Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Correct

The fact the better paid are paying more in Scotland than Anywhere in the uk screams nothing other than Scotland is a sick , poor country surely

We pay a tenner a week more in we earn 45k+ a year.

We spend more per head on public service than our neighbour who doesnt pay that tenner.

We get slightly shorter waiting times for doctors and hospitals and we're finally getting a bypass.

We either want good services and pay for them or settle for shite ones but get an extra tenner a week.

If you're earning 45k a tenner aint worth worrying about.

You might just find that our one day.

We pay a tenner a week more in we earn 45k+ a year.

We spend more per head on public service than our neighbour who doesnt pay that tenner.

We get slightly shorter waiting times for doctors and hospitals and we're finally getting a bypass.

We either want good services and pay for them or settle for shite ones but get an extra tenner a week.

If you're earning 45k a tenner aint worth worrying about.

You might just find that our one day.

How many people here do you think earn 45k a year??

So the skilled migrant comes over and gets paid the same as Jock McTavish because of equality laws but he pays less tax than Jock for doing the same job meaning his take home pay is actually more in real terms.

Would the SNP consider giving me a tax break to relocate to Glasgow and work? I don't think so. I wouldn't mind doing an Open Uni degree in my spare time. Would the SNP fund that? No chance but they are happy to throw money at EU students and give tax breaks to people relocating here who will use the same services as everyone else (schools/hospitals/doctors etc) but they will be paying less for them. How is that fair? If Sturgeon actually believes this bollocks and goes for it then she is totally deluded.

Racist no voting brexit hun

• Upvote 1

1. Because we’re a nation of cowards. Goes back centuries and it’s an embarrassment.

2. Scotland would prosper, oil has plenty legs left and tourism and whisky sales have never been better. An independent Scotland would also have the drive to create new industries

Have you read the Growth Commission Report?

Used to be a regular Thursday night alone drinker.

It was decent.

Leave work at 5pm, head into town (Hogs Head)... scampi dinner and many beers.

However if it was constant every day, company doesn't go a miss but bluto seems to do that every day hence my inquisitive side.

Usually just turn up early and leave later

Others have commitments, work, dinna like hangovers etc.

And I just enjoy it more

like Sat, was only on own befor and after game.

Today was with golk all day long

Plus like B-MMG says, it's better than watching tv and relaxing.

Also sociable if you speak to other regulars

Over 350 pages fuck that will be most peoples answer

why cant people just want Scotland to be its own country like all the other countries in the world no matter what.

no other independent country has died and most a great success

Just waiting for someone to point out a bit in the report that might cost money etc then use it as another excuse to vote no

The same persons will probably think that Brexit is going just honkey dory

There are no things you can do as part of the uk that you cant do independent

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Over 350 pages fuck that will be most peoples answer

why cant people just want Scotland to be its own country like all the other countries in the world no matter what.

no other independent country has died and most a great success

Just waiting for someone to point out a bit in the report that might cost money etc then use it as another excuse to vote no

The same persons will probably think that Brexit is going just honkey dory

There are no things you can do as part of the uk that you cant do independent

So you can't be bothered to read it.

You preach about independence constantly but won't read the pathway document cos it's too long... interesting perspective.

So here's a question.

What is the cost of independence to you?

You preach about independence constantly but won't read the pathway document cos it's too long... interesting perspective.

So here's a question.

If he wants independence at any cost then why would he read it?

Scotland is faced with a decision of which end of a shitty stick it wants to grab. One end has self governance at a cost of 20 year of 'austerity' and the other has about the same but governed from London. Brexit, independence, both will most probably leave Scotland in the shit for a good few years.

So here's a question.

I trust over 100 countries that got their independence from the british empire that are doing fine with miles less than Scotlands resources

If your looking for this and that excuse not to be independent then you probably don't want it in the first place

anyway you vote for a party that backs independence - thanks for that :happy:

Lets hear your view on independence or will you run away from the question

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I havent read the growth report in full yet, but have had a decko at the website info. Seems full of the usual politico-waffle, dreams rather than facts:

"Scotland can....." - this is a hope not a fact.

"A Fairer Society" - what does that even mean? Who decides what is fair? If you asked 10 people, you would get 10 different answers. What is what I think is fair from what Nicola Sturgeon thinks is fair, how is that fair? "Fair" is not a measurable variable, like GDP is, for example.

One bold claim suggests that Scotland is as wealthy as France and Japan. Japans huge and world leading automotive and electronic industries immediately sprang to mind, versus Scotland's bloated public sector, full of Harry Clarkes.

And, as usual, its all about the SNP listing their current favourite countries (which change frequently, depending on their fortunes) and talking about how we "can" ape them. Why is it always about copying someone else?

The UK is a world-leading and absolutely brilliant country to be part of and we are all extremely fortunate and privileged that we are. Nationality is an accident of birth and we all hit the jackpot. Most people live in what Trump termed "shit holes".

I think folk should take a step back and ponder whether they fully appreciate the UK and think what it might be like to have less. Its very easy to get caught up in some petulant mood of "this is shit" and fail to appreciate what we have. Its human nature to take things for granted and not appreciate them.

• Downvote 3

Brexit, independence, both will most probably leave Scotland in the shit for a good few years.

I don't know if we will be "in the shit" but you make a good point that we face transitions which may well be rocky.

But Brexit is the obviously attractive path, as we could out on the other side as part of the worlds major economies, benefiting from the host of economic, military and political advantages the UK enjoys.

Or we could be like e.g. Rep Ireland, whose self-governance is an illusion and who main role is increasingly as a dumping ground for EU quotas of ISIS fighters.

• Downvote 2

I trust over 100 countries that got their independence from the british empire that are doing fine with miles less than Scotlands resources

If your looking for this and that excuse not to be independent then you probably don't want it in the first place

anyway you vote for a party that backs independence - thanks for that :happy:

Lets hear your view on independence or will you run away from the question

I notice you didn't answer the question

The growth commission admits we're looking at decades of extreme austerity.

So as someone who isn't in the 'at all costs' like you I'm to be convinced is how I'd describe my position.

If he wants independence at any cost then why would he read it?

Scotland is faced with a decision of which end of a shitty stick it wants to grab. One end has self governance at a cost of 20 year of 'austerity' and the other has about the same but governed from London. Brexit, independence, both will most probably leave Scotland in the shit for a good few years.

Ah but it's not AUSTERITY when it come to Scottish independence and the SNP. They define it as "sensible budgeting". This proves my point about her tying herself in knots with regards to her rabid pro EU stance. Her report basically says we will need to make cuts for a few years but she refuses to use the word Austerity. Give me independence from the EU and the UK then i'll have an easy decision to make. As things stand, well for me anyway, the SNPs current position is a bag of shite.

I havent read the growth report in full yet, but have had a decko at the website info. Seems full of the usual politico-waffle, dreams rather than facts:

"Scotland can....." - this is a hope not a fact.

"A Fairer Society" - what does that even mean? Who decides what is fair? If you asked 10 people, you would get 10 different answers. What is what I think is fair from what Nicola Sturgeon thinks is fair, how is that fair? "Fair" is not a measurable variable, like GDP is, for example.

One bold claim suggests that Scotland is as wealthy as France and Japan. Japans huge and world leading automotive and electronic industries immediately sprang to mind, versus Scotland's bloated public sector, full of Harry Clarkes.

And, as usual, its all about the SNP listing their current favourite countries (which change frequently, depending on their fortunes) and talking about how we "can" ape them. Why is it always about copying someone else?

The UK is a world-leading and absolutely brilliant country to be part of and we are all extremely fortunate and privileged that we are. Nationality is an accident of birth and we all hit the jackpot. Most people live in what Trump termed "shit holes".

I think folk should take a step back and ponder whether they fully appreciate the UK and think what it might be like to have less. Its very easy to get caught up in some petulant mood of "this is shit" and fail to appreciate what we have. Its human nature to take things for granted and not appreciate them.

Religion is also an accident of birth unless you happen to convert based on believing fairy stories. Your religion is no more relevant just because it is your religion that has been thrust on you or you have decided to believe in that delusion.