James Maddison

utter horse keech

its the others not on his wavelength and incapable of making appropriate runs

that and the fact he has a lump ahead of him, not someone speedy like storey to play the ball into the path of

incidentally, looks like he and pawlett can link up well - just a shame mcinnes took peepaw off at half time for some reason

Possibly.

Seems to completely split opinion on here.

He definitely makes wrong decisions frequently in games, regardless of whether the guys are not on the same wavelength or not making the runs they "should" be.

Possibly.

Seems to completely split opinion on here.

He definitely makes wrong decisions frequently in games, regardless of whether the guys are not on the same wavelength or not making the runs they "should" be.

I'd imagine that won't exactly bode well at a so called higher standard where your given less time on the ball with better defenders. Given its only us and Norwich he can play for the rest of the season, he could do a lot worse than stay here and continue his learning curve.
  • 2 weeks later...

Times reporting that he's staying at Pittodrie for the rest of the season.

Being reporting in the local press in Norwich that he's keen to stay on: http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_youngster_james_maddison_open_to_extending_loan_at_aberdeen_1_4826965?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

However, a quick scan of Norwich forums suggests a managerial change may be on the cards shortly... the fans seem desperate to bring in Alan Pardew to replace Alex Neil. If that happens, I'd assume the new manager will want to take a look at Maddison... furthermore, if it's Pardew that gets the job, I doubt he'll be coming back to Scotland. I'm sure he's been quoted, in the past, that sending players on loan to Scotland is a waste of time, as the standard isn't high enough.

Being reporting in the local press in Norwich that he's keen to stay on: http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_youngster_james_maddison_open_to_extending_loan_at_aberdeen_1_4826965?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

However, a quick scan of Norwich forums suggests a managerial change may be on the cards shortly... the fans seem desperate to bring in Alan Pardew to replace Alex Neil. If that happens, I'd assume the new manager will want to take a look at Maddison... furthermore, if it's Pardew that gets the job, he won't be coming back to Scotland. I'm sure he's been quoted, in the past, that sending players on loan to Scotland is a waste of time, as the standard isn't high enough.

Hopefully Aberdeen are smart enough to get an agreement that he cant be recalled (which is what Falkirk got with Danny Rogers last season).

He's not done enough at Aberdeen to go down there and get into the first team. Lots of skill and nice touches, but makes far too many poor decisions and free-kick v Rangers apart has gone missing in big games. Wouldn't help him at all going back there and being a bit-part player, so makes sense him staying here.

Hopefully Aberdeen are smart enough to get an agreement that he cant be recalled (which is what Falkirk got with Danny Rogers last season).

He's not done enough at Aberdeen to go down there and get into the first team. Lots of skill and nice touches, but makes far too many poor decisions and free-kick v Rangers apart has gone missing in big games. Wouldn't help him at all going back there and being a bit-part player, so makes sense him staying here.

I agree with you, but I really doubt we'd be in that sort of position to negotiate a deal like that - unless we're prepared to pay for it!

Since posting the last message, I've been reading a little more about the situation at Norwich. Alex Neil sounds like he's a goner, sooner rather than later. So I'd imagine we'll have to wait see what the new manager plans to do..

I'm still yet to find out what he does for us, barring Sevco free kick...

There is a player in there, but he just expects too much from refs nowadays due to McInnes asking for protection. Most tackles on him are fouls but he goes down far too easily.

Young lad, I'm well aware but he doesn't really do that much.

Was MOTM v Dundee and Killie. He's been our best player a good few games IMO.

Needs protection (Maclean and Jack :hysterical: ), intelligent support (Pawlett?) and players making runs for him. He'll quickly learn to choose the right option when the options are actually available to him.

Add those three plus a fourth - that if the opposition choose to try to man mark him through the middle there must be room for others, particularly hayes and Mcginn, with Shinnie and Logan overlapping them out wide and we have the slick expansive game that we previously excelled at.

Or, we can ask jack to play it sideways until the defence are back in position before passing it to Taylor who lumps it long and high whilst we all shout at Maddison that he's shite.

Quid pro quo though. We'll do our bit as long as he's prepared to track his man back when required.

MOTM isn't really achievement in the squad right now, everyone has been shit.

What has he done apart from Hun free kick?

Serious question?

Holds onto the ball too long, fancy flicks...

Assists?

Goals?

Goes down too easily?

I think he's going to be a great player, but surrounded by the shite players we have right now, it isn't going to happen.

Hope he turns it on from now until end of season however, don't want the guy to fail.

I'd argue his best skill is to turn an otherwise pedestrian pass to him once their defence is lined up in numbers into an attack with his control and turning ability. Some movement off him and understanding and anticipation of what he's going to try and do (which is why I thought Pawlett was bringing out the best in him) would reap dividends. There are goals in him. I suspect when he gets one in open play he'll get a few but the bigger bonus as Ive said above is when pish Scottish defences run to mark/block/kick lumps out of him it has to open space for others. Its up to us to make the most of them. Currently we're not, we're all standing watching him expecting him to do it for us

MOTM isn't really achievement in the squad right now, everyone has been shit.

What has he done apart from Hun free kick?

Serious question?

Holds onto the ball too long, fancy flicks...

Assists?

Goals?

Goes down too easily?

I think he's going to be a great player, but surrounded by the shite players we have right now, it isn't going to happen.

Hope he turns it on from now until end of season however, don't want the guy to fail.

He was MOTM in wins over Killie and Dundee. Everyone played well against Killie and without him we wouldn't have won at Dundee. He's done more than you're giving him credit for.

6 assists (meaningless stat but you asked)

2 goals

Not bad, form has dipped but his performances when he first came were superb.

Ideally given his age and build McInnes would use him as an impact sub as he did against the hun at Pittodrie. Circumstances* haven't allowed that and I agree his game has suffered because of that.

* Those circumstances being our inexplicable inability to sign at least one decent midfielder since Maclean, whom we've beaten into our classic AFC midfielder mould spectacularly well.