Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

5 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

They're trying too hard with this pish, same with the 55 titles, 150 year history etc. They have to keep telling themselves this to erase the memory of doing nothing when the club was dying. 

Aye definitely min. 

The 140 stuff ten years ago was especially unnecessary and only done to deflect the attention from those who stood by and watched their club die. 

No wonder they are such a yo yo club. The cunts are never done firing managers and ponying up compensation. It has to impact their playing budget. 

Anyway....here's hoping they appoint Glass as his replacement. 

(Although I bet McInnes is now silently seething that he didn't hold off for a few more months. He'd have been a shoo-in for it this time)

6 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Can see Brown being involved in some capacity, although I wouldn't be shocked IF killie don't go up McInnes would find his way there

Cant see why you’d sack Jack Ross just to appoint McInnes (or vice-versa) not long after.

They seem very similar types of manager.

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Cant see why you’d sack Jack Ross just to appoint McInnes (or vice-versa) not long after.

They seem very similar types of manager.

It's hibs, they gave Jack Ross a new deal in the summer and they sacked him within 6 months.

Can't see who they'd go for otherwise who isn't too similar

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Don't think it's a surprise that this coincides with takeovers from American based owners. Neither seem to have a clue what to do with the footballing side of things.

Too much focus on off park solutions and not the sense to employ someone to run the on pitch side of the business. Too many think as they can run a tech/oil company they can run anything. Lots of ideas but no clue 

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing that Scott Brown's availabilty is a contributing factor in this. No one else is jumping out as an obvious candidate (Brown's ex Hobo team-mate Kevin Thomson is obviously doing well with Kelty but is he a big enough name for them right now?)

They should be an attractive option for a manager doing well in the English lower leagues but who in their right mind would join up with them knowing that they're now about to appoint their 17th permanent manager in 24 years*, over 8 of which were achieved by McLeish, Stubbs and and Lennon? The rest you are better counting in months rather than years as to how long they lasted

*EDIT....or 19th permanent manager in 25 and a half years if you prefer...........since Alex Miller left after a near 10 year tenure

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

They've had an unreal amount of managers over the years. Do any ever manage 2 full seasons?

Maloney's character reminded me of Glass. Just seems like a complete walkover who would get no respect from the players when he wants to do something different

Not according to mongols on here who wanted Maloney as our boss.

In response to me making the same point that the players wouldnt listen to or respect him 

“aye but theyd mind how good a player he was and that he was Belgium no.2 coach”

??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Strachan on record saying he has always wanted to manage Hibs,

I think after the Maloney experiment they may not rush into Brown,

Malky Mackay would be a sensible appointment only the arse cheeks have a better recored in the league after the first 10 games

Can see Strachan with the likes of Brown as Assistant with a plan for brown to take over after 2 seasons and try and create consistency