Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen

We can blame the players but I am astonished that the manager is not under more scrutiny. His approach against both Glasgow sides is pathetic - every time.

Celtic had virtually no recognised goal scorers and if ever we should have played with a more direct, aggressive aproach it was surely tonight.

If we ever needed proof that Taylor is an abysmal centre half it was his attempt at their goal.

So fucking disappointing yet again but utterly predicable.

If we do reach the Cup Final against then there really is no point. We should ask St Johnstone to take our place as they at least managed to give Celtic a game in Glasgow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The same St Johnstone that had about 30 shots on goal against them?!

Fuck me I really do despair at our fans.

In fact, I've checked. Wasnt far off with my sarcastic response. 25 shots. As opposed to our 9. 41% posession to their 35%.

We were up against one of the strongest Scottish sides in over a decade and one of the best managers Scotland has seen in well over that as well.

TL;DR Get a fucking grip!

We also held them to one shot on target for the first time in 129 domestic matches.

Oh, hold on, Taylor's a donkey, McInnes shat it again and we should have played a 2-3-5. That would have shown them!

Celtic absolutely cruised the game and missing three of their best attacking players in Dembele, Griffiths and Armstrong. Coming off two days rest and two days less rest than Aberdeen.

They cantered to the win and looked like could have upped it any time they wanted.

As much as some go over the top about how bad it was your take on it the other way is just as far off.

Edit: Also missing Rogic who has been their best player against Aberdeen this season.

• Upvote 1

Just got to move on. In the grand scheme of things they have beaten everyone else and will continue to do so for the remainder of the season so we find ourselves no worse of. Certainly don't think we played as badly as made out and nowhere near as bad as our worst ever performance.

O'Connor in for Taylor and I think that's our strongest XI for Saturday.

Who is honesty surprised by the result ? This Celtic team, even missing a couple of there very best players are still a highly competent team who are brushing everyone aside,

In the league we have 2 home games V Partick and Motherwell coming up, then an away game with Killie, we should certainly be aiming for 9 points out of that, and this well see us clear in 2nd.

Jack quite often looks good against better teams. For as much as I moan about Rooney at least he gets the goals to justify his place in the team. What on earth does Taylor do to justify his place? An absolute terrible footballer who I have grown a strong hatred for.

The unfortunate thing is he is always available for a pass mainly because every other team have realised that he's mince and dont even bother to pressure him in any way as more often than not he'll slice the ball out of play or just pass it straight to them. I've lost count of the times he's sliced a ball onto the mainstand roof advertising boards. In fact I'm sure the lettering is worn away

Frustrating player to watch. Bring back Des FFS!

The unfortunate thing is he is always available for a pass mainly because every other team have realised that he's mince and dont even bother to pressure him in any way as more often than not he'll slice the ball out of play or just pass it straight to them. I've lost count of the times he's sliced a ball onto the mainstand roof advertising boards. In fact I'm sure the lettering is worn away

Frustrating player to watch. Bring back Des FFS!

amazing given that jack goes around 95% pass completion for the season

I ended up getting a ticket and going.

The performance wasn't gutless - if you go down there and "attack attack attack!" you'll get cut open constantly like a hot knife through butter.

Jack had a good game and we only showed in glimpses our passing side. Taylor is not the answer - he's awful.

We had chances - Shinnie's in the second half springs to mind. They stopped McGinn and Hayes having any influence.

This Celtic team are light years ahead of last season. First time there in a while has reminded me what we are up against in terms of finances, crazy fanatical supporters and attendances etc.

Dust ourselves off and go again at the weekend! COYR!

Cheers to the tattie munching minky bastard that launched the coin that missed my eye by 2cm. Scum!

"We hate Rangers more than you"? The wankers are all as bad as each other.

So they don't count then?

Rooney shouldn't have started tonight, pretty much every one agreed on that pre-match judging by the comments on here. For him to spend the majority of his time on the pitch out wide made it even worse.

The fact is that he is the best striker we have had at the club this millennium. For him to have an extended spell on the sidelines because of his performance tonight, after he was effectively sold down the river, would only result in Del compounding his mistake further, and it would not be of benefit to AFC.

I completely agree with 360 for the first time ever. What the fuck is happening to me!!!!

• Upvote 2

All those saying happy clapper, wise up. I don't think anyone is saying we were good. Just that we weren't terrible.

When your starting from our performance in the LCF then I am heartened by an improvement even if we still weren't good enough. As long as we learn from that as well. I.e. Not starting Taylor and Rooney against Celtic next time for example.

Move on, learn, improve again. We're still the second best team in the league.

The usual massive over reaction to a defeat on this site.

We never looked like winning this game, but Celtic did not look like scoring either. The difference between the sides is that Celtic's final ball almost always reached a team mate. Our final ball was terrible.

We can say what we like about attacking, or giving it a go. They were missing two front players and still had a front line that has cost Celtic and Man City around £15m. If our final ball had been better then it's a totally different game.

In hindsight, Storey should have started, but if he'd done nothing then McInnes would be slated today for dropping his top scorer in our biggest game this year.

McInnes picks up far too much grief on this site. He's the best thing to happen to this club in years. Really hope we don't miss him when he's gone.

Celtic absolutely cruised the game and missing three of their best attacking players in Dembele, Griffiths and Armstrong. Coming off two days rest and two days less rest than Aberdeen.

They cantered to the win and looked like could have upped it any time they wanted.

As much as some go over the top about how bad it was your take on it the other way is just as far off.

Edit: Also missing Rogic who has been their best player against Aberdeen this season.

Someone else who understands.

Well how would you describe the first half? I'd say we were under the cosh for the first 15 minutes, then it became boring with neither team looking like they were going to score?

I felt they were all over us and we couldn't string 3 passes together or hold onto the ball, But it was 0 - 0 so that means even game

KLS seriously as bad a performnance as you've seen down there? Jesus wept on the ground we've been horsed 4, 5, 6, 7...9, talk about an over reaction.

What?

Because we never got scudded 4, 5, 6, 7...9 nil it wasn't a really poor performance.

Not having that.

A good half of the team didn't turn up.

Ran about alot, but offered nothing against a Celtic team which barely broke sweat.

I completely agree with 360 for the first time ever. What the fuck is happening to me!!!!

Did most people not say not to change the team "needlessly" and had Rooney not played and he'd "tinkered" would there not have been a mass outcry of him being a bottler and being a shitebag?

Cruised to a 1-0? They took on a centre half to stitch it at the end of the game!

Yes, they very well might be a poorer than full strength Celtic attack but Sinclair, £3m, Patrick Roberts, £12.75m and Bitton, taking Rogic's space, £700,000.

Yet for some on here, St Johnstone who were battered for 90 minutes, had more shots on goal against, more shots on target against, less shots on target for and less shots on goal for, is the benchmark and what we need to aspire to. Oh, less possession as well.

I'm not saying we were fantastic, I'm not saying we deserved to win, I'm just saying we're playing against a team that cost (granted not Celtic if we include Roberts) £30.4m and we need to reel the reaction in a bit. Are we the biggest threat to Celtic? Yes. Are we close to them? Absolutely fucking not! We weren't even that close under Deila,

If folk thought that the Celtic TV commentary was bad listen to The Rangers TV sometime.

Had the misfortune to watch Aberdeen's game against The Rangers at Ibrox and 30 seconds was enough before hitting the mute button.

On saying that RED TV is just as bad on the bias front.

As bad a performance down there as you've seen.

Unless you haven't seen us down there many times, doubtful.

Watched us down there plenty of times.

Although i wasn't there last night i felt it was a poor showing from us.

Anyway tired of voicing my opinion on it. Didn't expect it to be unversally accepted anyway and i didn't expect us to get anything out of the game.

We move on to Saturday and the grinding out of 3 points against Partick.

Taking into consideration the strength of the opposition and the fact we were on our own wee run of wins the only change he could realistically have made (and not be slaughtered for) was taking off Rooney earlier and putting on Storey to introduce some pace. If he was really ballsy he could have done it the other way around. But that was it. Pull Shinnie out of midfield? Fuck right off.

People seem to forget that Des didn't lose his place, in my eyes, because of the LCF where everyone fucked up (and he in fairness he was particularly fucked up by getting punted to the left on his weaker foot). To me his problem was getting properly bullied and scudded about by the ICT lad the week before M'Booya? Addressing that is why Taylor will do ok against certainly 7 or 8 (9 if garner is brought back) of our opposition and that is why he gets the gig.

last night told us nothing we didn't know. How we bounce back on Saturday, how we cope with no Shinnie in midfield and how we deal with Rooney Storey will tell us so much more.

Not many positives to take from that game. A defensive improvement versus the LCF, but that was a dire performance.

We didn't lay a glove on them and just lumped it up the park in a frenzied rush most of the time.

Agreed. If they had their better players playing then would have been 3-4 imo. We were lucky they never had a striker avaliable.