Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

Sorry Foster I didn't read back that far.

Its an odd situation to have been created right enough.

Yes, and obviously preferential to creating a new tax rate of 21% or 41%, which is their only other alternative. Benefit of it to the SNP on the other hand is that a lot of people don't actually see any impact, hence my under the radar comment.

It would be interesting to see what the flat % rate would need to be to take in the same as above. It's not something that could be changed overnight but as part of a 10ish year plan it's certainly possible in theory.

I thought you were discussing my fictitious policy, my bad.

I'd say it's certainly left leaning but then being dragged back to the right by the upper bracket being lower. Odd.

Your policy wasn't too bad. If they want a fairer Scotland, they have to treat everyone equally. They cannot target the mid earners repeatedly

Tax changes etc would imply otherwise

We'll have to agree to disagree.

All three should be means-tested in my opinion, so I can see where he is coming from on that view.

I always feel that SNP want to appear to be left leaning more so than actually being that way. There is a gap in the market for that within UK politics just now, which allows them to play on that and use left leaning policies as something to bring on people on board with their key policy...

All three should be means-tested in my opinion, so I can see where he is coming from on that view.

I always feel that SNP want to appear to be left leaning more so than actually being that way. There is a gap in the market for that within UK politics just now, which allows them to play on that and use left leaning policies as something to bring on people on board with their key policy...

the SNP could offer to pay the likes of beer gut and jonty's council tax for life and get them a blow job every day from a supermodel......................................they'd probably still blame everything on the SNP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the SNP could offer to pay the likes of beer gut and jonty's council tax for life and get them a blow job every day from a supermodel......................................they'd probably still blame everything on the SNP.

I've voted SNP the last 2 times and voted YES ye gype. I don't blame everything on SNP. The fact is the SNP chose to raise council tax and set the tax thresholds so they ARE to blame for that.

Will have to investigate that. Every little helps. Cheers

Here you go

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance/how-it-works

Thats £20 a month back of the £60 you've not lost but not got.

I've voted SNP the last 2 times and voted YES ye gype. I don't blame everything on SNP. The fact is the SNP chose to raise council tax and set the tax thresholds so they ARE to blame for that.

The council tax has been frozen for years.

The council tax has risen all over the UK by all councils from all parties.

The SNP arent to blame for council tax rises, inflation is. Its that or bin collections every 3 months.

• Upvote 1

Common sense perhaps, but while we remain part of the UK, there will always be a deeper analysis of tax disparity.

Also, from a common sense perspective, there is now a real ideological issue with incremental tax. Ideologically, there is a common acceptance that as you earn more, you should pay more in tax (or at worst, it should remain the same). We now have a position whereby taxpayers between £43,000 and £45,000 will pay 52% of their salary in tax and NI. Broadly the tax and NI payable will be:

£0 - £8,164 - 0%

£8,164 - £11,500 - 12%

£11,500 - £43,000 - 32%

£43,000 - £45,000 - 52%

£45,000 - £150,000 - 42%

It's an anomaly that comes from Westminster retaining power of NI thresholds but relinquishing income tax thresholds. It isn't really a huge deal as it covers such a reasonably small banding, but it does raise the question raise a question for someone earning £45,000; "Why should I pay 52% tax on my last £2k of earnings, while someone earning £145,000 pays only 42% tax on their last £2k of earnings?"

You can't lump someone paid £45k with someone earning over £100k in the same bracket. Your tax free allowance drops by £1k for every £2k above £100k, by the time you are earning £120k your tax free allowance is £0.

Frankly if you vote conservative in this election, you are a fucking bellend.

Post of the year but still fuckwits like jonty etc will do it

they wont worry about losing

free prescriptions

free tolls

free education

free hospital parking

no council tax rises in 10 years (just shows what a good job the freezes were doing with all the carry on now they are not frozen)

no filling in forms explaining to civil servants every detail to get benefits if you have been raped

I would rather slash my wrists than vote for that sick bastards the Tories who are also planning to privatise the NHS

The leader of the Scottish Conservative Party said her party would take the controversial step if it found itself in a position of power after the next Scottish election. The move was immediately attacked by SNP Health Secretary Alex Neil, who said the restoration of the £8.05 charge for a prescription was “ludicrous”. Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/scottish-tories-would-bring-back-prescription-charges-1-3341950

http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/scottish-tories-would-bring-back-prescription-charges-1-3341950

• Downvote 1

fairly simple to see that the tory surge is due to them solidifying the pro-union votes in the same way that the snp solidify the pro-independence

interesting that in the first past the post system it will lead to about 90% of the seats being snp

hearing that a dons fan may be running against murray in Edinburgh for the nationalists

This election is going to be a disaster for the SNP/Independence campaign.

The chance has come and gone I'm afraid.

I'm not so sure about that, I believe the tories will win another few seats but it will ultimately see them beaten. The media will spin it to almost make it out like a tory victory but they will lose.

I do not think the gain will be as a big as the poll above suggests.

This election is going to be a disaster for the SNP/Independence campaign.

The chance has come and gone I'm afraid.

in a proportional system maybe, but every poll suggests that 43-45% of the electorate are for independence and will vote snp in order to try to achieve this no matter what else happens in uk/scot government

in a proportional system maybe, but every poll suggests that 43-45% of the electorate are for independence and will vote snp in order to try to achieve this no matter what else happens in uk/scot government

Less SNP MP's, more unionist MPs = Bad news for SNP/Independence campaign.