Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

Spot on, they are my kids. Super_Al got a first in Business at Edinburgh Univ. Calgary Don is at university in Montreal. He is doing extra credits in the summer so he can get his degree faster. Nothing wrong with that. By the way they too went to private school. Shout out to Millertime for supporting hard work and private schools.

@@Sonoftherock

Serious questions.

Do you think your pre-university education has given you an advantage over state school pupils to get where you are?

Do you think contacts made through your private education/alumni has given you an advantage over state school pupils?

Good question this. When I first started working my then boss had also attended a fee paying school. There is no doubt in my mind that this likely gave me the edge at the interview. I have no way of proving this however. Suffice to say I have hired hundreds of individuals over the years who have had both forms of schooling and to be honest there has been little to choose between their standard of education other than those attending the private system perhaps appear more rounded characters.

Re Your second question. I moved overseas many years ago so never used the old boys network. I do know some of my work colleagues, from the past, felt this was a help to them in their careers though.

Serious questions.

Do you think your pre-university education has given you an advantage over state school pupils to get where you are?

Do you think contacts made through your private education/alumni has given you an advantage over state school pupils?

Is it any different to anyone using personal contacts or friends to secure jobs, contracts or things for themselves?

You haven't necessarily had to have gone to a private school or university to get an advantage over others.

• Upvote 1

Is it any different to anyone using personal contacts or friends to secure jobs, contracts or things for themselves?

You haven't necessarily had to have gone to a private school or university to get an advantage over others.

I am not saying it is.

The difference is you can buy one and not the other.

You can easily argue that you have a better idea about a candidate if they went to the same school as you and that it would be better for team morale so I'm not against it.

I'm more interested in if private schools give an individual much of a head start over state schools. And to be honest I think there is one but not large enough to be worthwhile for the money (unless you are loaded).

Clearly, then you are a lower class of degenerate who likely has no idea what it actually means to work hard for a living. As a matter of fact I paid well over $300,000 in taxes last year which is likely far more than you even earned so don't go on about my taxes.

It's true what they say. You can't buy class.

• Upvote 4

Not sure if this is true or not, cant find a timetable set out anywhere else to confirm it but I read somewhere that May has to have a deal in place with the DUP today at the latest or there can be no deal.

If there's no deal she's got to then push on with a minority gov which would fail at the first hurdle of passing her Queens speech. If that happens Corbyn gets a go. If he cant get his Queens speech passed then its another election.

I am not saying it is.

The difference is you can buy one and not the other.

You can easily argue that you have a better idea about a candidate if they went to the same school as you and that it would be better for team morale so I'm not against it.

I'm more interested in if private schools give an individual much of a head start over state schools. And to be honest I think there is one but not large enough to be worthwhile for the money (unless you are loaded).

I think it's obvious that private schools \ elite universities give pupils an advantage given the number of alumni in the media, politics, and other high level positions in The City.

However I suspect it's probably a result of the higher standards expected of pupils at such institutions.

He had dementia. Doubtful he'd remember it. Even if he did, how do you know how this person's life was?

He doesnt

He's young and a weegie

He thinks money, flash cars, fancy eateries and shirts with collars and cuffs that are a different colour to the shirt itself are the be all and end all to his existence.

Most of us have been there.

That will either change when he has a family or he'll end up divorced and arguing over child maintenance costs.

haha im no THAT young

are you telling me right now your life wouldn't be improved with £2m in your bank?

you wouldn't be happier as you would be able to buy anything you want and go anywhere you want?

helping your family out and leaving a proper legacy?

getting a big brute of a 7 litre v8 engine with custom made dual exit stainless steel exhaust to let that beautiful engine breathe?

£2m wouldn't change your lack of intelligence or your massive chin.

Plenty of rich people kill themselves. Having lots of money is just an excuse for fucking yourself up.

Have you ever thought about killing yourself?

Please consider it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hilarious

are you telling me having £2m transferred to you right now wouldn't make you happier?

I think Millertime has aspergers. He is absolutely unable to understand an abstract concept. He has to see things in absolute specific examples. Definitely on the spectrum

• Upvote 4

hilarious

are you telling me having £2m transferred to you right now wouldn't make you happier?

No it wouldnt.

I'd be more comfortable financially but no happier.

My happiness isnt measured by my money. It used to be when I had very little of it but now I have enough to be comfortable all more would do is push the 4* hotel to a 5* or means the missus would get a brand new car instead of a pre-registered.

Those things wouldnt make me any happier.

hilarious

It would make me financially secure and it would potentially make me worry less.

I don't think it would make me happier.

Mainly because I am a miserable cunt.

I don't gauge how happy I am by how much money I have.

The world is still a pretty shitty place whether I have money or not.

You clearly live in a bubble where as long as you are OK then no one else matters. That is an utterly selfish outlook on life.

do you not think if by your own admission, you would worry less - that means rather obviously I would have thought, that you would be happier as a by-product?

I would worry less about debt but worry more about my mental and physical health so no I don't think I would be happier.

You seem to think that money is the answer to all your ills. If you had £2m you would still be a twat and everyone would still think you were as thick as pig shit.

You might no care but being clueless isn't being happy.

• Upvote 2

really?

so maybe this is the mistake you are making

£2m would make a LOT of people happier so don't just project your view onto others

rookie mistake

Most of the tinks from your neck of the woods that have come into money through lottery etc have ended up in rehab or the middle pages of the sun with their fake tits out complaining about how it hasnt made them happier.

People think money would make them happy when they have none. When they get it they realise it doesnt.