Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

completely different spam.

Would like to see more underprivileged kids get in to private school instead of generating tax revenue from them.

That would be better for all parties concerned

Its not underprivileged kids that get bursaries, its middle class kids.

It would also cost the tax payer a lot less if the government improved the schools we already have instead of funding 'free schools' and building selective grammar schools.

Why not increase the education standards of everyone instead of plunging money into systems that are there to increase it for the few?

so then higher brow kids would need to mix in schools that have total, total scumbags?

meaning the total, total scum bags bully the private school standard ones thus bringing down their chances of excelling?

and I don't mean general people, I mean the actual scum bag minority

So it's ok for these 'scum bags' to bring normal people down, but it's not ok for them to do it to the rich?

so then higher brow kids would need to mix in schools that have total, total scumbags?

meaning the total, total scum bags bully the private school standard ones thus bringing down their chances of excelling?

and I don't mean general people, I mean the actual scum bag minority

By your rational, no one who goes to state school will ever excel in life.

Which of course is bullshit.

where is he boasting?

he is quite clearly just stating how much tax he has to pay out?!

ps where did I say I make 45k a year?

im not even on the ladder yet that I want to end up on!

Clearly, then you are a lower class of degenerate who likely has no idea what it actually means to work hard for a living. As a matter of fact I paid well over $300,000 in taxes last year which is likely far more than you even earned so don't go on about my taxes.

That's a very clear - look how much I earn, na na nana na and if you dont earn that you're a lower class degenerate!

To pay that in tax in Canada you have to earn about $750K Canadian, £325K

I also very much doubt someone that claims to earn that much and claims to have gone to a private school would have such bad punctuation and grammar.

what I think is vulgar, is that we punish those who better themselves

everyone should pay the same percentage - when people's salary goes up it means they pay more than joe blogs anyway, so their percentage shouldn't go up too!

Its all relative MT.

I've had jobs where I've paid very little tax, I've had jobs that I've paid average tax and I've had jobs that I've been taxed 45% on well over half my salary.

When I earn a lot I spend a lot and when I dont, i dont.

Paying 45% tax on some of my earnings I still earn more than enough to have a nice house in a nice place, feed, clothe and look after 3 kids and a grandchild, have a nice car and go on nice holidays. What I pay in tax makes sure that my gran was cared for properly in hospital before she died, my dad gets rehabilitation after his stroke and my aunty gets tax credits on top of her wage because she's a single parent that works part time and has kids.

You only ever plan to spend what you're going to earn after tax. The amount your contract says you are earning means fuck all.

Its only fair that those that earn the most pay the most and pay a higher percentage. It doesnt matter what colour your political flag is, they will all do the same.

• Upvote 1

I'd abolish private schools. There is no incentive to improve state schools if politicians can send their children to private school.

Why?

Why not abolish Universities as well seeing as many cannot afford those.

The U.K. educational system is centuries old and in many ways the envy of the world.

I'm all for opening up elite schools to more children but certainly don't think the private school advantages should be taken away from those wealthy enough simply because some cannot afford it.

Why don't we abolish middle class German cars cause folk cannot afford those.

And demolish period houses; they're very 'posh'.

Why?

Why not abolish Universities as well seeing as many cannot afford those.

The U.K. educational system is centuries old and in many ways the envy of the world.

I'm all for opening up elite schools to more children but certainly don't think the private school advantages should be taken away from those wealthy enough simply because some cannot afford it.

Why don't we abolish middle class German cars cause folk cannot afford those.

And demolish period houses; they're very 'posh'.

Because the quality of education should not be determined by how much you can afford to pay.

Kids have no choice about the wealth or otherwise of the family they are born into. If you are born into a poor family you cannot access a private school education therefore you are at a disadvantage. Abolish private schools and try and improve education for all equally.

You mention university and the same argument is being made. This is why the abolition of university fees is such a hot topic, because again, tuition fees make it harder for children from poor families to get the same chances in life.

German cars have fuck all to do with this. Driving a nissan micra, or in fact using public transport, a bike, or walking, does not hamper your opportunities in life. Nor do 'period houses'.

Education and health. Two things that should never be subject to how rich or poor you are.

Everything else, fair game.

• Upvote 1

German cars have fuck all to do with this. Driving a nissan micra, or in fact using public transport, a bike, or walking, does not hamper your opportunities in life. Nor do 'period houses'.

Dont know about that. I doubt I'd have been given the opportunity to shag some of the birds I pulled back in the day if I was picking them up on the bus.

It does if you're in sales.

I also said they should be more open to all backgrounds.

But they still have their place.

I never went to one, and I don't feel envy towards those who did.

'Abolishing' them stinks of extremism, jealousy and bitterness.

Clearly, then you are a lower class of degenerate who likely has no idea what it actually means to work hard for a living. As a matter of fact I paid well over $300,000 in taxes last year which is likely far more than you even earned so don't go on about my taxes.

Oft.

It does if you're in sales.

I also said they should be more open to all backgrounds.

But they still have their place.

I never went to one, and I don't feel envy towards those who did.

'Abolishing' them stinks of extremism, jealousy and bitterness.

Its nothing to do with envy. I never went to one either and am perfectly happy with the education I received. Fortunately not everyone is a selfish cunt who only cares about their own personal situation and experiences. Millions of kids, are at a serious disadvantage from birth, through no fault of their own. Now you are either of the school of thought that says 'fuck them' or the school of thought that says 'regardless of my own personal circumstances, these children deserve an equal chance in life'.

The original point was, there are many state schools that are struggling, underfunded, in seriously deprived areas. Kids at many of these schools are significantly disadvantaged through no fault of their own. And while the rich, and the politicians can choose to send their children to private schools, there is no incentive for them to give a shit about state schools. If private schools were abolished you would soon see a significant increase in funding for state schools and a much more serious demand for improvement in standards.

Its nothing to do with envy. I never went to one either and am perfectly happy with the education I received. Fortunately not everyone is a selfish cunt who only cares about their own personal situation and experiences. Millions of kids, are at a serious disadvantage from birth, through no fault of their own. Now you are either of the school of thought that says 'fuck them' or the school of thought that says 'regardless of my own personal circumstances, these children deserve an equal chance in life'.

The original point was, there are many state schools that are struggling, underfunded, in seriously deprived areas. Kids at many of these schools are significantly disadvantaged through no fault of their own. And while the rich, and the politicians can choose to send their children to private schools, there is no incentive for them to give a shit about state schools. If private schools were abolished you would soon see a significant increase in funding for state schools and a much more serious demand for improvement in standards.

Look.

Nobody is denying the state school system needs improvement.

But many of the underlying issues are society's problem not the educational system.

Stop using private school as s stick to beat "the rich and politicians".

It's got nothing to do with politicians or wealthy people.

Look.

But many of the underlying issues are society's problem not the educational system.

I'm not using anything as a stick to beat anything.

I'm saying why do we need private schools? Surely the goal should be for everyone to get an equally good education. While you have a two tier system that is never going to be the case.

Look.

Private schools aren't really the main issue.

Free schools and May's Grammar school project are though.

Free schools take tax payers money and pay huge consultation fees to directors and educational consultants with no education background bar the free schools they have set up in the US and other countries this model is based on. They dont have to follow the curriculum and they are only answerable to the school board. That board is usually filled with the same directors that set it up. Hundreds of Millions each year go into these and millions get funnelled to the directors.

Hundreds of millions will be spent on May's pet project, money that will come out of the schools budgets we already have. Instead of that money paying to increase the educational standards of everyone it will go to pamper those that can move into areas around it and the top 10% of pupils from some other schools.

Both drain the system of cash, cash that should be spent reducing class sizes and improving the education standards of everyone in the country.

Apart from Crashploshnypit, he can definitely afford kids.

Are CalgaryDon and SuperAl his kids? Maybe should have paid more attention to his kids school work rather than his own job or they might not have failed their exams and ended up in summer school.

it comes down to them not being responsible In the first place, do you not agree with that in the first instance?

Not always, but in many cases yes probably yes.

However, if you punish the kids for the mistakes of their parents and deny them the opportunity of a good education, what happens when they grow up? Their lack of education and shite upbringing means they behave like their parents and the cycle continues forever.

Like it or lump it, the best way to tackle this sort of shit is to give all children regardless of background the best education possible, for free.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it comes down to them not being responsible In the first place, do you not agree with that in the first instance?

Thousands have lost their jobs in Aberdeen over the last 2-3 years.

Many have had to downsize, move to smaller homes in other areas.

Following your line of thinking all those children should just have to deal with a poorer standard of education because their parents have lost their jobs just because a small portion of those on benefits living in even more deprived areas cheat the system a bit?

Do you know how much benefit fraud costs taxpayers per head in the UK? £26 a year.

Do you know how much tax avoidance costs taxpayers per head in the UK? £857 per year

Why arent you so vocal about companies avoiding tax as you are about Chantaaaale and her two kids Versachee and Porsheea having a telly and Sky?

• Upvote 2

Not always, but in many cases yes probably yes.

However, if you punish the kids for the mistakes of their parents and deny them the opportunity of a good education, what happens when they grow up? Their lack of education and shite upbringing means they behave like their parents and the cycle continues forever.

Like it or lump it, the best way to tackle this sort of shit is to give all children regardless of background the best education possible, for free.

Your first paragraph - correct, it's a social problem.

There's more to it than the existence of private s gools