The Labour Party Are A Fucking Disgrace

caledonia

feck me, Scotland as a nation is effectively just a few years old, I couldn't care less if it is governed by London, better that than the population mass of Glasgow. Personally I find all the patriotic "Caledonia is calling" bullshit embarrassing. Politics for me has to be about much much more than which side of the border you happen to have been born. ho hum, each to their own.

feck me, Scotland as a nation is effectively just a few years old, I couldn't care less if it is governed by London, better that than the population mass of Glasgow. Personally I find all the patriotic "Caledonia is calling" bullshit embarrassing. Politics for me has to be about much much more than which side of the border you happen to have been born. ho hum, each to their own.

So all the other countries in the world that govern themselves are they embarrassing for you as well or just Scotland

No voters always come out with the patriotic line

It is a mistake, committed by many, to equate a substantial SNP vote with an alleged rise in nationalism or nationalist sentiment in Scotland. It may seem a plausible assumption to engage with (if you do not understand the attitudes of the Scottish electorate), but it cannot be supported by any empirical evidence. To the contrary: the best evidence we have to give us a long term perspective, data from the high-quality, face-to-face Scottish Social Attitudes Survey (SSA) suggests that, if anything, fewer people than before emphasise their Scottish national identity distinctively.

but if you are happy with another country running your affairs then fine but the tide is turning as younger voters can see through the bbc and press lies

Remember the yes voters only have to win once

• Upvote 1

So all the other countries in the world that govern themselves are they embarrassing for you as well or just Scotland

No voters always come out with the patriotic line but if you are happy with another country running your affairs then fine but the tide is turning as younger voters can see through the bbc and press lies

Remember the yes voters only have to win once

As I said, ho hum, each to their own.

I will give you a wee clue london is not in Scotland last time i looked

I can never really understand why people would want another country to rule over them

:hysterical:

Nowhere is in Scotland using that logic.

Your capital is London, stop crying into your tartan hankie and get on with it.

You spend most of your life learning your kids to stand on their own two feet

And when they have achieved this its job done

Same should be applied to scotland because there is no reason Scotland cant stand on its own two feet as well

But i get the impression and this is what annoys the no voters is that people are moving from no to yes and not the other way around

Also a lot of the older generation voted no and younger voted yes simply because the older have lived for so long under the uk and the younger can look online and see through the labour/tories bullshit

• 2 weeks later...

No mention of the SNPs childish stunt the other day?

Is that the stunt they voted to not allow Sunday opening in England because it would stop Scottish workers getting premium rates for Sunday

The snp is there to represent the Scottish workers not the unionist parties

once again the biased papers and bbc forgot to mention the reason why knowing they will pull some gullible people in with this (hope you are not one who only read the headline)

But this Sunday trading decision looks a bit different. The reason for the SNP’s change of heart is that it has been warned by the unions that big UK-wide employers will look to set new cross-border rates of pay, jeopardising the premium that Scottish workers currently enjoy on a Sunday. So, fine, intervene to protect your interests.

• Upvote 1

If you consider yourself 'British' I suppose independence wouldn't enter your thoughts.

If you consider yourself 'Scottish' then perhaps you have something to think about.

If you don't give a fuck then you should stay out of the way.

Why not ? When we vote Yes, you will still be British, you wont be part of the UK.

If we leave the EU, you will still be European. It's quite simple.

• Upvote 3

What does everyone think about the SNP pitching another referendum in their manifesto? The 'once in a lifetime' opportunity line seems to have been forgotten (or a yet another bare faced lie from a politician - Caledonia?). Unless one year is a lifetime of course. *Insert one year under Westmonster's Tory government seems like a lifetime joke here*.

BBC Scotland Hour Long news at 6pm. Poll shows only 23% in favor. My guess is the 63% who voted No and the 14% who showed no preference simply don't understand the arguments for a Scottish news hour and have been mislead by a clearly biased BBC.

Or that the 63% thought 30 minutes of central belt news was more than enough.

• Upvote 1

Probably because it would be more of the same biased shit from London

Anyway a newspaper headline usually masks the truth hoping readers will have got bored before they get down to the more truthful facts

you could say 68% are not against it (btw it adds up to 101% not sure how they get this unless its rounding)

mailonly-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

This shit matters to some people 360 min; usually the under privileged bitter types who made or are making a mess of their plives

Explains why you are on the thread so much then

Can understand why 360 is on because he is a sad mother fucker who has no one to talk to - unless he creates new usernames and talks to himself like last time

What does everyone think about the SNP pitching another referendum in their manifesto? The 'once in a lifetime' opportunity line seems to have been forgotten (or a yet another bare faced lie from a politician - Caledonia?). Unless one year is a lifetime of course. *Insert one year under Westmonster's Tory government seems like a lifetime joke here*.

Don't know about anybody else, but i'm surprised that the SNP are pro-independence.

No I know. But the whole "once in a lifetime chance" schtick is a lie that if another political party told they wouldn't get off so lightly.

There won't be another referendum anytime soon, they can hardly ditch independence from their manifesto. You're getting worried about nothing.

No mention of the SNPs childish stunt the other day?

If you mean the sunday opening thing I thought it was a weird move.

Can the SNP in Holyrood not legislate to ensure premium wages for sunday opening, if that was their genuine concern.

Its unfair of them to deny others the chance to go shopping on Sunday, an opportunity we enjoy in Scotland.

Imagine another party voted against a move to equalise Scotland with the rest of the UK, the SNP would be frothing at the mouth.

Of course, the concept of the weekend will soon pass into history with the tinkering of politicians. Used to be you could park for free in Glasgow on a Saturday afternoon, now you have to pay up till 6pm Saturday. Soon they will turn their greedy eyes onto the free parking on sundays.

And as they squeeze for more and more VAT, business rates, parking fees etc, they will eventually kill the golden goose because everyone will just stay at home and shop online.