Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

Lot of people hating the conservatives on here.

What's the reason?

Would imagine most, if not all, on here have done ok out of the modern Tory govts.

Immediate self interest shouldn't dictate who you vote for. If you can't vote for the betterment of everyone then don't fucking bother.

• Downvote 1

Its not Aberdeen's but Aberdeen should've been given its fair share of it and Aberdeen should've had a lot more investment from it than it has had.

Any other city around the world that has had the industry boom Aberdeen has is decades ahead of where Aberdeen is now. There's still parts of the city that doesnt have fibre for fuck sake. THat doesnt encourage small business nor further investment in the city.

I completely agree that Aberdeen should have had more investment, its been clear for years its been needed

Aberdeen as a city has had nothing out of it.

Some people in Aberdeen have done well out of it.

Most people in Aberdeen were paid more that others in Scotland but had a higher cost of living to go with it.

Its taken 40 years for a bypass, 90 years for a 3rd river crossing and we're still waiting for other improvements to the infrastructure to start or be signed off. Improvements that would've encouraged further private investment 20 years ago but in 10 years time when things are finally done all it'll do is help a ghost town finally be fit for purpose, 30 years too late.

You seem to be confusing what people earned out of the oil with how much or little the city was invested in when it was raking in the taxes for both Westminster and Holyrood.

BUT isn't there more to the above delays than the lack of investment? havent the local councilors and NIMBYS played a big part in this?

I completely agree that Aberdeen should have had more investment, its been clear for years its been needed

BUT isn't there more to the above delays than the lack of investment? havent the local councilors and NIMBYS played a big part in this?

A massive chunk of both points there.

Were we not meant to be getting a bigger runway and Airport and the NIMBY cunts went radge?

A massive chunk of both points there.

Were we not meant to be getting a bigger runway and Airport and the NIMBY cunts went radge?

We've had the runway extended. It's just no cunt thought to ask any airlines if they'd actually use it. Luckily we're all paying for this unused bit of tarmac through the airport drop off fee.

I blame the SNP.

Ach that old chestnut.

Aberdeen hasn't done anything.

Aberdeen doesn't own the energy industry in the UK.

If Aberdeen, like everywhere else in the UK, wants investment then it's about time folk paid more tax to fun it all.

It's not the 1800s or 1950s anymore.

Things cost money.

Ach that old chestnut.

Aberdeen hasn't done anything.

Aberdeen doesn't own the energy industry in the UK.

If Aberdeen, like everywhere else in the UK, wants investment then it's about time folk paid more tax to fun it all.

It's not the 1800s or 1950s anymore.

Things cost money.

I didn't say any of the above, try reading whats written before typing a reply fatty

On par with England and NI.

So what? The issues is we have fallen to our lowest ever level.

Its of scant comfort that england and NI are just as shit.

Is that the SNP vision for Scotland? Vote SNP and we will ensure Scotland is just as shit as England and NI?

Budget cuts of 6% since the Conservatives took power doesnt help.

Excuses, excuses.

Scotland will have £800 million extra to spend next year thanks entirely to the generosity of the UK’s Barnett formula but the SNP has given schools and hospitals an “unflattering settlement”, according to an analysis of the Scottish Budget.

Professor John McLaren, an eminent economist, said last week’s budget showed ministers will receive a “considerable rise” in spending money in 2017/18, despite their repeated complaints about Tory austerity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/19/scottish-budget-increases-800-million-thanks-westminster-not/

The problem is that the SNP are incompetent and they have stupid spending priorities.

You cant moan about budgets when (i) budgets are actually rising, (ii) SNP can raise more tax if they want, (iii) Scotland is paying for gay men to take Prep and for Sturgeon and her hangers on to have a jolly to California.

Is that the SNP vision for Scotland? Vote SNP and we will ensure Scotland is just as shit as England and NI?

Excuses, excuses.

Scotland will have £800 million extra to spend next year thanks entirely to the generosity of the UK’s Barnett formula but the SNP has given schools and hospitals an “unflattering settlement”, according to an analysis of the Scottish Budget.

Professor John McLaren, an eminent economist, said last week’s budget showed ministers will receive a “considerable rise” in spending money in 2017/18, despite their repeated complaints about Tory austerity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/19/scottish-budget-increases-800-million-thanks-westminster-not/

The problem is that the SNP are incompetent and they have stupid spending priorities.

You cant moan about budgets when (i) budgets are actually rising, (ii) SNP can raise more tax if they want, (iii) Scotland is paying for gay men to take Prep and for Sturgeon and her hangers on to have a jolly to California.

Pish, budgets aren't rising, that money will all be swallowed up rising costs driven by inflation.

The responses of the public to the consultation, as you know full well.

The public consultation into what exactly?

The wording of the new independence bill?

Fuck me min, if the 'people' you speak to are 'commenting' on those 'findings' not being 'released' they really dont understand what the consultation was about, do they?

The 'finding' or the Referendum Bill as most call it will be 'released' when the Bill is put forward.

• Upvote 1

I didn't check out the snp as well as I should have regarding the last independence vote. How the snp sucks up to the EU, and would have Scotland as an open door to all migrants, refugees etc to come and multiply in Scotland and in a few years the migrants will be running us with their ideaology and laws. Sturgeon is an agitator who took over from super curry eating alec, she in my opinion will ruin Scotland, I am looking forward to an conservative victory in june, and teressa may sticking 2 fingers up to sturgeon and telling her, I am now an elected prime minister now go and f---ck yourself you little squirt. Oh and by the way the usa has now a man in the white house and not an Islamic worshiping wimp in the white house who was all talk and no action, Iran billion dollar hand over, and the bengazzi Libya disaster are only 2 examples of the Obama democratic pacifist government.

Excuses, excuses.

Public spending cuts mean higher class sizes, higher class sizes mean less time to spend with pupils, less time to spend with pupils mean results drop.

The generosity of the Barnett Formula?

Since the Conservatives took power Scotland's fiscal DEL has dropped 10%

In 2010/11 the fiscal DEL for Scotland was £31'131m

In 2015/16 the fiscal DEL for Scotland was £28'003m

That includes joint UK services (armed forces etc)

When you only count the resources controlled by the Scottish Government the drop in available money for Holyrood to spend the budget in Scotland since 2010 has been cut by £1'928m, 5.8%

Cutting the budget 6 years in a row, removing £1928m and then adding £800m in year 7 to the cut budget is not giving Scotland money or raising the budget. Its putting it back to levels well before the Conservatives took office when you take inflation into account. When you do then take inflation in the budget is less now than it was under Tony Blair.

Its no wonder education, health, emergency services etc are suffering all over the UK when the budget has been cut year on year for almost a decade now under Conservative PM's.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1