The Labour Party Are A Fucking Disgrace

caledonia

What does everyone think about the SNP pitching another referendum in their manifesto? The 'once in a lifetime' opportunity line seems to have been forgotten (or a yet another bare faced lie from a politician - Caledonia?). Unless one year is a lifetime of course. *Insert one year under Westmonster's Tory government seems like a lifetime joke here*.

Well, yes they are liars but then they are politicians and so have no time for the truth or electorate.

I dont think there will be an new referendum anytime soon.

Yes, the original vote was close enough to give nationalists hope for the future, but I think this at present is just rabble rousing - trying to prevent a drop off in their support.

That, and trying to distract from the failure of flagship SNP policies like the minimum alcohol price and the ongoing legal battles over the Stasi-like named person scheme (which gives the state more power than parents in a childs upbringing).

The economic case they made was threadbare at best and since the vote has been holed below the water line by the collapse in the oil price.

Brexit - which the SNP are against - would represent a second blow to the case for independence.

Yet Brexit would strengthen the Scottish Parliament by returning powers there from Brussels. I think the SNP should be asked to explain why they are against more powers for Holyrood. Do they want to play at Brigadoon, while being run from Brussels, or do they want a genuinely strong Scottish Government?

If you mean the sunday opening thing I thought it was a weird move.

Can the SNP in Holyrood not legislate to ensure premium wages for sunday opening, if that was their genuine concern.

Its unfair of them to deny others the chance to go shopping on Sunday, an opportunity we enjoy in Scotland.

Imagine another party voted against a move to equalise Scotland with the rest of the UK, the SNP would be frothing at the mouth.

Of course, the concept of the weekend will soon pass into history with the tinkering of politicians. Used to be you could park for free in Glasgow on a Saturday afternoon, now you have to pay up till 6pm Saturday. Soon they will turn their greedy eyes onto the free parking on sundays.

And as they squeeze for more and more VAT, business rates, parking fees etc, they will eventually kill the golden goose because everyone will just stay at home and shop online.

Yeah that's what I mean. It's got nothing to do with fighting for Scotland it's simply to piss off the Tories. If anything this will see Scotland get shafted even more.

If you mean the sunday opening thing I thought it was a weird move.

Can the SNP in Holyrood not legislate to ensure premium wages for sunday opening, if that was their genuine concern.

Its unfair of them to deny others the chance to go shopping on Sunday, an opportunity we enjoy in Scotland.

Imagine another party voted against a move to equalise Scotland with the rest of the UK, the SNP would be frothing at the mouth.

Of course, the concept of the weekend will soon pass into history with the tinkering of politicians. Used to be you could park for free in Glasgow on a Saturday afternoon, now you have to pay up till 6pm Saturday. Soon they will turn their greedy eyes onto the free parking on sundays.

And as they squeeze for more and more VAT, business rates, parking fees etc, they will eventually kill the golden goose because everyone will just stay at home and shop online.

No they cant that's why they voted against it

and its labour that controls Glasgow council

Well, yes they are liars but then they are politicians and so have no time for the truth or electorate.

I dont think there will be an new referendum anytime soon.

Yes, the original vote was close enough to give nationalists hope for the future, but I think this at present is just rabble rousing - trying to prevent a drop off in their support.

That, and trying to distract from the failure of flagship SNP policies like the minimum alcohol price and the ongoing legal battles over the Stasi-like named person scheme (which gives the state more power than parents in a childs upbringing).

The economic case they made was threadbare at best and since the vote has been holed below the water line by the collapse in the oil price.

Brexit - which the SNP are against - would represent a second blow to the case for independence.

Yet Brexit would strengthen the Scottish Parliament by returning powers there from Brussels. I think the SNP should be asked to explain why they are against more powers for Holyrood. Do they want to play at Brigadoon, while being run from Brussels, or do they want a genuinely strong Scottish Government?

That is just pish and you know it many children's charities say the scheme will help ensure more cases of child abuse and neglect are uncovered and dealt with.

named person will 99% of the time be a teacher and will have no input unless they see something wrong

what have you against protecting children apart from the obvious :moonie:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In here is as good as any thread

So... Tax evasion

Interesting that this huge story (albeit not a revelation) hasn't been mentioned on the hat.

Apathy?

The establishment benefit from our apathy. Cameron said on Wednesday he didn't benefit from the tax haven and today says he did.

Iceland booted their PM for the same, I wish we had the balls to stand up to them.

Away for a whisky

In here is as good as any thread

So... Tax evasion

Interesting that this huge story (albeit not a revelation) hasn't been mentioned on the hat.

Apathy?

The establishment benefit from our apathy. Cameron said on Wednesday he didn't benefit from the tax haven and today says he did.

Iceland booted their PM for the same, I wish we had the balls to stand up to them.

Away for a whisky

We missed our chance to do anything about it. We're ruled by a party that has one MP in our nation. We certainly can't do much more to get rid of Cameron or the Tories. The people that should be piling on the pressure are Labour who are fucking hopeless.

“The impression was definitely given and reinforced that these companies were in Panama. [Presenter] Richard Bilton deliberately suppressed the information that all the companies involved were in fact not Panamanian but in the corrupt British colony of the British Virgin Islands. At no stage did Bilton even mention the British Virgin Islands.”

Murray goes on to say:

“Is it not truly, truly, astonishing the British Virgin Islands were not even mentioned when the BBC broadcast their “investigation” of these documents?”

Indeed, Mr Murray, it is.

The BBC and media in general are obscuring the key role British money-laundering via its base in the British Virgin Islands plays in these transactions. This scandal must also be seen within a context in which between £30bn and £120bn a year of UK tax is either avoided, evaded or uncollected (sources (Tax justice/ PCS estimate & HMRC estimates). Meanwhile, £16bn worth of benefits a year remain unclaimed (HMRC estimate) against a backdrop in which benefit fraud amounts to a relatively tiny £1.2bn (DWP estimate).

Which of the above figures do you think the government and their media mouthpieces constantly highlight?

It can never be stated enough that this corruption scandal is mostly centred on the British Virgin Islands. Yes, the corruption is widespread and involves a number of world leaders, some of whom are our official enemies. However, in the broader scheme of things, these political figures are essentially peripheral. The level of corruption is widespread and systemic. As far as the major players are concerned, the media need to focus closer to home.

We missed our chance to do anything about it. We're ruled by a petty that has one MP in our nation. We certainly can't do much more to get rid of Cameron or the Tories. The people that should be piling on the pressure are Labour who are fucking hopeless.

Last time I checked the Tory party had 330 MPs in Westminster.

• Downvote 1

We missed our chance to do anything about it. We're ruled by a party that has one MP in our nation. We certainly can't do much more to get rid of Cameron or the Tories. The people that should be piling on the pressure are Labour who are fucking hopeless.

NO

The people who should be piling on the pressure is the British public. The queen, the establishment, the elite could be overthrown if we all stood together.

But the people have just been conditioned to accept an absolute life of rape.

How do we do that? Armed rebellion?

The police are being increasingly militarised, they know it's coming.

Austerity marches are now gathering millions (unreported by the media)

The people aren't happy and they know it.

I'd happily fire the first shot

Who do you vote for manboobs min? I'm thinking SNP but unsure someone with far right views can follow such a party at least that's not what SNP try and promote.

Who's got far right views? Having concerns about Islam and it's place in western society isn't far right. I'm a former Labour Party supporter who has no idea how I will vote in the next election. I do support independence though and I'll vote to leave the EU.