Aberdeen 2 - 1 Dundee

You do realise it was Shinnies rebound that May scored from?

McLean for Maynard would have made more sense

Shinnie still had a shocker. He's our driving force at times but not immune to criticism. Christie was the worst I've seen him. McLean poor also.

But fuck it and fuck saying we didn't deserve the win. We did because we've signed players like May who can score a goal like the winner.

Great to win when we're not at our best, two good goals, especially the second. May dragged us through that despite not looking anywhere near fully fit.

Tansey looked good in the first half.

Stewart changed things for the better when he came on, but by fuck we lacked balance until then.

Christie very poor, but playing out of position.

GMS not up to much.

McLean hopeless for 65 mins, then when Stewart came on much better.

Even Shinnie was poor, couldn't get things going.

Some real calamity defending from the whole back four.

We really need to stop shoehorning players into positions when there are better options on the bench.

We also really need to overhaul that defence.

Crazy weather.

Most importantly three points!!!!!

Well that was a nervy game. McLean took an eternity to look like he actually gave a fuck. Christie had a shocker, the pass for their goal was absolutely criminal and the less said about Reynolds the better. The number 8 & 21 for Dundee looked rather good and tbh if they had used their brain more we were there for the taking cause our defence was all over the shop. Thank god for AOC & May getting us out of jail

Best 2 players today were O'Connor and May I think. Stewart looked lively when he came on.

O'Connor defended really well I thought and made some good passes out of defence.

May got 2 decent goals and worked hard, looking much sharper than Maynard or Rooney did when they came on in the second half.

Worst 2 IMO: Christie and Considine. McLean almost making the worst performers list as well but battled quite hard on that last 10 mins to help get us over the line.

Christie just had a terrible game, he got nothing right.

Considine is so poor when we need to go up that left flank its really frustrating, teams turn him inside easily and he either makes a simple square pass or lobs some easily defended ball forward.

McLean as I said earlier, shouldn't play in that forward 4, he is far too ponderous on the ball and too obvious with most of what he does IMO. Much better suited to playing the deeper central area I think.

I really hope we've got a bit of budget to bring in a decent pacey LB even on a loan or the balls to give Harvie his chance. I like Consi but the team is unbalanced with him out there on the left, its holding us back now.

Either that or we invest in another centre mid and move shinnie into left back. Good post btw.

Agree with the Shinnie comment, he had a shocker today. Passing was poor.

Good to see we can play shite and get a win. Players like May offer that though. If he stays fit he will be absolutely superb for us. A striker who scores goals and offers something else on top of that, something we apparently couldn't get :clangers2:

Edit:

Agree about Considine. Need someone comfortable on the ball with some pace. Just doesn't offer enough on that left side. Would be willing to give Considine a run at centre half.

• Upvote 1

Shinnie and Christie can have the odd shocker as long as we win.

The Dundee right back was very good.

Three points is what it's all about.

Kerr has been decent for them for a few years now. I seem to remember him having Hayes in his back pocket a few times. Was brutal when we pumped them last season however.

Just as well we've got Stevie May. Cracking player. Movement, goals, the hair. He's got everything.

Maynard absolutely plum :laughing: How on earth did he come on ahead of RooDawg.

Probably the best I've seen Tanzini play today. Looks a cracking addition to the midfield who for the most part were poor today.

Got in drenched in Y. COYR!!!

• Downvote 1

Just as well we've got Stevie May. Cracking player. Movement, goals, the hair. He's got everything.

Maynard absolutely plum :laughing: How on earth did he come on ahead of RooDawg.

Probably the best I've seen Tanzini play today. Looks a cracking addition to the midfield who for the most part were poor today.

Got in drenched in Y. COYR!!!

Maynard came on cause he's our second best striker. Rooney is shite and won't be here in a years time, thank fuck!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

How could anyone not see how shite Rooney is compared to May and Maynard? When he had the chance to put Maynard clean through on goal. I can't even remember what he did. I think he did nothing at all.

Watched it back. He fucking ran the ball straight out of play.

Good win when in all honesty we didn't play that well.

Thought O Connor was very good, especially 2nd half. Greg Stewart was the catalyst for turning the game or us as we were struggling for a spell. Constantly on the move, looking to get on the ball I thought his performance was a game changer for us when others weren't up to standard.

Stevie May, well I think there might be some serious man love from all of us heading his way for the foreseeable future. A proper player.

• Upvote 1

Mark Reynolds is shit. AOC good, again. dk why he took off GMS over Christie cause he was tripe. All added wee bits though, cant complain with a 2-1 after playing so shite.