David Goodwillie

Does goodwillie have access to that cash, or will it be on the never never.?

This could change a lot of cases in the future "it takes two to tango" or three, but sometimes the lines are blurred, and in this case it looked a bit poldark.

Severely doubt he has the money. When the case was called for a preliminary hearing he turned up without a solicitor. He told the judge he couldn't afford to pay for one and that the costs of defending himself could bankrupt him.

Edit: I think there was talk of him having to sell a house to pay legal fees.

If that's true, then fuck me(consensually). I have no love for any of the two players but there is a massive element of uncertainty to what actually happened that night.

I'm no detective, but...

The stewards told the court that Denise was so intoxicated as she was leaving their nightclub that they thought she should be taken to hospital. They believed that she must have taken, or been given, a drug because she was so out of it.

One told how she let Denise leave with two men – Goodwillie and his friend, fellow footballer David Robertson, who were sober – after they said they were taking Denise to her mum’s.

She had no shoes or jacket on, had lost her purse and, according to the bouncer, was very drunk or under the influence of a drug.

Toxicology tests later revealed that the former Scottish Prison Service worker, who says she has never taken drugs, was close to having potentially fatal levels of alcohol in her blood.
The victim, who has waived her anonymity, remembers little after meeting Morton player Robertson, an old school pal, and the man she now knows to be Scotland star Goodwillie in the Glenmavis Tavern, Bathgate. Her next memory is of waking up just after 9am the next day, naked, alone and terrified, without her shoes, locked inside a strange house in Armadale.

Eh?!

How do you know loads of rapees or darent I ask?

I wrote something then got rid of it and moved away but thought, fuck it. I'm not going to let that stand; as the butt of a cheap innuendo. They don't deserve it.

There are way too many women raped. If you really know women, enough of them, and they are comfortable with you then it get's really sick when you hear it again. Family, friends, even a bloody colleague. Someone they knew who just wouldn't take no for an answer, or the violent stranger.

I had to be talked down from going and killing a guy by people close to me once when someone close to me was beaten and raped. I was perfectly prepared to go to jail for killing him or die trying. Never felt that about anything else in my life and never want to. Even now I'd still like to cut the guy's throat but I know it would hurt even more those people.

So yeah, way too many women get raped. It's no fucking joke.

But this finding a guy guilty, civilly of rape with a nice juicy payout when there was not enough criminal case to bring is not the answer. It's just wrong.

If someone decides to make the tired old joke about me and my dungeon or whatever in response to this I'm off. So if that's what you want, have at it.

I wrote something then got rid of it and moved away but thought, fuck it. I'm not going to let that stand; as the butt of a cheap innuendo. They don't deserve it.

There are way too many women raped. If you really know women, enough of them, and they are comfortable with you then it get's really sick when you hear it again. Family, friends, even a bloody colleague. Someone they knew who just wouldn't take no for an answer, or the violent stranger.

I had to be talked down from going and killing a guy by people close to me once when someone close to me was beaten and raped. I was perfectly prepared to go to jail for killing him or die trying. Never felt that about anything else in my life and never want to. Even now I'd still like to cut the guy's throat but I know it would hurt even more those people.

But this finding a guy guilty, civilly of rape with a nice juicy payout when there was not enough criminal case to bring is not the answer. It's just wrong.

If someone decides to make the tired old joke about me and my dungeon or whatever in response to this I'm off. So if that's what you want, have at it.

Excellent response, especially the highlighted.

Very little feels worthy of civilian justice but rape is certainly one of them.

I've said many times that more rapists being found guilty correctly is a good thing, as long as they're rapists. Requiring less evidence to do so is not the way to go about it and knowing full well that people can get "caught up" in lies about being a victim (and in no way am I making this out to be the case of the lassie in the Goodie/Robertson case) it's a very dangerous thing to start especially with a hefty financial reward at the end.

That's pretty raw....