Worth A Look?

If we want to progress, Considine shouldn't be a first pick anywhere in the team

He was both Aberdeen's player of the year and players' player of the year. What are the reasons why he shouldn't be near the time? I know you're probably getting at his technique but if Consi isn't going to help us progress, then I very much doubt Berra will either who you've been championing in other threads.

• Upvote 1

Stephen Hendrie former Hamilton left back who moved down to West Ham a couple of years back for near a million.

Just been released by West Ham, having never got a game and then last year was on loan at Blackburn and didn't get a game either. looked to have potential when he was coming through at Hamilton.

Would give another option to give competition at left back and allow Considine to play a centre back if required and mean Shinnie can concentrate on being a midfielder.

I think before he has just been released he has a deal set up with someone up here as he was still under contract.

If nothing else, he would get a good snooker league going at the club.

Considine has played well at LB but he will miss Hayes big time cos lack of pace! when in the centre he's same old fouling bombscare he's always been so let's not be fooled by player of the year,most improved player more like as couldn't get much worse in previous.

• Downvote 1

Hendrie would be a good player maybe aye but this is not the transfer window that we are going to lookn at left back.

Shinnie and Consi are two of the best in the league while Harvie and Reynolds can also still fill in there if needed

Disagree , i think we most definitely need a decent left back . Considine has done well there but he's a centre back and an ageing one too . Shinnie has now become a great midfield player for us so filling the LB position keeps him there. At 22 Hendrie could be a cracking signing for us

Disagree , i think we most definitely need a decent left back . Considine has done well there but he's a centre back and an ageing one too . Shinnie has now become a great midfield player for us so filling the LB position keeps him there. At 22 Hendrie could be a cracking signing for us

Agree, would be a very sensible signing. You just know that he'll sign for St Johnstone or the like - we'd soon be saying we should have signed him. He's at a very good age and I believe he'd be within our price range.

The boy Hendrie was never really a stand-out at Hamilton and it was a bit left-field when he moved to West Ham. His failure to get a regular gig at a club relegated from the Championship confirms my suspicions and those suspicions are that Hendrie is Myles Anderson-esque, if you get my meaning...

Considine has played well at LB but he will miss Hayes big time cos lack of pace! when in the centre he's same old fouling bombscare he's always been so let's not be fooled by player of the year,most improved player more like as couldn't get much worse in previous.

Agree with this.

Consiquines pace is shocking and will be exposed if Hayes replacement doesn't do the same tracking back as Hayes did.

It's honestly as though Consi is running with lead boots on.

Did someone not mention in a previous thread that evety year whilst in the yoof team there was a debate amongst the coaches as to keep him on as he was deemed too slow?

I nay be wrong in this recollection.

• Downvote 1

Agree with this.

Consiquines pace is shocking and will be exposed if Hayes replacement doesn't do the same tracking back as Hayes did.

Did someone not mention in a previous thread that evety year whilst in the yoof team there was a debate amongst the coaches as to keep him on as he was deemed too slow?

What's the relevance of the youth team part? No one denies he's slow, it's very hard when you're 6'0 plus and not a naturally born athlete to make yourself fast. His positional sense is second to none, very good on the cover himself. No doubt Hayes leaving will leave us with less pace down that side, but Considine has been brilliant for 2/3 seasons now and I don't anticipate that to change.

What's the relevance of the youth team part? No one denies he's slow, it's very hard when you're 6'0 plus and not a naturally born athlete to make yourself fast. His positional sense is second to none, very good on the cover himself. No doubt Hayes leaving will leave us with less pace down that side, but Considine has been brilliant for 2/3 seasons now and I don't anticipate that to change.

The relevance is that he was slow then and slow now.

I think he's got to move into the centre eventually. But, fans calling him our weak link when we had Reynolds and Taylor in last few years? Come on to fuck min

Haha, "brilliant"

Brilliant enough that his fellow team mates thought he was our best player last year. Personally, I thought it was Joe Lewis.

Agree with this.

I think it was Willie Miller who actually mentioned that Considine was almost released year after year coming through the youths.

But the point Willie was making is that he wasn't released because he was a good player with his head screwed on and presumably had other compensating attributes.

Willie also said that while Considine's raw pace had not increased his speed of thought/reaction certainly had and that was making all the difference now.

I think it was Willie Miller who actually mentioned that Considine was almost released year after year coming through the youths.

But the point Willie was making is that he wasn't released because he was a good player with his head screwed on and presumably had other compensating attributes.

Willie also said that while Considine's raw pace had not increased his speed of thought/reaction certainly had and that was making all the difference now.

He wasn't released because Ryan O'Leary went back down the road.

If he had stayed, Considine was gone.

well, not really

Stewart only got 6 starts at Birmingham, is he Anderson-esque?

I considered Hendrie's transfer to West Ham bizarre at the time and I've reason to believe it made certain people alot of money, in a manner similar to the various Myles Anderson transfers.

Any discussion on Greg Stewart is neither here nor there in this context.