David Goodwillie

I wrote something then got rid of it and moved away but thought, fuck it. I'm not going to let that stand; as the butt of a cheap innuendo. They don't deserve it.

There are way too many women raped. If you really know women, enough of them, and they are comfortable with you then it get's really sick when you hear it again. Family, friends, even a bloody colleague. Someone they knew who just wouldn't take no for an answer, or the violent stranger.

I had to be talked down from going and killing a guy by people close to me once when someone close to me was beaten and raped. I was perfectly prepared to go to jail for killing him or die trying. Never felt that about anything else in my life and never want to. Even now I'd still like to cut the guy's throat but I know it would hurt even more those people.

So yeah, way too many women get raped. It's no fucking joke.

But this finding a guy guilty, civilly of rape with a nice juicy payout when there was not enough criminal case to bring is not the answer. It's just wrong.

If someone decides to make the tired old joke about me and my dungeon or whatever in response to this I'm off. So if that's what you want, have at it.

Sorry, but I just think it's weird that you have a dungeon, surely I'm not the only one that finds that strange?

Your friend sounds like they had a traumatic experience, though collating all rape accusations together is not really a reasonable way to judge things. To use an appropriate analogy for this site, that would be like saying all football matches are the same?

Rape is a crime which covers a broad spectrum of cases. Getting drunk and having sex with someone you might not normally have is in no way related to a situation where someone gets beaten and raped like your friend did. Whilst your experience is obviously raw as someone mentioned, the thread it appears in would suggest you see parallels to the case with the footballers. My opinion is that they are vastly different.

• 1 month later...

Goodwillie played for Doune Castle amateurs last weekend against Strathclyde University. He scored twice but Doune lost 4-3. What a spectacular fall from grace. He turns 28 next week so should now be entering his prime years and he definitely had talent. A total waste of a career. He really is a grade A idiot.

heard a story years back before the alleged rape that he turned up for training at the jute one day, potter was in charge, locked him in a cupboard with just a chair in it.

let him out after training

asked him if he'd learned anything

no

same next day

same response

potter says to him this is going to be your life

in a small room all day every day locked up if you don't sort your life out

learned fuck all huh

heard a story years back before the alleged rape that he turned up for training at the jute one day, potter was in charge, locked him in a cupboard with just a chair in it.

let him out after training

asked him if he'd learned anything

no

same next day

same response

potter says to him this is going to be your life

in a small room all day every day locked up if you don't sort your life out

learned fuck all huh

If it was Jim McLean I'd say true. Otherwise bullshit.

• 2 years later...

Former Scotland footballer David Goodwillie claims he has been left with “nothing” after he was declared bankrupt.

Goodwillie, 30, who has earned millions of pounds as a player, claimed he doesn’t have a house and drives a “banger” of a car, following the decision by a court on Friday.

In January 2017, the striker and former Dundee United teammate David Robertson were ordered to pay £100,000 in damages to a woman a judge ruled they had raped in Armadale, West Lothian , six years earlier.

Just over two years after the damages award, Goodwillie has been declared bankrupt over an unpaid tax bill of £41,000 dating back to 2012.

Goodwillie, who lives near Stirling , appeared in person at Alloa Sheriff Court for the bankruptcy hearing, claiming he couldn’t afford a solicitor.

The sheriff told Goodwillie he had enough time to settle the amount and said there was “sufficient” information tax had gone unpaid.

I still feel bad for him. Lassie knew full well what she was doing.

I think the whole argument is based on whether that indeed was or was not the case.

How can you say either way which was the case without having being there? Especially to claim she knew 'full well' what she was doing.

I think it's already been verified she was completely wasted (by other witnesses on the night) & the only argument was whether she was basically passed out or gave consent to them once away from witnesses. Which was where it came down to two against ones words.

Many automatically jumped on the band wagon against her claiming she was crying rape because she was married.

Basically you are judging when you know nothing about it really.

I feel bad for you not DG in that case.

If he/they were innocent then I would maybe stretch to a little sympathy towards them & likewise the same to her if it was indeed rape.

Something we will never know & for that reason I wouldn't go as far as to pick a side either way.

Maybe it's more manly to side with the shagger side as opposed to the wee bit rapey side.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Always dubious about claims of rape when some random nobody claims the celebrity they fucked raped them then sues them for tons of cash. 

Except in the case of Bill Cosby. He admitted that he routinely roofied birds then fucked their unconscious bodies. 

He seemed genuinely surprised that that sort of behaviour is frowned upon now.