James Maddison

Ideally given his age and build McInnes would use him as an impact sub as he did against the hun at Pittodrie. Circumstances* haven't allowed that and I agree his game has suffered because of that.

* Those circumstances being our inexplicable inability to sign at least one decent midfielder since Maclean, whom we've beaten into our classic AFC midfielder mould spectacularly well.

If Taylor and Reynolds had managed to regain some decent form I wonder if O'Connor would have played more in midfield? I remember DM saying he could add some steel to the middle of the park when he signed him.

When he first came, thought he was brilliant but genuinely believe our team have made him go backwards. I guess the bottom line is that's what I'm saying...

I don't think I'm being harsh on him. I think he'll be a great player but McInnes isn't getting best out of him at all.

I agree about him going backwards but young players are never really consistent. Will hopefully come good again.

Meh. Doesn't put me up nor down.

Hopefully starts to produce a little more often.

This ^

I'm still yet to find out what he does for us, barring Sevco free kick...

There is a player in there, but he just expects too much from refs nowadays due to McInnes asking for protection. Most tackles on him are fouls but he goes down far too easily.

Young lad, I'm well aware but he doesn't really do that much.

And this ^

You'll see Maddison's true colours when he goes back to Norwich. He probably looks average up here because of the glorified manniquins he plays with just now. Adam Rooney could get a gig in Primark's window. Anyway looks like he's here till the summer. Good news IMO.

• Upvote 2

Rangers and Celtic games were an eye-opener - I had no idea how big they were says Aberdeen loan star James Maddison

He said: “Before coming here I didn’t actually realise how big the Rangers game was.

“Now I know and to score against them earlier in the season that I think will be one of the highlights of my career and something I’ll always look back on.

“I’m so grateful to the fans and how they’ve treated a young lad like me".

If any goal pleased me more than that free kick I can not think of it.

Guest the shepherd

Rangers do exist and it's proven by the obsession our fans have with the club from Ibrox. See the game in September. Where were the full houses for other league games this season?

Fantastic post.

Rangers do exist and it's proven by the obsession our fans have with the club from Ibrox. See the game in September. Where were the full houses for other league games this season?

Fantastic post.

Both of you are wrong

This is a reincarnation of hunnery followed by the same bunch of orcs, the reason it was a full house was not because our fans see them as the same club but because we wanted to stick it to same bunch of minks who follow this new club.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Both of you are wrong

This is a reincarnation of hunnery followed by the same bunch of orcs, the reason it was a full house was not because our fans see them as the same club but because we wanted to stick it to same bunch of minks who follow this new club.

Well said min.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cracking reverse first time pass to put Stockley through for his Messi moment v Partick

Tries to do too much quite often when a simple sideways pass is needed to keep a move going. Hopefully more first team time with us will see his game mature. His ability to create space for himself and leave a defender totally lost has been genuinely wonderful at times this year.

Both of you are wrong

Doesn't change the pathetic obsession. I wouldn't mind going to Pittodrie and not having to hear hun this and hun that. A lot of the time they get mentioned more than the two teams actually on the pitch.

When he first came, thought he was brilliant but genuinely believe our team have made him go backwards. I guess the bottom line is that's what I'm saying...

I don't think I'm being harsh on him. I think he'll be a great player but McInnes isn't getting best out of him at all.

I would agree with this.

Doesn't change the pathetic obsession. I wouldn't mind going to Pittodrie and not having to hear hun this and hun that. A lot of the time they get mentioned more than the two teams actually on the pitch.

It's not an obsession, it's called football rivalry.

As for the rest of your post, it's utter horse shit. I've never gone to pittodrie and heard people constantly go on about the huns. You made that up to suit your argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As for the rest of your post, it's utter horse shit. I've never gone to pittodrie and heard people constantly go on about the huns. You made that up to suit your argument.

Hmmm, not entirely true VDA. Our fans do typically have an unhealthy obsession with the Huns.

Maddison on the bench last night.

I heard through my source that he was on the naughty step due to a serious of events this week -

Sunday - rocked up to punishment training drunk and with "I'm a hun" tattooed on his left buttcheek.

Monday - Pulled a munter in Priory. McInnes raging.

Tuesday - when round at Captain Jack's house for his evening meal, did a massive jobbie in Captain Jack's toilet. It took 14 flushes and a plumber to clear it.

Wednesday - Turned up late to training.

Thursday - farted in tactics class.

Game day - Prank called Jimmy Calderwood pretending he was Stewart Milne - offering Jimmy a job as head of youth development.

Maddison on the bench last night.

I heard through my source that he was on the naughty step due to a serious of events this week -

Sunday - rocked up to punishment training drunk and with "I'm a hun" tattooed on his left buttcheek.

Monday - Pulled a munter in Priory. McInnes raging.

Tuesday - when round at Captain Jack's house for his evening meal, did a massive jobbie in Captain Jack's toilet. It took 14 flushes and a plumber to clear it.

Wednesday - Turned up late to training.

Thursday - farted in tactics class.

Game day - Prank called Jimmy Calderwood pretending he was Stewart Milne - offering Jimmy a job as head of youth development.

https://youtu.be/iIIuR-HjFho

You'll see Maddison's true colours when he goes back to Norwich. He probably looks average up here because of the glorified manniquins he plays with just now. Adam Rooney could get a gig in Primark's window. Anyway looks like he's here till the summer. Good news IMO.

Exactly. He's the one player for us in the middle of the park that doesn't want to play the safe option every time and is always looking to make things happen in a game, get the ball forward.

Exactly. He's the one player for us in the middle of the park that doesn't want to play the safe option every time and is always looking to make things happen in a game, get the ball forward.

As a consequence of this, we lose possession frequently.

I think he's a great player, but even just going back to the Ross County game, most of our attacking play broke down at him making the wrong decision.

It would appear to be no coincidence that we created a lot more offensively in his absence last night.

Hmmm, not entirely true VDA. Our fans do typically have an unhealthy obsession with the Huns.

Have to agree to disagree, the word obsession is banded about to often among football fans, especially on forums where fans are too dramatic. There's nothing wrong with any of us discussing the Huns or mentioning them. It happens in football all over where one team isn't hated more than others. Check most forums over the last few years and you will find similar discussions regarding the Huns.

Every time Ricky Foster touched the ball for St. Johnstone the crowd were shouting Hun at him. Every time the ref makes a bad decision he gets called a Hun. When the team aren't doing well McInnes is called a Hun cunt. This all happens in the south stand.