Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

10 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

You aren't seriously suggesting that we are in the hunt for 3rd place, are you?Β 

Club threw away that months ago. Everyone keeps saying we have so many games in hand but not a hope in hell we win them all. Hopefully win tomorrow but I’d be interested to see what happens if we don’t. My guess would be fuck all.Β 

Safe to say now for sure (even for the deludemol prescription holders) that 3rd is gone. Not even a question of, are Hearts capable of blowing a 17 point lead over us? It’s the fact that we most certainly aren’t capable of winning the β€˜games in hand’ to even make a dent & put the fear up them.

Let’s just sack Barry now & start working on his replacement. An actual capable manager of some sort

8 minutes ago, slippers said:

Club threw away that months ago. Everyone keeps saying we have so many games in hand but not a hope in hell we win them all. Hopefully win tomorrow but I’d be interested to see what happens if we don’t. My guess would be fuck all.Β 

Win all four games in hand (which we won't) and our game against them in Edinburgh on Saturday (highly doubtful given our recent record there) and we'll still be two points behind them.

I'd love to see us go on another magnificent unbeaten run while Naismith chokes like last season, but given our league form in the first half of the season I don't see it happening.

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Safe to say now for sure (even for the deludemol prescription holders) that 3rd is gone. Not even a question of, are Hearts capable of blowing a 17 point lead over us? It’s the fact that we most certainly aren’t capable of winning the β€˜games in hand’ to even make a dent & put the fear up them.

Let’s just sack Barry now & start working on his replacement. An actual capable manager of some sort

Yup. Even if we did win our games in hand (which we won't), a defeat at Tynecastle on Saturday would likely push 3rd spot beyond our reach.

2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Yup. Even if we did win our games in hand (which we won't), a defeat at Tynecastle on Saturday would likely push 3rd spot beyond our reach.

Robson is not capable of winning all the games in hand in slightest imo but even if by some miracle he did. He’s certainly not capable of beating Hearts At tynecastle then also going in to better than β€˜match’ their results until end of season. Would be a miracle of 86 level tragedy for Hearts combined with blockbuster movie type form transformation by Robson 🀣

What’s funny is the likes of hailes thinks getting 3rd is the holy grail, I would piss my self if they got 3rd and anycunt barring the weegie 2 winning the cup putting hearts back in to qualification, we know how that would work out for group stage football for them

11 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

What’s funny is the likes of hailes thinks getting 3rd is the holy grail, I would piss my self if they got 3rd and anycunt barring the weegie 2 winning the cup putting hearts back in to qualification, we know how that would work out for group stage football for them

The reality is that 3rd IS actually β€˜the holy grail’ for any team outwith the arse cheeks currently & having a very outside hope that some other team might win the SC is just desperation. Whilst I can admit it would be extremely amusing. Your post still appears pretty β€˜spoilt child like’ in your β€˜derision’ of 3rd in first place because we would ALL be just as smug as WHS currently is being, even with a shite manager (as last season proved) if we were in his team’s position.Β 
Β 

Flip side (& SC final being after league is done) imagine β€˜by some miracle’ we some how freaked 3rd & Hearts win the SC? That would be fkn catastrophic & almost up there with losing title to Huns under Smith. Especially if they had us in final πŸ€”

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The reality is that 3rd IS actually β€˜the holy grail’ for any team outwith the arse cheeks currently & having a very outside hope that some other team might win the SC is just desperation. Whilst I can admit it would be extremely amusing. Your post still appears pretty β€˜spoilt child like’ in your β€˜derision’ of 3rd in first place because we would ALL be just as smug as WHS currently is being, even with a shite manager (as last season proved) if we were in his team’s position.Β 
Β 

Flip side (& SC final being after league is done) imagine β€˜by some miracle’ we some how freaked 3rd & Hearts win the SC? That would be fkn catastrophic & almost up there with losing title to Huns under Smith. Especially if they had us in final πŸ€”

Spoilt, for wanting a team out with the weegie 2?, what are we playing the cup for if it’s a foregone conclusion?, st Johnstone x2 hibs and caley thistle have all won it in the last 10 years, st Johnstone shit hot?. The fact that the European cups are bigger next year surely drives on the rest of us to pick up the cup, doesn’t even affect the weegie 2 given they have champions league, would say that’s a massive carrot for all teams still in the cup. We have already shown that the Huns can get beat on any given day(as they are shite), Kilmarnock already beaten Celtic twice this year, put them out the other cup, not exactly fanciful or spoilt to think that we could win really,Β 

if it is, what’s the fucking point.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Spoilt, for wanting a team out with the weegie 2?, what are we playing the cup for if it’s a foregone conclusion?, st Johnstone x2 hibs and caley thistle have all won it in the last 10 years, st Johnstone shit hot?. The fact that the European cups are bigger next year surely drives on the rest of us to pick up the cup, doesn’t even affect the weegie 2 given they have champions league, would say that’s a massive carrot for all teams still in the cup. We have already shown that the Huns can get beat on any given day(as they are shite), Kilmarnock already beaten Celtic twice this year, put them out the other cup, not exactly fanciful or spoilt to think that we could win really,Β 

if it is, what’s the fucking point.

You’re missing my point. You are trying to cling to hope/desperation that we can somehow win the SC for first time in 34 years with possibly our most tactically inept manager as some kind of β€˜don’t be too smug yet WHS’ 🀣

Β 

As for the rewards this year β€˜driving us all on’ to win the cup 🀷 how’s that working out for us/Cormack/Robson when using the back up option of 3rd place as an incentive example?

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You’re missing my point. You are trying to cling to hope/desperation that we can somehow win the SC for first time in 34 years with possibly our most tactically inept manager as some kind of β€˜don’t be too smug yet WHS’ 🀣

Β 

As for the rewards this year β€˜driving us all on’ to win the cup 🀷 how’s that working out for us/Cormack/Robson when using the back up option of 3rd place as an incentive example?

So your suggestion?, Β close the doors?, why bother if we are that shit and have zero chance of winning said cup?

Β 

Working out?πŸ˜‚ season hasn’t finished so how can I possibly answer that? Did we not get to a cup final this year?, and we are still in the other cup, that’s how it’s working out thus far.Β 
3rd place as an incentive?, great that would be eh, fuck the title, 3rd is the very best for us, sounds great, so as I said if you think that completely, why bother?, why spend the guts of a grand every year, why in June don’t the Huns and Tim’s just not flip a coin to see who wins, save the elecy?

sad the younger fans don’t remember when we were actual winners, sad to think that itl only ever be them that win anything, in your opinion of course.

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Β 

Why do you bother putting so much effort into β€œsupporting” Aberdeen then?

It clearly brings you zero satisfaction

You're the most miserable cunt on here which is some goingΒ 

I’m genuinely fascinated what you get in return for venting your spleen on here week in, week outΒ 

Your mental well-being must be in the mudΒ 

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Why do you bother putting so much effort into β€œsupporting” Aberdeen then?

It clearly brings you zero satisfaction

You're the most miserable cunt on here which is some goingΒ 

I’m genuinely fascinated what you get in return for venting your spleen on here week in, week outΒ 

Your mental well-being must be in the mudΒ 

A valid point, and whilst he's feckin tedious (at times), this isn't unique to F&D on here

As far as I can tell a significant amount that could do, don't even bother going

One of which would have us believe he can cure all our ills from his feckin sofa in the weeeej!Β 

Β 

Β