nice for the club to let us know what's happening here...

6 weeks till they can begin negotiations elsewhere and pure silence from the club.

With the disastrous summer we've just had, it's important we're on the front foot here - we need to begin our recruitment for next summer, from 1st January 2019.

I love both players, but offer them the best deal we possible can before xmas... if they turn it down, then we need to begin an aggressive pursuit of their replacements.  We look like we're going to get away with last summers debacle... but if the same thing happens next year, then we will be royally screwed.

Would be nice for the club to let us know what's happening here...

6 weeks till they can begin negotiations elsewhere and pure silence from the club.

With the disastrous summer we've just had, it's important we're on the front foot here - we need to begin our recruitment for next summer, from 1st January 2019.

I love both players, but offer them the best deal we possible can before xmas... if they turn it down, then we need to begin an aggressive pursuit of their replacements. We look like we're going to get away with last summers debacle... but if the same thing happens next year, then we will be royally screwed.

I agree with what you're saying offer them the best deal possible to get them signed up before the end of the year. I doubt that will happen though as the club has such a busy December ahead with 8 league games and a cup final. Both players also off on international duty at the moment. If pressed on the matter I'd imagine McInnes will just say their is no time to talk to the players about new contracts before the winter break.

I do worry about next season where it's highly likely we will be without Shinnie, GMS and McKenna.

How long do 'talks' take? Surely this has been addressed before now and they already know pretty much where everyone is already?

Exactly. I'm sure Shinnie and GMS will be playing the long game... saying they'll 'wait till the end of the season' before deciding their future.  i.e. waiting for a better offer!

They should be offered the best possible deal at once.  By all means leave the offer on the table for them... but let them know that we will also have to explore our own options, as we can't be left short, like last summer.  If their replacement signs before they do, then the deal is off the table!

It is absolutely vital we don't make another balls-up in the next summer transfer window.  God forbid if Shinnie and GMS are replaced by Gleeson and Forrester Mk-2!

How long do 'talks' take? Surely this has been addressed before now and they already know pretty much where everyone is already?

they must of had talks to see the situation. Would be very surprised to see any of them remain next season. If I was a player I would be looking to see what’s on the table before signing potentially the biggest contract of my career.

I'd imagine talks have taken place but the club has probably been advised by their agents that they are going to wait and assess their options. I don't think McInnes will be too confident of keeping them but he's not going to say that publicly at the moment. They will have noted the wages Kenny McLean is apparently getting at Norwich. Players talk.

I think we all know both players are at an age where it's likely they will move on for financial reasons. You can't really blame them if they do.

• Upvote 1

Both players will be around 28/29 at the end of the season? In theory that's not a bad age for us to move players on provided we can replace them with younger players to regenerate and rejuvenate the team.

I'd love to see Campbell come through to replace Shinnie and play alongside Ferguson. That would give us a young central midfield which could push on for the next few years.

Wright, McLennan or Ross are the main in-house potential replacements for GMS. Not sure if these guys would have the potential to fill his boots.

At the moment I think GMS would be harder to replace than Shinnie.

• Upvote 1

Both players will be around 28/29 at the end of the season? In theory that's not a bad age for us to move players on provided we can replace them with younger players to regenerate and rejuvenate the team.

I'd love to see Campbell come through to replace Shinnie and play alongside Ferguson. That would give us a young central midfield which could push on for the next few years.

Wright, McLennan or Ross are the main in-house potential replacements for GMS. Not sure if these guys would have the potential to fill his boots.

At the moment I think GMS would be harder to replace than Shinnie.

What's happening with Campbell? Is he featuring regularly for the young team?