Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

The more I think about independence, the less I think I give a shit either way. 

The levers of power that dictate the worlds affairs are far greater than an independent Scotland. 

What's the outcome if we become independence? We implement the same failed democratic procedures of just about every other western nation? 

It's hard to care when the problems are bigger than where we draw our borders or what politicians we elect. 

We're not reimagining anything. 

I'd probably still vote Yes purely out of principle. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

The levers of power that dictate the worlds affairs are far greater than an independent Scotland. 

What's the outcome if we become independence? We implement the same failed democratic procedures of just about every other western nation? 

It's hard to care when the problems are bigger than where we draw our borders or what politicians we elect. 

Are any Eastern, or southern etc nations faring any better with their alternatives?

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

Even if i ever wanted to vote no i would still vote yes just to cancel out joe pikes vote.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Don’t think they have any other choice at the moment. With nurses knocking back the 7.5 today , more money will need to be found. 

Nurses in Scotland accepted a pay rise, hence not on strike today - they are paid out of the Scot Govt. 

Its the English, Welsh and N Irish nurses who are on strike.

4 minutes ago, sigh said:

Are any Eastern, or southern etc nations faring any better with their alternatives?

The economic situation of the two hemispheres doesn't directly correlate to whether or not they are a democracy. 

Your argument is reductive. "It's worse there so can't do better here."

Whats the point in voting in that case?

On 12/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, The Gee Man said:

It’s the Supreme Court who have said by the current legislation we can’t legally hold a referendum. I would say we should be able to do so when the time is right. Not sure if now is( but I would always vote yes). You could argue it’s the highest form of democracy that there is not one person saying no, but our Highest level of law etc. I think it depends on the discussion you wish to have 

You say there you would vote yes.

Can you give reasons why a yes vote should be better.

now your going to have to say something positive or you could just ignore and be outed for what you are.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

No our strike suspended and voted today to refuse I believe 

Unison and Unit had accepted the increased pay offer, now GMB have refused it today, with the Royal Collage of Nurses due to decide on Monday - how is that going to work in practice, you get paid more depending on what union you are in?