Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

On your last paragraph spam, what's your thoughts on tax rates in the UK?

Budget cuts in the UK have very little to do with levels of taxation the likes of me pay. The 'austerity' the UK has imposed since the Conservatives came in is mainly down to the banking crash and the amount spent on bailouts. The man on the street is paying for the bankers mistakes and in some cases criminal behaviour while the same bankers and their ready made replacements still earn 3+ times as much in basic salaries and get huge bonuses. Dont get me wrong, the financial sector is extremely important to the UK economy, that will be seen after Brexit when other EU countries take a huge chunk out of it but thats another issue.

If the government spent as much time, effort and money on closing taxation loopholes and chasing tax avoidance as it did on benefit fraud there would be no budget deficit. HMRC has about a quarter of the manpower to investigate tax fraud and avoidance that the DWP has for looking into benefit claims yet the amount of money HMRC lose out on is 100 times more than the amount benefit fraud costs the DWP.

To answer your question though... I'd happily pay more tax if it meant much better infrastructure and services, I'd also pay into a Dutch style healthcare insurance system if it meant we get the same level of hospitals and A&E...

I'd not be keen on paying more tax if all it meant was more tax breaks for companies and more loopholes for them to exploit.

• Upvote 6

I didn't check out the snp as well as I should have regarding the last independence vote. How the snp sucks up to the EU, and would have Scotland as an open door to all migrants, refugees etc to come and multiply in Scotland and in a few years the migrants will be running us with their ideaology and laws. Sturgeon is an agitator who took over from super curry eating alec, she in my opinion will ruin Scotland, I am looking forward to an conservative victory in june, and teressa may sticking 2 fingers up to sturgeon and telling her, I am now an elected prime minister now go and f---ck yourself you little squirt. Oh and by the way the usa has now a man in the white house and not an Islamic worshiping wimp in the white house who was all talk and no action, Iran billion dollar hand over, and the bengazzi Libya disaster are only 2 examples of the Obama democratic pacifist government.

thank fuck you post on here min, it means none of us can ever be regarded as AFC chats most retarded poster

• Upvote 2

Pretty astute move from May.

She has everything to gain and probably will increase her majority. At the same time she strips her opponents of their weapon of saying "she wasnt elected" and also can state that the public support her brexit direction.

Labour will probably do poorly, given they are a total joke.

Dim Lems are irrelevant anyway.

As the SNP have the vast majority of scottish seats already, they have very little to gain and everything to lose (I expect another strong showing, but wouldn't be surprised if they lost a few seats).

I like Theresa May.

just to piss you off

deal3.jpg

Forgot to add looking forward to the Leaders debates where May can defend her proud record of robbing the poor and making woman that have been raped fill out forums to get their benefits

Oh wait a minute just heard the latest Tory announcement regards the Leaders debates

I didn't check out the snp as well as I should have regarding the last independence vote. How the snp sucks up to the EU, and would have Scotland as an open door to all migrants, refugees etc to come and multiply in Scotland and in a few years the migrants will be running us with their ideaology and laws. Sturgeon is an agitator who took over from super curry eating alec, she in my opinion will ruin Scotland, I am looking forward to an conservative victory in june, and teressa may sticking 2 fingers up to sturgeon and telling her, I am now an elected prime minister now go and f---ck yourself you little squirt. Oh and by the way the usa has now a man in the white house and not an Islamic worshiping wimp in the white house who was all talk and no action, Iran billion dollar hand over, and the bengazzi Libya disaster are only 2 examples of the Obama democratic pacifist government.

What a fucking roaster.

You can just feel the hatred for those Muslamics or anyone of a brown persuasion.

Aye agreed.

Nothing wrong with tax.plenty benefits come along with it

I think a lot of folk would happily pay more tax if it was distributed in order to pay for better public services and infrastructure. Unfortunately there's fuck all chance of that happening under the current government.

Austerity doesn't mean all in it together to them, it means all the poor in it together.

What spam x3 said essentially.

I think a lot of folk would happily pay more tax if it was distributed in order to pay for better public services and infrastructure. Unfortunately there's fuck all chance of that happening under the current government.

Austerity doesn't mean all in it together to them, it means all the poor in it together.

What spam x3 said essentially.

Tories can't be trusted at all.

So much underhand hidden scheming going while the less discerning voters are distracted with empty statements about brexit and the overblown issue of immigration.

But too many people believe the shite trotted out in the Daily Mail etc on a daily basis.

Prob is you all sound naive or downright brainwashed with the cliched I hate the Tories mantra.

Not because I care but cure you sound stupid thinking it would be better with a labour govt

Its not about hating the Tories it's about looking at what they are doing.

This is the most right wing government we've had in decades and they don't give a fuck about the UK, only about furthering their right wing agendas.

Would be shite under labour but I still want to see this right wing mob out before they do more damage.

Leaving oz the morn after a couple of weeks to come back to my lovely country, it's nice and hippy dippy here but I miss the smells and joyless souls of the capital :) that and the bugs here are out to get you.

I hope gb doesn't turn into an overpriced shithole with nothing in the supermarkets, might be time to invest in a stotter of a drug habit to block out the boredom.

I don't understand the hatred of the tories in Aberdeen. A lot of SNP folk on this site aren't even old enough to remember the poll tax, the main reason they are despised up here despite the poll tax being a fairer system than the shitty council tax system we have now. Aberdeen done pretty well under the tory government if i remember. It enabled my parents to get on the property ladder by buying their council house.

Are folk on here actually affected by the tory policys like "bedroom tax" etc or are they just taking offence on behalf of "the poor"? I suspect it's the latter.

In my lifetime i have voted Labour, Tory and SNP. I will never vote liberal though lol, I think political views change as you get older and your circumstances change. I don't understand these folk who vote for one party their entire life especially those who do it because their dad was labour or whatever.

I don't understand the hatred of the tories in Aberdeen. A lot of SNP folk on this site aren't even old enough to remember the poll tax, the main reason they are despised up here despite the poll tax being a fairer system than the shitty council tax system we have now. Aberdeen done pretty well under the tory government if i remember. It enabled my parents to get on the property ladder by buying their council house.

Are folk on here actually affected by the tory policys like "bedroom tax" etc or are they just taking offence on behalf of "the poor"? I suspect it's the latter.

In my lifetime i have voted Labour, Tory and SNP. I will never vote liberal though lol, I think political views change as you get older and your circumstances change. I don't understand these folk who vote for one party their entire life especially those who do it because their dad was labour or whatever.

Good Post...

Thats because people have open minds. Someone said earlier in the thread, "if you're doing well, vote for those that help others, if you're doing badly, vote for those that appeal to you" or something like that. Terrific thinking!

I don't get the one party voters either. I'll vote SNP until independence but I don't actually agree with quite a lot of their policies. People, opinions and circumstances change. Backing one political party til you die seems like you're voting blind.

Exactly beer gut.

Seems like hipster bandwagon jumping to me.

Would imagine everyone on here has a decent sys of living due to the prosperous economy of Aberdeen and so has a lot to be grateful E to the past govts for

We need to thank dinosaurs not past governments.

Also, read my quote earlier again.

Thats because people have open minds. Someone said earlier in the thread, "if you're doing well, vote for those that help others, if you're doing badly, vote for those that appeal to you" or something like that. Terrific thinking!

I don't get the one party voters either. I'll vote SNP until independence but I don't actually agree with quite a lot of their policies. People, opinions and circumstances change. Backing one political party til you die seems like you're voting blind.

100% agree with this

Good point. Most folk support a political party with blind faith like they do with their football club.

Might be a better idea to switch allegiances ( or at least buy a labour/tories half and half scarf)

But the worst that's going to happen if your football team is shite is you have a depressing saturday near every week (as we all full well fucking know). You support a political party and you could well fuck up a generation.

It's also incredible that Shooftah is an actual person. Reminds me of Wull. Thinking of those 2 in this thread makes me question whether democracy is a good idea...