Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

54 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Anyone that thinks that the Tories did anything good in the 80's either wasn't there, or is simply an ignorant right wing cunt. 

So you're telling me that it's all bad? Even the Bees Act (1980)?

• Upvote 1

So, as the Sturgeonites line up one by one to endorse Swinney (just as they did with Humza), an Ipsos poll shows more of the general public would prefer Forbes.  When limited to SNP voters alone, though, they prefer Swinney.  

Who would have thought that a failed leader from 20 years ago, who is known to be keen to retire and is heavily associated with all the shite of the Sturgeon years, would fail to get voters' juices flowing?

(Wings is calling him Volkssturm John - hilarious!)

Two things are clear:

(i) The ruling SNP faction couldn't give a fuck about growing support / widening appeal.  They are in this for themselves and they all want a punt at FM or a ministers job to get one of those fat pensions Humza is walking off with.  They just need to keep the plates spinning for long enough.  God knows, most are wholly unemployable outside of Holyrood.

(ii) As I alluded the other day, there is not a lot of thinkers among the SNP support.  They claim to want to win a referendum, but reliably choose / support options which alienate the wider public.  What an odd bunch, totally lost without Salmond.

I saw a nationalist tweet the other day "we need to get Nicola back" - it was exactly like the huns "get Walter back" pish. The two groups have a lot in common.  

There is obviously support for Forbes, but outwith the ruling faction.  She obviously knows she has to pick her time carefully.  Maybe she will be happy for Swinney to do what is being asked - be the fall guy for the two likely poor elections the SNP faces, then step down to let a new, untainted leader in.  Maybe Kate sees herself as that leader.

Crazy the party is putting itself through this, all because Kate doesn't approve of men bumming each other.  And she only said it because she was asked directly, not shouting from the rooftops.   Even crazier that the action is to appease a piece of dirt like Patrick Harvie. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

It was a typical Tory policy. It benefitted some, but effectively destroyed the concept of social housing for future generations. 

Everything that the Tories did in the 1980's set the foundations for the have and have not society we have in the UK these days. A country with the biggest gap between rich and poor in the western world (outside the USA of course, unsurprisingly).

Anyone that thinks that the Tories did anything good in the 80's either wasn't there, or is simply an ignorant right wing cunt. 

Who honestly cares about workshy people, they get every benefit under the sun for doing nothing.

If you work you have a good life, almost as good as the people who live off benefits. What was once a safety net has turned into a way of life under left wing politics. There is no gaps, no one starves, the unlucky are those who choose to work for a living.

I could bore you with tales of how my family were fucked when my old man had a bad stroke, I won't. If he'd been a man with no money the state would have taken care of him, as it turned out his life savings were raped. That's left wing politics, fucked the person who worked and saved.

His near neighbour who never worked a day in her life had similar to him, got everything free and quicker. It's a shit state of affairs.

14 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

So, as the Sturgeonites line up one by one to endorse Swinney (just as they did with Humza), an Ipsos poll shows more of the general public would prefer Forbes.  When limited to SNP voters alone, though, they prefer Swinney.  

Who would have thought that a failed leader from 20 years ago, who is known to be keen to retire and is heavily associated with all the shite of the Sturgeon years, would fail to get voters' juices flowing?

(Wings is calling him Volkssturm John - hilarious!)

Two things are clear:

(i) The ruling SNP faction couldn't give a fuck about growing support / widening appeal.  They are in this for themselves and they all want a punt at FM or a ministers job to get one of those fat pensions Humza is walking off with.  They just need to keep the plates spinning for long enough.  God knows, most are wholly unemployable outside of Holyrood.

(ii) As I alluded the other day, there is not a lot of thinkers among the SNP support.  They claim to want to win a referendum, but reliably choose / support options which alienate the wider public.  What an odd bunch, totally lost without Salmond.

I saw a nationalist tweet the other day "we need to get Nicola back" - it was exactly like the huns "get Walter back" pish. The two groups have a lot in common.  

There is obviously support for Forbes, but outwith the ruling faction.  She obviously knows she has to pick her time carefully.  Maybe she will be happy for Swinney to do what is being asked - be the fall guy for the two likely poor elections the SNP faces, then step down to let a new, untainted leader in.  Maybe Kate sees herself as that leader.

Crazy the party is putting itself through this, all because Kate doesn't approve of men bumming each other.  And she only said it because she was asked directly, not shouting from the rooftops.   Even crazier that the action is to appease a piece of dirt like Patrick Harvie. 

I was unlucky enough to be going for my evening stroll when the deviants were coming out of their conference at Teca last year. Never seen such a pathetic looking group of people, was like a Young one's appreciation society on a day out. If people want to put faith in losers like that, fair play. Would actually be funny to see if they ever got real power, I'd love the fallout.

Do Nats actually realise hard decisions have to be made, there isn't a money tree, pensions and healthcare would need paid. It's so bizarre. 

Stop oil, stop road building, build wind farms, free gender change for confused kids, tax airlines out of the sky, unfettered immigration, great benefits for all etc etc, who pays for it.  

Without England funding we'd be fucked, anyone who says we won't hasn't looked at the figures.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, daytripping said:

Who honestly cares about workshy people, they get every benefit under the sun for doing nothing.

If you work you have a good life, almost as good as the people who live off benefits. What was once a safety net has turned into a way of life under left wing politics. There is no gaps, no one starves, the unlucky are those who choose to work for a living.

I could bore you with tales of how my family were fucked when my old man had a bad stroke, I won't. If he'd been a man with no money the state would have taken care of him, as it turned out his life savings were raped. That's left wing politics, fucked the person who worked and saved.

His near neighbour who never worked a day in her life had similar to him, got everything free and quicker. It's a shit state of affairs.

Lying pish, straight from the Daily Mail. 

Can you not think for yourself son ?

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Lying pish, straight from the Daily Mail. 

Can you not think for yourself son ?

Are you one of those people who think that Rupert Murdoch is the only reason Labour ever lost an election? 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

^ You say something similar to this in just about every post you've ever posted.  Why are you so intolerant of right wing folk?  It's a democracy, each to their own.

He's a nazi bigot 😄

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

It was a typical Tory policy. It benefitted some, but effectively destroyed the concept of social housing for future generations. 

Everything that the Tories did in the 1980's set the foundations for the have and have not society we have in the UK these days. A country with the biggest gap between rich and poor in the western world (outside the USA of course, unsurprisingly).

He's like @Parklifebefore he got all jaded and started just hurling abuse at folk.

12 hours ago, daytripping said:

Do they know how much oil a wind farm uses every time it's used/constructed/installed/made?

I know, the greens would be aghast.  

How much is it then?

Let's see your figures for construction, installation and per day in use. This'll be good.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Never knew that we had a handful of Tory boys on here spouting utter pish. 

Shameful that these idiots are actually Aberdeen fans. 

Every hun is a unionist, but not every unionist is a hun, everyone has a right of opinion, (not mine) but I respect that fact, democracy innit.

51 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Here he goes, Mr intolerant 😂

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Every hun is a unionist, but not every unionist is a hun, everyone has a right of opinion, (not mine) but I respect that fact, democracy innit.

Nazi bigots don't believe in democracy min

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, The Boofon said:

How much is it then?

Let's see your figures for construction, installation and per day in use. This'll be good.

How many windmills? how far out? what's the ground like? what time of year for weather and current variables, any uxo's and boulders to move before the trencher can run the cable? 

Give me details I'll give you figures.

9 hours ago, Dons79 said:

It's called democracy, he's in the minority and can't handle it. We're part of Great Britain and will be forever more, sooner the guy accepts it the sooner he can move on with his life. 

Proud NO voter, as is my daughter, her offspring no doubt the same. Rule Britannia. GSTK.

• Dildo 1
11 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

I might be jumping the gun here but you seem like a bit of a binary thinker.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, BrisDon said:

I might be jumping the gun here but you seem like a bit of a binary thinker.

He's right, tbf. There's a quite a few Tory boys on here. Ranging from yer "shy Tory" like FFS, to yer enthusiastic culture war rager like NEM. 

A whole number of Tory's in between too. 

Dunno why Schap point that out makes him a "binary thinker" tbh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 5
4 hours ago, daytripping said:

How many windmills? how far out? what's the ground like? what time of year for weather and current variables, any uxo's and boulders to move before the trencher can run the cable? 

Give me details I'll give you figures.

Haha.  Just a standard 1 windwill oil consumption per annum costing for now. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's right, tbf. There's a quite a few Tory boys on here. Ranging from yer "shy Tory" like FFS, to yer enthusiastic culture war rager like NEM. 

A whole number of Tory's in between too. 

Dunno why Schap point that out makes him a "binary thinker" tbh. 

I could explain it but life’s too short so here’s a dildo instead you boring pedantic cunt. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1